Fishing

Dawgdoc

Journeyman
Just starting to delve into fishing for lols as well as making gold.

I've never fished into before. What would a good template be?

Obviously maxed fishing eventually to 120.... But what else?

I assume fishing from a boat is mandatory....are ships safe when you are out in the open water if u don't have your key on you? I know ship deed and dry docked ships are safe but not sure about when I use.

Thanks in advance for any fishing info :)

eppy

Grandmaster
You need archery on a fisherman. Archery and provo would be ideal but you can put the provo on a different account. Boats can be sunk but they go into your bank when they are.

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
For the best fishing, make a fisher on each account. You'll get a lot more MiBs.

As far as templates, pretty much anything can kill the serpents that spawn while fishing. Archery is really good. Provo is good for doing nets. I have a provo/tamer on one account, an archer on another, and one who's only worthwhile skill is fishing.

Yeah, boats are mandatory. No, your ship isn't safe, but now when it gets sunk you only lose what's on it, and the boat goes to your bank box.

and eppy answered a few of these while I was typing this.

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
Yeah, the gold can be really good. Save and sort your MiBs (I plot them out in Auto Map). When you get a bunch in an area fish them up. It saves a lot of time, and you can do them a lot faster than just sailing from one random location to another.

Jace Belerin

Apprentice
I run 3 fishers 2 archer/provo with 80 heal/Anat and 40 magery, and 1 tamer/mage with just enough taming for young dragons. The tamer handles MIBs. Get about 100 MIBs and then sort and fish them up.

Serpents bane slayers drop seeps in 2-3 hits. When doing MIBs take water slayers as MIBs spawn a water ele and deep water ele. The deep water will fuck your shit up so provoke them onto each other and focus down the deep as the water ele doesn't last long.

At 115 you can pull up Osiredon, but I haven't yet so no advice on that.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
I have magery on my fisher. Summon daemons and say all guard is the magic spell. Deep sea serpents seem like ants.