Dirty looting blues - How do people loot so fast?

Tarraz

Expert
I'll be finishing off a monster I've been provoking and out of no where some blue will loot all the gold or good items from it as soon as it dies.

Are they simply dragging really fast?

I have it set so when a monster dies near me it auto shows the corpse loot window but even so I'm rarely fast enough to drag the gold out in time.

Greed

Master
Are you using UOSteam? UOSteam literally auto loots a corpse for you so that's probably what you are talking about.

Aleenik

Neophyte
Are you using UOSteam? UOSteam literally auto loots a corpse for you so that's probably what you are talking about.
No, he personally uses Razor most likely. Reread his post. He doesn't auto-loot everything from a corpse, others do. Also, UOSteam is banned here, is it not?

Tarraz

Expert
Correct Aleenik, I use Razor. I guess there isn't a Razor function to loot your own monsters corpse?. Plus auto looting nearby corpses would turn you grey in some circumstances.

Come at me on a red while I'm on my bard - no problem I don't care, I can run/hide/recall/provo spawn onto them/die etc but simply running up on a blue and looting is pretty lame.

Bapes

Adept
Correct Aleenik, I use Razor. I guess there isn't a Razor function to loot your own monsters corpse?. Plus auto looting nearby corpses would turn you grey in some circumstances.

Come at me on a red while I'm on my bard - no problem I don't care, I can run/hide/recall/provo spawn onto them/die etc but simply running up on a blue and looting is pretty lame.

They should turn grey and allow you to attack them freely.

Kraden

Grandmaster
If you loot someones corpse you do go grey just fyi. If they dont go grey they either did enough damage to it or waited ten seconds after it died to be able to loot without going grey

Tarraz

Expert
What are the stastistics neded to loot without going grey?

Say I am provoking two monsters and somebody else comes along and also starts to provo them. Who will go grey when looting? or neither of us will?

Greed

Master
No, he personally uses Razor most likely. Reread his post. He doesn't auto-loot everything from a corpse, others do. Also, UOSteam is banned here, is it not?

I understood the post and that he uses Razor. I said that UOSteam auto loots corpses and I thought that it was obviously implied he uses Razor. I'm not sure how you could not understand that from my post. As for your question, no, UOSteam is not banned here. It is in fact the assistance program of choice here. If you kept up on what the shard's staff has said recently the contemporary plan is to make UOSteam part of the packaged executable files to start playing on the shard from the very first time you start playing on UOForever. That being said, there are other ways you can loot faster with Razor. For example, if you hold the shift key and then left click to drag a stackable item it will forego the showing of the number of items gump and simply allow you to drag the item as if it were not a stackable item. Alternatively, and I have not gotten this to work on any shard however there are several tutorials about it online so there must be some way to get it to work, anyway...if you bind a key to drop what you are currently holding in Razor with a shift component to it, so for example shift + x for drop what you are currently holding then allegedly it will drop the item you are dragging immediately to your backpack. Tells me to reread his post as if I don't know what I'm talking about...this mother fucker...

Last edited by a moderator:

Aleenik

Neophyte
I understood the post and that he uses Razor. I said that UOSteam auto loots corpses and I thought that it was obviously implied he uses Razor. I'm not sure how you could not understand that from my post. As for your question, no, UOSteam is not banned here. It is in fact the assistance program of choice here. If you kept up on what the shard's staff has said recently the contemporary plan is to make UOSteam part of the packaged executable files to start playing on the shard from the very first time you start playing on UOForever.
Can you please link to that info about UOSteam? The latest info I found on UOSteam and UOF was about UOSteam no longer being supported. http://uoforum.com/threads/ultimate-razor-tutorial-video-steam-disabled.23482/

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Uosteam is not banned here, but some features are DISABLED. The auto loot feature being one of them.
There is a hotkey you can set in uosteam that will basically drop anything you are holding to your pack, so I can loot extremely fast with it. I set to auto open new corpses then I grab the gold and hit my drop what im holding button its so fast it will make the victims head spin ^.

The Grixxitt

Apprentice
I have looting code for both AHK and LUA if anyone wants them (works outside of UO so it's Razor-proof)

It doesn't autoloot for you, but it does grab whatever your cursor is on and moves it to a pre-set location in the blink of an eye.

