Earn Money

KaasKop

Neophyte
Hello,

Im new to this shard, i've played UO, but on a different shard (neverlands)

I was thinking to go and mine in minoc mines to earn some money.. But i didnt see any players there..
Are ingots worth mining?

How can i earn some descent cash (like 60k) to buy a house, and go on from there :)
I've tried to go in dungeons, but IMO it takes to much time, and there are alot of PK-ers there..

Thanks!!

People will for sure buy ingots but its not the fastest way to make money. I normally suggest new players do the above ground lich spawns. Its a lot easier to get away from PK's and its a much easier environment in general. Just get a silver weapon and you could easily make 50k in a few hours doing them.

Check out some rune libraries to find the exact locations.

If you really want to get resources to sell, I would kill giant serpents for bone and spined leather. People will buy that from you instantly.

Yoar

Adept
Hoi KaasKop, welkom op UO Forever :D

Are you refering to power scrolls? You get awarded with power scrolls when you've defeated a champion or after completing and handing in a certain bulk order deed. If you want to make big money the crafting way, I suggest you get tailoring on as many characters as possible and start doing BODs. Killing liches a good alternative ;)

Illy

Master
Dexxer in a dungeon is still the quickest startup and you're developing a character as you go. You're going to have to learn how to get away from PKs eventually anyway.

AkkaNation

Neophyte
I am having trouble earning money as well. I have tried alot of dungeons, but everytime I'm inside a dungeon for more then 10 minutes, a group of pkers show up and I need to run my ass off. This happens all the time. And I don't earn cash from running away from pkers.

TouchToneDialing was talking about above ground liche spawns. Where can I find these?

Go to the SA guildhouse at the desert crossroads. There is a book of above ground hunting in there. Most other libraries probably have a similar book.

Yep. Almost every library will have a book of just lich locations. The SA library for sure has it and so does the moonglow library

AkkaNation

Neophyte
And these libraries are players houses with books in it? And how can I find the SA guildhouse. How does the house look? I am looking at the cross roads now but I can't find it.

eppy

Grandmaster
Open your map, there is a big SA on the roof. Yes they are player houses that have been opened to the public.

If you still want to hunt in a dungeon, but avoid PKs as much as possible, avoid the "crowded" place. This means no Shame, Deceit, Fire level 2, etc.

I would hunt in level 1 and level 2 of Covetous, killing Harpies, Gazers, and Water Elementals or Wrong killing ratmen, ogres, and trolls. Lower reward, but lower risk from PKs.