Dragon Slaying

Anzil Wyatt

Journeyman
Can someone tell me a good toon set up for killing dragons. I am trying to macer and realized that he is way to slow. Just looking to slay some dragons fast. Let me know thanks!

Also what hell is mace good for?

Use a club, or Q-staff.

Q-staff is faster than a katana.

This is false, Q-Staff has a speed of 48 and Katana has a speed of 58. Katana is the fastest weapon in the game (on this server).

If you want to slay dragons and don't care about style points, then go katana. It is better than any other weapon hands down. I made a list of all weapons in game with a damage rating in another thread a while ago. A general overview of the findings was that for PvM, maces are the worst weapon type and swords is the best. Katana is the strongest sword, War Hammer is the strongest mace, Kryss is the strongest fencing, Double Axe is the strongest axe, Crossbow is the strongest bow (this is all stil PvM). Katana is almost twice as strong as the strongest mace though. The damage and speed just cannot be matched, they really really made the katana a super weapon on this server.

tankian

Grandmaster
any sword but katana is best or even a kryss is good, but if you can buy a reptilian or dragon slaying wep it will hit a lot harder making the jpb easier

clutchxo

Grandmaster
Can someone tell me a good toon set up for killing dragons. I am trying to macer and realized that he is way to slow. Just looking to slay some dragons fast. Let me know thanks!

PVP ALL DAY. I hit around 45-60 dmg with just an exceptional war hammer.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
This is false, Q-Staff has a speed of 48 and Katana has a speed of 58. Katana is the fastest weapon in the game (on this server).

If you want to slay dragons and don't care about style points, then go katana. It is better than any other weapon hands down. I made a list of all weapons in game with a damage rating in another thread a while ago. A general overview of the findings was that for PvM, maces are the worst weapon type and swords is the best. Katana is the strongest sword, War Hammer is the strongest mace, Kryss is the strongest fencing, Double Axe is the strongest axe, Crossbow is the strongest bow (this is all stil PvM). Katana is almost twice as strong as the strongest mace though. The damage and speed just cannot be matched, they really really made the katana a super weapon on this server.

Almost as fast as katana* ;D

Still think the staves should get crushing hits.

Yoko Kurama

Master

Get a reptile slayer or dragon slayer weapon. Qstaff, whammer, or war mace. Also get a mount, bandages, greater cure and heal and refresh pots...I suggest the war hammer, you just ride up and hit it and run out of range to make sure you don't die. As soon as you get a few hits in the dragon will lose lots of life and when the fire breathe is weak you won't have any issue killing. Or, just switch to archery...an archer can kite a dragon with basically 0 risk. Macing is great for pvp, especially. It has a built in stamina drain that is almost the same as poison in that if you aren't carrying refresh pots, a macer will kill you. Macing has slightly less damage than the other styles. Check this handy chart from the wiki, http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapons
Clearly the top weapons for melee are fencing kryss/spear/sspear/fork with katana being best. So katana 1, and 2-5 are fencing. War hammer is great though, with swords the 2h are bad unless you are a LJ. And bows, longbows are amazing. H xbow hit so hard, they can be useful as well but the range is so damn short. With upcoming changes to LJ down the road, you can expect axes to get better and better. Don't be afraid to go with that gm or 120 LJ.

Psioncy

Expert
beserker fencer/archer with dragon slaying armor and dragon slayer spear and bow.

At level 10 beserker you will be dropping dragons in seconds. Thwap thwap, whack whack.... dead.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
I run a naked Level 5 zerker with level 7 tread and a dragon slaying (or reptilian) exceptional katana. I walk (heh) all over dragons.

Oh and Arms Lore is a must.