Dp Fencer Build

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
I play a lot of solo because of the weird times i play and length of tines im able to play. would a dp fencer be ok playing by myself mostly?

im thinking...

fencing
tactics
anatomy
healing
hiding
poison
and resist
or magery
or stealth

looking for input on what style people actually play

Messremb

Grandmaster
Resist is a must. and if you want to stand a chance against a competent pvper you must have Magery. Hiding is a noob skill on a pvper, it doesn't help you get kills and will make most pvpers laugh at you. however, if you just wanna bash bards and noobs then hide if a pvper shows up it works for that.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
the only reason i put hiding is because it will mostly be soloing. hide if i get into trouble...

its not meant to be a drag out war with anyone. i have an alchy macer (that i need to learn to play lol) that would should be able to handle something like that. maybe resist instead of magery?

Joey Golden

Expert
Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Magery
Poison
Resist

That is what I would do, if you are wanting to run a nox fencer, As he said above, Hiding is nearly useless, And not having magery really sucks, You can cast reflect with magery,heal,cure,recall etc.. without magery you are very limited.. Also definitely need resist or you will die easily.

Others I am sure can chime in, but thats my suggestion.

Snickle

Grandmaster
Any PvP (and really pvm) dexxer should be 5x skill.
Weaponry
Tactics
Resists
Anatomy
Healing

Any PVP mage should have 5x skills
Magery
Eval
Resists
Meditation
Wrestling (or anatomy for defensive wrestling if you're a heal mage)

The last 200 points would be what ever you want
That being said, my pvmer/champer is a uoforever lol
Archery
Tactics
Provo
Music
Mage
Med
Resists
90/65/70 but really he's 110/85/70 with pots.

At champs level 1-2 he pops an EV scroll and maybe a fire field then equips slayer bow for even more dps.
In dungeons and at champs level 3-4 he Provo's and does bow dps.
He can Cross Heal from a distace, cure on queue, gate, mark, MR, summon, teleport, retrap pouches, summon walls... all so much more then a provo/archer that chose 25 more dex and anat/heal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should just learn to play your alchy macer instead of going through the trouble of raising poison.

It is a perfectly fine template for solo.

For mage templates, heal mage if you tend to play defensively, but nothing beats a well played alchy mage solo.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
regardless im raising poisoning...i will use him to throw dp weaps on my vendor and for kegs. also i have 15 skill scrolls to use :p

jamison1987

Master
Another option.. U can have 20ish magery and use magic reflect scrolls. :)
Maybe drop 10 from two other skills to make up for it or something of that nature.

"Naked & Fearless. ...and my fear is naked!" - MJK

Easy Cheese

Grandmaster
I have a similar problem.. I built an alchy nox fencer, but feel like I should really have magery. I'd prefer not to drop any poisoning due to how much of a pain it was to GM. Temp is below.

GM:
Alch
Anat
Fence
Healing
Poison
Resist
Tac

Should I drop some alch? I read your pots still do more damage regardless of being GM or not. Again, not super up on how the skills work with PVP here...

aIck

Grandmaster
I have a similar problem.. I built an alchy nox fencer, but feel like I should really have magery. I'd prefer not to drop any poisoning due to how much of a pain it was to GM. Temp is below.

GM:
Alch
Anat
Fence
Healing
Poison
Resist
Tac

Should I drop some alch? I read your pots still do more damage regardless of being GM or not. Again, not super up on how the skills work with PVP here...
You can shave 20 off Alchemy and still have enough for those 20 damage explo pots. Sure, you won't be seeing them as often as with GM Alchemy, but I reckon it's a pretty neat trade-off for being able to cast Magic Reflect.

I actually tested the difference between 80 and GM Alchemy at one point. I threw 100 pots on both characters, and the damage stayed within 16-20 range on both instances. After calculating the average damage per pot GM Alchemy had a measly 0.1 or so more damage per pot.

jamison1987

Master
Edit* NM won't be able to make DP pots. Guess I'd have to buy some kegs or make another GM Alch.
Yeah I thought about this as well but what it comes down to is.. Do u want an effective pvp toon or a better all around toon? I chose to go with 80 alchy and I'm just gonna train alchy on my second crafter or maybe put on my stun mage..
There's always the option of training peacemaking to 120 and raising stat cap.. :)
(..boy, if I wasn't so damn poor :[ )

Derwolf

Grandmaster
Yeah I thought about this as well but what it comes down to is.. Do u want an effective pvp toon or a better all around toon? I chose to go with 80 alchy and I'm just gonna train alchy on my second crafter or maybe put on my stun mage..
There's always the option of training peacemaking to 120 and raising stat cap.. :)
(..boy, if I wasn't so damn poor :[ )

i raised my cap to 720 w/ 110 tailor & 110 peacemake. Spent 40k on all the powerscrolls and 32k on SS.

this toon takes forever to make

jamison1987

Master
Man I don't think 2 110s take u to 120 cap. I think it has to be 120 in one skill.

jamison1987

Master
Yes I'm trying the same thing but I'm not quite sure if I'm gonna be able to take it further than 110... Any idea How much peace 115s and 120s going for approx these days?