Dungeons and Recalling

Saw this posted on the IRC earlier,

It seems weird you can recall "into" as well as "out" of dungeons.

Might it not be an idea to only allow recalling "out" of dungeons?

Would give people more of a fighting chance over the "3 reds suddenly appear on top of you" issue.
They send in a blue scout to talk to you, and a minute or 2 later you should probably start to worry about an impeding gank ;)

It's a viable tactic, and obviously you can recall out as soon as you suspect he/she's a scout,. but still a rather low effort hunting tactic for the reds.. I'd rather they (and everyone else obviously) have to walk through the dungeon levels in order to get to where the meat is - so to say.

Umabel

Novice
Why do you need a scout? Just camp the entrance(s) until someone tries to go through.

It does sound fun and more challenging.

gucci mane

Apprentice
the game is a little archaic to be wanting to trudge down levels just to farm in 2014 although it does sound good on paper..... it would make farming even harder for blues. now if they see a PK and they gotta leave that dungeon and start walking again from another dungeon floor 1 entrance lol. think about it

and anways

Would give people more of a fighting chance over the "3 reds suddenly appear on top of you" issue.

make a recall macro...

i think people have this mentality that's like "ah yes i am very deep in a dank dungeon way below the earth..... no one will find me here.... it would be very unlikely! i can engage these monsters for 5 minutes straight and let my HP drop to 30 all the time! because no one is around for sure! i wont need to keep my hotkey hovering on my recall macro.... i can alt tab and watch youtube while i'm swinging!"

when i farm im watching the edge of my screen constantly ready to push that all so easy getaway key. even if you get spells launched at you you can get away and you take dmg after you're gone back home.

Metalhead-

Master
Seriously OP? It takes half a second to hit the recall macro and now you wanna force me to run through complete noobs in levels 1-2 stopping their fun to get to someone that's suppose to be established enough to handle a PK? You're gonna ruin a hand full of others farming experiences just so you can do exactly what you would have done if I recalled in one screen away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ima2.0

Neophyte
So if you couldn't recall into a dungeon... couldn't the same group of 3 reds just camp the entrance? Ganking is going to happen, reducing the "choke points" helps minimize the griefing of it at least.

They send in a blue scout to talk to you, and a minute or 2 later you should probably start to worry about an impeding gank ;)

It's a viable tactic, and obviously you can recall out as soon as you suspect he/she's a scout,. but still a rather low effort hunting tactic for the reds.. I'd rather they (and everyone else obviously) have to walk through the dungeon levels in order to get to where the meat is - so to say.

I think the best thing is to DENY ALL REDS to recall in and out dungeons. That'll solve a lot of probs!!!

Amabangu

Expert
if you want tram... go play another server.. this is a pvp server if it was easy any one could do it smh

Kraden

Grandmaster

Honestly i think you should be able to recall in or out of dungeons

gofer

Grandmaster
It would certainly hamper tamers and their ability to farm. Not sure about you, but I would imagine walking through 10mins of trash with two pets in tow is just a big pain in the ass.

Tsuki

Journeyman
I for one would rather have reds recalling/gating to where I'm farming, and kill me once in a while, rather than have to walk back to Shame lvl 5 (for instance) each time I bank. And with dragons in tow? You'd have to summon them each time or it would take forever.

Also would be fun getting back to your corpse after getting killed by mobs or pked......

No thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yeah but having to walk through all that trash means they can mess with numbers more and make it more rewarding to farm on lower levels. It will also clear up some of the hundreds of mills that tamers have while still letting them own. Instead of walking through every dungeon solo maybe they have to pay a cut to people for protection?

Tsuki

Journeyman
With no recalling out, why would pks bother going into dungeons instead of camping the entrance for people coming out with 10k+?

kurtis

Grandmaster
if you want tram... go play another server.. this is a pvp server if it was easy any one could do it smh

PvP server? As great as this server is, I'm not sure that's the proper characterization.

I definitely see the value in limiting travel in/out of dungeons in some form or other. But as mentioned, the OP's suggestion would be a huge hassle for tamers. I can't see this getting implemented given how favorably tamers are treated here. Besides hauling around pets, though, it really doesn't take long to run through a dungeon. We have mounts and no mount fatigue...traveling through a dungeon is very, very quick.

A compromise would be if you could only gate in/out of dungeons. But then I guess dexers and archer/tamers would complain. Personally though, I've always thought it was ridiculous you can recall with bonded pets and that dexers can recall 100% success without magery.

Kalos

Apprentice

Perhaps a compromise where you could only recall in/out of levels 1 and 2, but the rest would have to be traveled to.
I like it the way it is personally.

asics

Grandmaster
i think a FAIR thing could be:

Some Dungeon: In\out

Some dungeon: just out
some dungeon: no in\out

some island no recall in..just get boats
a dungeon : Gold SINK \ Dono to enter (like 5k gold or 50\100 donation)