Do Tinker Traps Work Here?

Army11b

Expert
I was curious if they worked as far as trapping a box, casting unlock, etc to protect from thieves and gankers. Thanks

A

eppy

Grandmaster
They work, but as most of this shard are veterans, you wont kill people with them much. You can kill newbies and thieves, but anyone else will just telekenisis any unknown box or crate. You can have fun doing it, by placing boxes on mob corpses just when they die and the looter will think they got something special, but that requires some very good timing.

Army11b

Expert
They work, but as most of this shard are veterans, you wont kill people with them much. You can kill newbies and thieves, but anyone else will just telekenisis any unknown box or crate. You can have fun doing it, by placing boxes on mob corpses just when they die and the looter will think they got something special, but that requires some very good timing.

Okay thanks. I just wanted to make sure they weren't nerfed like they were from the other shard I come from.
A

eppy

Grandmaster
If you want some, ill make some for you. I have a gm tinker, they are instakill if you can get someone to open them. PM me and we'll work it out. I can put them on a vendor if there is demand.

God.RG

Grandmaster
If you want some, ill make some for you. I have a gm tinker, they are instakill if you can get someone to open them. PM me and we'll work it out. I can put them on a vendor if there is demand.
I definitely want some.

eppy

Grandmaster
i remember on some other shard the maker got a kill count. is that true here?

I dont think you do, but I guess we'll find out. I put 7 of them on my vendor. Here is a thread with directions. It is the leather suit vendor, red beard and wearing black leather armor. The boxes are in a red bag at the bottom right corner.

http://uoforum.com/threads/tamers-union-rune-library-guard-zone.23207/

TURN OFF AUTOSEARCH CONTAINERS IN RAZOR!!!!!!!!! (I killed myself twice making the damn things before I realized what I had done)

Tynder

Master
You flag criminal or can get a count if you trap the box in your pack. If you set the box on the ground then trap it, you are safe.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

halygon

Grandmaster
I was curious if they worked as far as trapping a box, casting unlock, etc to protect from thieves and gankers. Thanks

A
This is actually broke on this shard. Once tinker trapped, the container will ALWAYS go off on anyone opening it...even "disarmed" This includes you when you have it in your backpack and want to open it to put stuff in it to protect said stuff. On other shards, if the box is trapped and then "disarmed", it will only explode if someone snoops that container. Not here.

eppy

Grandmaster
You flag criminal or can get a count if you trap the box in your pack. If you set the box on the ground then trap it, you are safe.

I read this somewhere else and I dont know if that is the case on this server. I threw one on the ground and told a guy not to open it, he did anyway and I never got flagged. Not sure if he had the option to give a count though.

MirImage

Apprentice
Someone opened a box off ground from me and off of a corpse I didn't get flagged for either yesterday. Both boxes were made in my pack.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

halygon

Grandmaster
I rather like this bug. You shouldnt be able to open it once its trapped.
The bug is that it explodes on yourself when the trap is DISABLED.

The only time the box should go off when disabled is when it is snooped open in your backpack.

eppy

Grandmaster
So I noticed that someone bought all my traps. How did they work out? What about the pricing? Is this an item anyone would be interested in purchasing on an ongoing basis?

Tynder

Master
I read this somewhere else and I dont know if that is the case on this server. I threw one on the ground and told a guy not to open it, he did anyway and I never got flagged. Not sure if he had the option to give a count though.
If that is the case, it must be different than what remember from OSI shards. I had a tinker who had a few counts before I realized what was happening back in the day.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2