GoBackToGo

Neophyte
I have looting code for both AHK and LUA if anyone wants them (works outside of UO so it's Razor-proof)

It doesn't autoloot for you, but it does grab whatever your cursor is on and moves it to a pre-set location in the blink of an eye.
'drop the item u currently are holding' or whatever its called can be set in UOSteam and pretty sure razor too, and does the same.

Bapes

Adept

Just so you know, that's against the rules on this server. I'm sure you're intentions are good, but you might want to be careful with that.

I would love autolooting in razor personally. But I know the main reason it's not allowed is the potential for unattended resource gathering.

Edit: the use of programs other than razor and steam is not allowed is what I meant. The loot what's on your cursor thing you can do in razor as shown in Carl's video.

Jager

Grandmaster
man, what heppened to clicking and draging, this game is turning into whos the better exploiter of 3rd party programs and scams. whoever has the best/quickest macros.. i miss UO.. but, as an adict of this godamn game i still cant say no.

The Grixxitt

Apprentice
Just so you know, that's against the rules on this server. I'm sure you're intentions are good, but you might want to be careful with that.

I would love autolooting in razor personally. But I know the main reason it's not allowed is the potential for unattended resource gathering.

Edit: the use of programs other than razor and steam is not allowed is what I meant. The loot what's on your cursor thing you can do in razor as shown in Carl's video.

I did have a guildy chat with a GM some time ago about it, end result was that as long as it doesn't interact with the client, i.e. - no pixel detection, smart if/then statements, shit like that, it's ok.

Again, this isn't an autolooter, it just moves your mouse from point A to point B.

If you use a smart mouse or logitech keyboard/gamepad you have the same or more capability built in to your peripherals.

man, what heppened to clicking and draging, this game is turning into whos the better exploiter of 3rd party programs and scams. whoever has the best/quickest macros.. i miss UO.. but, as an adict of this godamn game i still cant say no.

Old man hands is what happened.

Bapes

Adept
I did have a guildy chat with a GM some time ago about it, end result was that as long as it doesn't interact with the client, i.e. - no pixel detection, smart if/then statements, shit like that, it's ok.

Again, this isn't an autolooter, it just moves your mouse from point A to point B.

If you use a smart mouse or logitech keyboard/gamepad you have the same or more capability built in to your peripherals.

Oh, that's good to hear that a GM okayed it. I was under the impression that they were really strict about it.

zoneseek

Novice
I just started playing often again. So UO steam is allowed now? Last I read (months ago i guess) it was banned

The Grixxitt

Apprentice
As promised here's my ahk code
-------------------------------------------------

; Heres how this will work, you hover your mouse over the item you want to move to the inventory(Point B) and hit the Home button on your keyboards, it will then drag the item to the inventory and return the mouse to where you hit Home at(Point A)

Msgbox, Please hover your mouse over where you want the items to be dragged to and hit F12...

!F12:: ;Hotkey to set Inventory position
MouseGetPos, InvX,InvY
Msgbox, Inventory Position Set
return

F12::
Mousegetpos,ItemX,ItemY
Send, {Shift Down}
sleep 50
MouseClickDrag, Left, %itemX%, %ItemY%, %InvX%, %Invy%
sleep 50
Send, {Enter}
Sleep 50
MouseMove, %ItemX%, %ItemY%
Sleep 50
Send, {Shift Up}
return

Insert::Click
return

End::
Loop
{
Send, {Insert}
sleep 1200000
Send, {Numpad3}
sleep 10000
Send, R
sleep 10000
Send, {Numpad4}
Pause:: Pause ; Assign the toggle-pause function to the "pause" key...
F11:: Pause ; ... or assign it to Win+p or some other hotkey.
}
return

--------------------------------------------------------
I won't get into the ins and outs of using Autohotkey or macro programs in general (if you're familiar with the code in UO Steam it works similarly), but you will need a copy of AUTOHOTKEY for this to work. Download Autohotkey, open up a new text document, copy/paste and save it as whateveryouwant.AHK (the .ahk is the important part, otherwise it will save as a text file), close, load the script and follow the onscreen instructions.

FYI this isn't my code, my coding skills are mediocre at best, but necessity while playing good games with shitty UI/control schemes has gotten me fairly familiar with the basics.

Again, all this does is move your mouse from 1 point to another. No autolooting, auto-fighting, it won't make you a PvP god or help you in the bedroom, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: