Dungeon Difficulty

Weland

Grandmaster
So I know on the wiki it shows all the dungeons but I was wondering what the break down would be for both me and other young players and what order they would be listed in regards to difficulty. For instance A Dungeon) 60+ in basic combat skills g2g B Dungeon) Not a GM....don't go.

kurtis

Grandmaster
Each dungeon has different levels, and the lower you go in the dungeon, the more skill required to properly manage it. So it's hard to categorize an entire dungeon in terms of difficulty. A dungeon with an easy first level may have a brutal last level. It's also largely dependent on what your Template is. Every dungeon has templates that conquer it more easily and templates that struggle with it.

Generally speaking, Covetous is a fairly easy dungeon and PK's roam the lower levels infrequently. You can work on harpies and gazers, which provide decent enough skill gain and gold at lower levels. Despise dungeon is also great for new players. It has an easy first level and then lots of ogres/ettins to work skill up. But PK's roam Despise much more often. If you have young status though, you don't have to worry about being PK'ed.

After those two dungeons, I would probably go to either Shame or Deceit. Shame has lots of Earth Eles, which move slow and can take you to GM weapon skill if needed. And Deceit has spawns of Bone Knights that are known for providing great skill gain.

Dungeons you probably want to avoid for a while are Khaldun and Destard. Both of those are best suited for a high-level Tamer or Provoker and can get nasty very quickly. And avoid Terathan keep as the mobs will Lethal poison you, which can cause death very quickly for a younger player.

If I had to put together a list of difficulty from easiest to hardest, considering PK's and how easy it is for a new player to navigate, it would probably look like this.

1. Covetous
  2. Despise
  3. Shame
  4. Deceit
  5. Orc Dungeon
  6. Wrong
  7. Ice
  8. Fire
  9. Hythloth
  10. Destard
  11. Terathan Keep
  12. Khaldun

K A Z

Grandmaster
Each dungeon has different levels, and the lower you go in the dungeon, the more skill required to properly manage it. So it's hard to categorize an entire dungeon in terms of difficulty. A dungeon with an easy first level may have a brutal last level. It's also largely dependent on what your Template is. Every dungeon has templates that conquer it more easily and templates that struggle with it.

Generally speaking, Covetous is a fairly easy dungeon and PK's roam the lower levels infrequently. You can work on harpies and gazers, which provide decent enough skill gain and gold at lower levels. Despise dungeon is also great for new players. It has an easy first level and then lots of ogres/ettins to work skill up. But PK's roam Despise much more often. If you have young status though, you don't have to worry about being PK'ed.

After those two dungeons, I would probably go to either Shame or Deceit. Shame has lots of Earth Eles, which move slow and can take you to GM weapon skill if needed. And Deceit has spawns of Bone Knights that are known for providing great skill gain.

Dungeons you probably want to avoid for a while are Khaldun and Destard. Both of those are best suited for a high-level Tamer or Provoker and can get nasty very quickly. And avoid Terathan keep as the mobs will Lethal poison you, which can cause death very quickly for a younger player.

If I had to put together a list of difficulty from easiest to hardest, considering PK's and how easy it is for a new player to navigate, it would probably look like this.

1. Covetous
  2. Despise
  3. Shame
  4. Deceit
  5. Orc Dungeon
  6. Wrong
  7. Ice
  8. Fire
  9. Hythloth
  10. Destard
  11. Terathan Keep
  12. Khaldun

very good post! I'd though say that ice dungeon is quite suitable for a younger player, atleast the entrance area. Arctic Ogre Lords are also pretty good when you're a bard, but it's pretty frequented by PKs.

Weland

Grandmaster
Nice. Thank you for taking the time to put this together. I'm sure other young players will benefit from knowing there is more than just Shame and Despise for them to roam.

thestand

Grandmaster
Dungeons can be a bad place to take new players. You might want try finding monster spawns out in the wilderness. Less pks and it is easier to run from trouble.

Weland

Grandmaster
True but a PK that gets a thrill from trolling a low level dungeon is a sad case. If you aren't going to go for a challenging target then you didn't earn your Red. Just my opinion.

Surprisingly I have run into more Reds in the wild than in dungeons. Again I'm an EU player so I think I'm offset from most of the Reds anyways.