Fishing..umm issue?

Flewderflam

So today I went fishing. I started the day off with 75 fishing skill and sailed from my favorite dock while my loyal tillerman scanned for hostile pirates. I ended up far away from home with a skill of 82.4 and not once did I manage to snag a sea serpent. According to this site http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fishing at level 75 fishing I should be able to fish up maps and at 80 some other goodies however my day did not have any of these elemnets. Am I doing something wrong? I was well away from land. Perhaps the rarity of such items are just so much that in the 7.4 skill point advancement I just didn't get the loot, I don't know. As a side note I did at one point notice a tile that appeared that looked like a tiny whirlpool.......upon further investigation I was killed instantly, guess it pays to be a little less curious on the open waters haha.

At GM the chance of pulling a mib is like 2 per hour. I think the chance is just very low at your level, of pulling up anything other than fish and boots. The maps are worthless anyway, I think they are level 1 or 2. I would just grind fishing to the next full point, then buy scrolls to get to GM. Find a vendor selling bulk mib's (player vendor, not an npc), and go fish em all up for $$$. GLHF

skill too low. fishing to collect is best done afk. i dont' do it, however i do think it is legal. ( i see it done all the time)

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
U can AFK fishing to gain skill. It's legit. Make a rune book(s) with all the spot at decks. Create a macro to loop through all spots. Move to new spot when there's no more fish at ur current spot. GM over night. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk