Faction Finance minister gump doesn't work

vladimer

Journeyman
The issue was, it was easy to farm an alt, and then basically give yourself free gold. The devs decided they didnt like it. No one complained. They are implementing a new system because THEY decided to.
wrong. i was hiding my vendors and buying my stock from them and selling on my player vendors in my shop while i raised the town taxes to max. you have no idea what your tlaking about farming alt giving free gold, roflmao. and everyone complained about it resulting in my gold being deleted and a 13 day ban until they took taxes out

S

Shane

When factions weren't busy at all people weren't even factioning but just using the vendors to profit gold of buying / reselling resources in stock with zero to no effort.

It came down to people were benefiting the resources without even factioning.. TBH the whole system is pretty silly, it's built for 200-500 active faction members fighting daily like how it was on OSI, the current faction system isn't build for what UO is today.

wrong. i was hiding my vendors and buying my stock from them and selling on my player vendors in my shop while i raised the town taxes to max. you have no idea what your tlaking about farming alt giving free gold, roflmao. and everyone complained about it resulting in my gold being deleted and a 13 day ban until they took taxes out
Thx for the correction. I had heard that you farmed an alt to take control of said vendors because there was basically no one in factions at the time. *Shrugs* I could really care less what you did. The fact remains, the devs didnt like it, they took it out..

MaryKMurphy

Apprentice
When factions weren't busy at all people weren't even factioning but just using the vendors to profit gold of buying / reselling resources in stock with zero to no effort.

It came down to people were benefiting the resources without even factioning.. TBH the whole system is pretty silly, it's built for 200-500 active faction members fighting daily like how it was on OSI, the current faction system isn't build for what UO is today.

Shane i could be wrong, but im not sure you understand how much effort and time goes into
#1 getting sigils
#2Then buying the vendors up to 999
#3then buying them out every 90 mins so they dont go below 999

And if your faction vendors arnt next to your house or inside a bank, gating all those regs out is also a pain, and getting caught at a secluded vendor spot with 500k worth of regs on the ground? well that can be pretty devastating.

The faction system is suppose to be like a political system, taxes are suppose to get raised and lowered here and there to create back alley deals and ways to make money through PvP. Basically factions is like how our government works, its suppose to be corrupt and that's the fun in it.

Its allot of effort.

And when people see Brits Taxxes get raised to +300% maybe more people will join opposing factions to fight the oppressed people of Britian.

The Faction system in UO is one of if not the most creative PvP system ever created in a MMO.

I would praise who ever could come up with a better idea, but since the gaming industry is SO HUGE now and no one has come up with something, i highly doubt anyone will.

I understand that the system can be abused and trust me i have abused it, BUT the faction system doesnt need 400 active faction players to work.

Ive been on shards where there was MAYBE 50-80 active faction players and the system worked fine.

And UOF just got a influx of about 40 new faction players within the past 1-2 weeks

So i would really let the factions ride out now that such a huge influx of factions have joined your shard and see how it goes then decide. I think you will be very surprised how much factions will change over the next month.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaryKMurphy

Apprentice

And having 200-500 active faction members makes for zerg fielding which honestly is no fun for anyone. Im not aware if you were around when abyss test went down and factions went live, but about a month into factions it was a shit show with the amount of people that joined.

The Faction system is best when there are a few core grps of players in each faction so you can get good 2v2s-6v6 and then on days when sigils are up you usualy get your 10v10s-20v20s

that is at least when i and pretty much everyone i know have enjoyed factions the most.