Faction Finance minister gump doesn't work

MaryKMurphy

Apprentice
When appointed finance minister of a town, your access to taxes and vendors is blank.
Is this a bug, something being work on, or do faction vendors not exist here?

I think they took them out recently. Taxes and vendors were being abused from what I heard.

Edit: a new "militia" system is being introduced to take its place around the first of the year.

MaryKMurphy

Apprentice
The faction vendor system and taxes are supposed to be abused, that's the whole point of it. It forces people to join a faction and fight a faction oppressing the people.

I guess people on this shard were just to scared to actually fight and instead complained about the issue so now its just getting change.

The issue was, it was easy to farm an alt, and then basically give yourself free gold. The devs decided they didnt like it. No one complained. They are implementing a new system because THEY decided to.

MaryKMurphy

Apprentice
with the 4 account limit im not sure how it could be "easy" to farm a alt. If quiting factions took 3-7 days, and you can only farm 6 points off a alt....

But i guess people were farming because it took me 2 hours after gming my first alchy mage to get 9 points in factions and dirt 3 diferent crews 2v2

halygon

Grandmaster
with the 4 account limit im not sure how it could be "easy" to farm a alt. If quiting factions took 3-7 days, and you can only farm 6 points off a alt....

But i guess people were farming because it took me 2 hours after gming my first alchy mage to get 9 points in factions and dirt 3 diferent crews 2v2
"3" account limit

MaryKMurphy

Apprentice
10341960_751183414918171_1165096931296981766_n.jpg

Yes the limit is 3 accounts, but from what I understand you can have all 3 toons in factions as long as its the same faction. So 6 toons to farm points from.

MaryKMurphy

Apprentice
"3" account limit
So in a matter of (whats it take to quit a faction here, 3-7 days?) You would ultimately limit yourself to 1 faction char, and be able to farm a total of 12 points, and if your farming points chances are you suck in the field and will lose them to begin with.

I think there are much better options then changing the entire faction system to "Town Militias" but im new here so what do i know.

MaryKMurphy

Apprentice
I'm going to revert this change now that it sounds like we have some faction action happening again.
Thank you for your quick response Adam! Staff really seems to be involved with its players over here, makes me really glad i moved to UOF enjoying it allot so far in my first 4 days.

MaryKMurphy

Apprentice
Yes the limit is 3 accounts, but from what I understand you can have all 3 toons in factions as long as its the same faction. So 6 toons to farm points from.
I dont think you can have more then 1 char on each account in a faction, although i could be wrong. But even still a char at 0 points gives 0 silver, so your farming points for what? just points? If you need to farm points off yourself, obviously you suck and will just lose them the second you step into a field fight anyway.

MaryKMurphy

Apprentice
Oh believe me i know, people have been faction point farming forever, but the thing is "points" don't give you a edge. Points to a pvper are kind of like blessed Falon doublets to a bank sitter, its all for show.

Yeah their might be a few perks like at lvl 2 you can ride a warhorse (if you can get lvl 2 you might want leave factions and buy some pvp lessons then rejoin) And at lvl 6 you can run for commanding lord, but i believe that's all the benefits you can achieve from points unless UOF has added something new

But so far from what i have seen i think the Faction system here is great, not having to stock 200-500k worth of wands, bolas, invul armor, pots, regs and petals makes going out into the field MUCH more fun and makes PvP happen much more often i believe, because when you die you are not losing close to half a mill in gold.

halygon

Grandmaster
Oh believe me i know, people have been faction point farming forever, but the thing is "points" don't give you a edge. Points to a pvper are kind of like blessed Falon doublets to a bank sitter, its all for show.

Yeah their might be a few perks like at lvl 2 you can ride a warhorse (if you can get lvl 2 you might want leave factions and buy some pvp lessons then rejoin) And at lvl 6 you can run for commanding lord, but i believe that's all the benefits you can achieve from points unless UOF has added something new

But so far from what i have seen i think the Faction system here is great, not having to stock 200-500k worth of wands, bolas, invul armor, pots, regs and petals makes going out into the field MUCH more fun and makes PvP happen much more often i believe, because when you die you are not losing close to half a mill in gold.
Because of lack of stamina loss, war horses are for looks only - sadly.

Staff

Young Player Help
I'm going to be adding these back in this week. It won't be n this next patch but in the middle of the week. The only way I am allowed top ut them back in is if I make it so they can only be placed in a specific location so that players cannot hide them.

halygon

Grandmaster
I'm going to be adding these back in this week. It won't be n this next patch but in the middle of the week. The only way I am allowed top ut them back in is if I make it so they can only be placed in a specific location so that players cannot hide them.
That's the best part of inter-faction politics though - Hiding the NPCs so that only your guild or allies can take advantage of it. And also finding those hidden NPCs from a same faction- opposing guild is pretty sweet also.

Staff

Young Player Help
That's the best part of inter-faction politics though - Hiding the NPCs so that only your guild or allies can take advantage of it. And also finding those hidden NPCs from a same faction- opposing guild is pretty sweet also.

This came on down from the all-father.

vladimer

Journeyman
********. yall banned me and deleted my gold and shit because of this a month ago now yall re adding it? i want my gold back if so