Doubts regarding Talisman of Phylactery of Resiliance

Big D

Expert
Hey guys, whats up ?

Some noob questions regarding relics and talisman, I am really lost about it ...

Is there a point of having a Phylactery of Resiliance talisman if I dont have the relics?

Can I use any of the four skills associated to it if I dont have relics?
In case I can't, is there any benefit of having the talisman without relics?

By what I have been reading, relics are REALLY hard to get, right? So taking that in consideration, is it worth having the talisman without relics?

thanks guys and sorry for the noobs questions =)

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
5% protection per level from the talisman itself. Cannot use the relic abilities without having them. Plenty of ways to get the relics:

1. Arch Daemon
2. Motm
3. Dungeon Altars

Big D

Expert
5% protection per level from the talisman itself. Cannot use the relic abilities without having them. Plenty of ways to get the relics:

1. Arch Daemon
2. Motm
3. Dungeon Altars

By protection you mean damage reduction, right? Both physical as magic, correct?

And could you please explain what do you mean by dungeon altars ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

drasked

Grandmaster
By protection you mean damage reduction, right? Both physical as magic, correct?

And could you please explain what do you mean by dungeon altars ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

There are a few dungeon altars (destard, covetous and another one i cant recall atm)
Mobs on the same dungeon level as the altar have a chance of dropping fragments that you can put in to the altar.
The altar can hold 50(?) fragments and once it's filled a dungeon boss will spawn.

Based on your fragment contribution (kind of like how champ score works) there is a chance that you will get a relic in your bank (don't even have to be logged in when the boss is killed)

Big D

Expert
Thanks a lot @drasked , that helped a lot !
Since I got around 30 vanqs weapon doing PVP, I will try making one meta dexxer =)

Do you have a list of most common and more productive to kill (Time vs loot) evil mobs ? I gotta kill 100, right?

Belge

Grandmaster
id choose beserker talisman over the defence one... its 1000 times better imo, if you haven't started...

Big D

Expert
@Belge by what Ive been reading being defensive is much better than just having dmg ... In order to tank high lvl mobs / high end mobs being able to hold damage and to tank is more efficient than doing damage, isnt it?

Your opinion will be appreciated, I said the above by what I've been reading in the forum! I want to aim to elder dragons, balrons

Big D

Expert
And also to lvl the Talisman I can focus on better mobs with better loots ... Killing these mobs without armor won't be easy ! @Belge

Belge

Grandmaster
Its true there are some mobs you cannot take solo with the beserker talisman, but id assume those mobs are geared towards tamers anyway... the beserker really shines in the MOTM, Events, Champs and just going fast and beast mode at most things... its honestly the most fun char I've played, and haven't touched my tamers since I made a beserker.. honestly to make real money the best combo as a solo player is to have a beserker dexer and beast mode thru all the MOTM's... I usually get 1, 2 or more relics each month from MOTM.. plus countless rare cloth drops/taming ss etc from doing that.. in terms of levelling the various talismans, I'm sure people have much better recommendations, but I found for the first few levels the Orc caves or deep earth else to be good starting places.

again, depending of peoples play styles I'm sure the defence talisman is good.. but I can vouch that the beserker is tons of fun and makes a killing of gold :)

Big D

Expert
@Belge to be honest with you, I also prefer much more a Berserker, parrying sounds so boring ... But now that you assure me that its a really good char that you can have a lot of fun with and make lot of gold, I think I'll go with the berserker =)

What template do you use?

Weap
tactics
anatomy
healing
resists
arms lore
What should be the 7th?

I won't put the 7th as magery cuz I dont think its something required, magery without medit, eval, its kinda useless ... To recall I can use scrolls in the rune book.

Should I go with hiding to have more survavility? Or put LJ and use axes ?

Belge

Grandmaster
I use

Swords (Katanas)
Tactics
Anat
Heal
Resist
Arms lore
Hiding

Hiding is key to my temp, although recently lots of people have dropped that for lumberjack; as its gotten a recent boost.

you can recall around just by adding recalls scrolls inside rune books with 0 magery

Volco

Master
The only relic I have on my def talisman is leech, and so far I've been able to solo the majority of most champ spawns, and lvl 6 tmaps

Swords (Katanas)
Tactics
Anat
Heal
Resist
Arms lore
Hiding

Big D

Expert
Yea im going to go with hiding then, I think its more useful too and agregates more to the template than having more dmg!

Thanks a lot for your time and advices @Belge ! By the way, where did you farm deep earth eles =)

Big D

Expert
So you're too using Katana and hiding @Volco ! Ill definitely set hiding as 7th skill =) ! Whats the actual lvl of your talisman in order for you to solo all these mobs? Can you also solo the CHAMP himself?

Belge

Grandmaster
Yea im going to go with hiding then, I think its more useful too and agregates more to the template than having more dmg!

Thanks a lot for your time and advices @Belge ! By the way, where did you farm deep earth eles =)
you can find a bunch of deep earth else in shame.. i think its level 3.

Volco

Master
So you're too using Katana and hiding @Volco ! Ill definitely set hiding as 7th skill =) ! Whats the actual lvl of your talisman in order for you to solo all these mobs? Can you also solo the CHAMP himself?

Talisman level is 9
leech relic i think is 6?

not sure on the champ, maybe? By the time the champ spawns, people usually have already flooded in :p

Vorax

Grandmaster
Talisman level is 9
leech relic i think is 6?

not sure on the champ, maybe? By the time the champ spawns, people usually have already flooded in :p
Dexxers equipped with slayer armor and a resilience talisman can by all means tank a champ itself, I do it all the time, only one thats kinda sketchy is Corpse Devourer. If you do decide to make a zerker, or a resilience, make sure you get a swampy, the 20% damage reduction from valo armor is priceless.