Dungeon PK Build

StegcO

Grandmaster
Depends who is the char you want to kill

VANQ Archery + VANQ Poisoned weapon (a lot of pvmers dont use CurePots) + ExploPots (even with 0 Alchemy) it's a lot of damage.
Obvoiusly it's NOT the best pk template but IMO one of the funniest to play :)

Josh D

Grandmaster
Depends who is the char you want to kill

VANQ Archery + VANQ Poisoned weapon (a lot of pvmers dont use CurePots) + ExploPots (even with 0 Alchemy) it's a lot of damage.
Obvoiusly it's NOT the best pk template but IMO one of the funniest to play :)

This is an incredibly solid build for killing the harvesters using a recall macro. I highly recommend it. Its slightly more powerful than the new red grizzly bears, yet slightly less fun.

StegcO

Grandmaster
This is an incredibly solid build for killing the harvesters using a recall macro. I highly recommend it. Its slightly more powerful than the new red grizzly bears, yet slightly less fun.
Hehehehehe :)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks all for your replies! I think I've been persuaded against Poisoning. I was never a pot chugger on OSI as it was expensive and not completely necessary... so I didn't realize there was no Cooldown for Cure Pots and that it had such a high chance to cure DP. That's pretty lame.

Archery seems to miss too frequently even at GM with a +10 or +15 bow and I wouldn't run with anything more expensive on a PK. I'll probably just do Alchy as that seems to be the best offensive bonus.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Thanks all for your replies! I think I've been persuaded against Poisoning. I was never a pot chugger on OSI as it was expensive and not completely necessary... so I didn't realize there was no Cooldown for Cure Pots and that it had such a high chance to cure DP. That's pretty lame.

Archery seems to miss too frequently even at GM with a +10 or +15 bow and I wouldn't run with anything more expensive on a PK. I'll probably just do Alchy as that seems to be the best offensive bonus.

Remeber that a lot of PVMers dont use CurePots, so even without Poisoning use Poisoned weapons ;)

Kears

Master
Another thing I remembered. If your going to make a dungeon pk. Make him a PVMER first and get the Defensive Relic to lvl 4-5 so that mobs don't do as much damage to you. This way you can shrug off agro from monsters in dungeons. It will take you a little longer to get your char setup but it will be beneficial in the long run. Also a Valorite Swampy.

This will also help you kill tamers as their dragons wont do as much damage to you since the defensive relic works vs pets. Just a few tips.

If i was starting a PK I would make 2 dexers. One to pk with and one to get the talisman. After you get the defensive talisman lvled up join the first PK to factions and use your murder forgive to turn him blue. Then get the bezerker talisman on him, and go pk with your defensive talisman pk. Also get a valorite swampy for that char as well. and ball it.

+1 for min-maxing strat
that's what I would want to hear :)

kolbycrouch

Master
100 swords
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
100 resist
100 mage
100 alchemy

Train mage and resist first because you'll want meditation and decent int while training.
Train parry in place of alchemy and get a defense talisman leveled up a couple of levels.
Train Alchemy over parrying once your comfortable with your talisman level.

This is probably the easiest build to play. Some take hiding over magery, but since you need resist you might as well get magery too, it's better.

kurtis

Grandmaster
You really want Alchemy as a skill on a PK char. Keep in mind that almost all of your victims are going to try to run or recall away. So you need to chase them down and disrupt recalls/heals. The damage from high alchemy goes a very long way in chasing them down. I can't tell you how many times I've killed someone with alchy pots alone, because they just run and are scared to try to cast recall because they know my weapon will hit. But with high alchemy, the alchy dmg outweighs the heal pot healing and you can wipe them out. As crazy as it sounds, greater explosion pots will become a primary source of dmg on your pk. An absolute necessity in my mind.

I dropped GM poisoning on my dexer pk a long time ago because I didn't find enough value in it. Instead, I dropped it down to somewhere between 40-60, which is just enough to apply a lesser poison pot on my weapon (as opposed to relying on a mule, which is a pain in the ass). And it increased my ability to land a poison charge by a good %. And the last benefit is that lesser poison can actually be more effective than Deadly poison. This is because it ticks more often (every 2 seconds vs every 5 seconds). This means that the poison will have a much higher probability of disrupting a recall. While it's true that DP does much more damage and cure pots can fail on them, your targets are chugging every pot in their pack and desperately trying to run/recall away. 99 times out of 100, before they run out of cure pots you will have either killed them or they managed a recall. Poison is most effective as a tool to keep them from healing and disrupt spell casting. If you're relying on it for damage alone, you're failing as a PK imo.

You really want Alchemy as a skill on a PK char. Keep in mind that almost all of your victims are going to try to run or recall away. So you need to chase them down and disrupt recalls/heals. The damage from high alchemy goes a very long way in chasing them down. I can't tell you how many times I've killed someone with alchy pots alone, because they just run and are scared to try to cast recall because they know my weapon will hit. But with high alchemy, the alchy dmg outweighs the heal pot healing and you can wipe them out. As crazy as it sounds, greater explosion pots will become a primary source of dmg on your pk. An absolute necessity in my mind.

I dropped GM poisoning on my dexer pk a long time ago because I didn't find enough value in it. Instead, I dropped it down to somewhere between 40-60, which is just enough to apply a lesser poison pot on my weapon (as opposed to relying on a mule, which is a pain in the ass). And it increased my ability to land a poison charge by a good %. And the last benefit is that lesser poison can actually be more effective than Deadly poison. This is because it ticks more often (every 2 seconds vs every 5 seconds). This means that the poison will have a much higher probability of disrupting a recall. While it's true that DP does much more damage and cure pots can fail on them, your targets are chugging every pot in their pack and desperately trying to run/recall away. 99 times out of 100, before they run out of cure pots you will have either killed them or they managed a recall. Poison is most effective as a tool to keep them from healing and disrupt spell casting. If you're relying on it for damage alone, you're failing as a PK imo.

Interesting point about the lesser poinson vs DP. What do you throw those last 50ish skill points into?

I dont play my dexxer much anymore, mostly because I don't play much right now. A lot going on for me around the holidays and I have been spending time on other personal projects. But if you actively try to level it every day for a few hours I think you would find it pretty easy. Plus I mean you make money while you do it. I need to put more effort into it but I dont. Mine is lvl 3. which is 15% reduced damage. I only level mine on Arch Demon, and Invasions at the moment. That is the only time I log on my dexer anymore.

kurtis

Grandmaster
Interesting point about the lesser poinson vs DP. What do you throw those last 50ish skill points into?

So this is the build I use
  • 700 total skill points
  • 100: swords, tact, resist, hiding
  • 80: alchemy
  • 90: healing, anat
  • 40 poison
  • This is a mean and dirty dungeon PK where I take a lot of risks, hence the hiding (which has gotten me out of lots of situations).
  • This is by far the most fun PK build I have used on this server. I find myself in loads of crazy situations and usually find my way out with lots of loot.
If I wasn't lazy I would powerscroll up to 720 and dump another 10 points in healing and 10 in poison or anat.

I might also ditch hiding above and just having magery (I have another dexer PK with GM magery and opted for meditation instead of poison. That is my versatile, more PvP oriented build).

There's lots of quirky things that are surprisingly effective on a dexer PK. It really depends on your exact style (how risky are you, do you solo or do you have help, which areas do you tend to pk, etc, etc.). The only thing I would never drop below 100 is the weapon skill and tactics. Everything else can be flexible-ish in my opinion.