Does my build suck?

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
All forms of combat have the same rules. Archery is somewhat hurt by mounted combat because you must pause your movement to fire an arrow, and on horse-back that second pause is a lot more ground than on foot.

Josh D

Grandmaster
Also I'm thinking of a PvP tamer build... This is like the hardest thing for me to figure out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again Magery isn't something I'd go for so keep that in mind. But first a question, how does inscription work? Can I cast spells with the scrolls? If so, reliably and to what effectiveness? Are they hard to make?

My build idea so far... although in a constant state of fluctuation lol.

- Animal Taming
- Animal Lore
- Veterinary
- Healing
- Anatomy
- Resist Spells
- Alchemy

I'm thinking alchemy now since its "better" than archery.. I'm thinking hit and run tactics throwing explosive pots and staying out of range from A) Magery and B) any melee. Also thinking about using 3-5 pets which I'm sure isn't the thing to do but my idea is have the pets hinder their movement and/or distract my opponent. Though I'm not opposed to the standard pets.

This is a crazy template, veterinary offers no benefit to PvP, only PvM, but since you are against magery....there is no other way to heal your pets or more importanty yourself (no healing or magery). And injured pets run SUPER slow. I think you need magery for a tamer, there really isn't a viable way around it...but if you want to try....

Drop anatomy and alchemy for archery and tactics. You wouldn't want a melee skill since you cant bandaid yourself. This build would be 100% reliant upon potions, and G heals have like a 10 second cool down and only heal around 12-16 hp. I highly recommend not going forward with this build....but I like the idea of using 3-5 tames animals like imps or something like them. That's a lot of little casters, it would be pretty funny.

My PvP tamer build is

animal taming
animal lore
magery
resist
eval
meditation
wrestle

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I was just about to propose:

Fencing
Resist
Healing
Vetenary
Animal Lore
Animal Taming
Magery

Freeze them in place and let the little critters SWARM!

GO MY ZERGLINGS, BE FREE!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Josh D

Grandmaster
I have healing in my template...

Sorry man, didn't see it hidden in there!

So you could add any fighting skill if you remove alchemy from that build. You wouldn't have any tactics, but you could maybe so a combination of skills being less than 100 to make it work. 100 (melee or archery), 100 resist, 90 taming, 90 lore, 80 anatomy, 90 vet, 90 healing would let you have an extra 60 points to put into tactics. If you messed with the skill cap and got a 120 tailor first, you could rebuild the template with 80 tactics.....now that's not too bad to run around with 2 nightmare and a swampdragon :)

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Sorry man, didn't see it hidden in there!

So you could add any fighting skill if you remove alchemy from that build. You wouldn't have any tactics, but you could maybe so a combination of skills being less than 100 to make it work. 100 (melee or archery), 100 resist, 90 taming, 90 lore, 80 anatomy, 90 vet, 90 healing would let you have an extra 60 points to put into tactics. If you messed with the skill cap and got a 120 tailor first, you could rebuild the template with 80 tactics.....now that's not too bad to run around with 2 nightmare and a swampdragon :)

Is that a bug? Those 20 points? It sounds like a bug.

Josh D

Grandmaster
No, its not a bug.

You would just start the character off as a tailor or a peacemaker (cheapest 105,110,115,120 power scrolls). And macro it up to 120, that increases the skill cap from 700 to 720. I know a lot of people who have done it, so I don't think there is anything wrong with it. You just increase the skill cap, and then rebuild the character. Remember: you cant do 4 categories of 105 skill, you need to have 1 go up to 120 to gain the full 20 points.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Still sounds like a bug; like if I was meant to have the points I would... ya know, just have them. But I'll play ball; I can think of a lot of wacky things to do with those points! :D

drasked

Grandmaster
No, its not a bug.

You would just start the character off as a tailor or a peacemaker (cheapest 105,110,115,120 power scrolls). And macro it up to 120, that increases the skill cap from 700 to 720. I know a lot of people who have done it, so I don't think there is anything wrong with it. You just increase the skill cap, and then rebuild the character. Remember: you cant do 4 categories of 105 skill, you need to have 1 go up to 120 to gain the full 20 points.

You only need to skill till 115, you can then apply the 120 scroll and start your actual build.

Third3ye

Neophyte
Why recommend archery when everyone says alchemy does more damage?

Also doesn't anatomy add damage to weapons? Tactics does the same thing right? So I'd just drop alchemy but not for archery, then you say a melee build? But then I worry about mages so I think alchemy is my best bet :/

Ludwig

Grandmaster
OP, why do you hate Magery? Trying to make dexers and tamers without Magery is making me weep.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Anatomy adds damage yes, but only 20% (i think, better check) at GM, while tactics adds a flat number at GM which would add more damage over-all.

If you really want to check out the differences without going through the level up hassle, make two templates ( via ' [templates ' in-game) and try them out =D
You can't do the subtle things like shaving 10 points here and there and adding them elsewhere (Game Masters' I'd like to submit that as an idea), but you can test 7x GM builds that way. :)

I'd like to ask a question here, can you switch templates mid-event? I've never tried it before.