Did some testing with war hammers today.

Ramen Noodles

Apprentice
All tests were done with my dexer who is 90/80/55 str/dex/int against my tank mage who is 90/45/90 who was also completely naked and holding a gm katana cause he uses swords. My dex macer was simply using a gm made exceptional war hammer. Both characters 7x gm.

Here are my numbers. m=miss c=concussion blow
m
58 c
m
m
m
m
28 c
m
36 c
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
45 c
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
m
36 c

As you can see its safe to say something has changed. Not landing nearly as much concussions as i was since the other day. If you want to replicate these results be my guest.
Also looks like the damage might have been adjusted but thats just me.

Gore

Adept
you did 58 with a exp warhammer.. the weapon is broken man. if that was vanq you'd be doing 65+, which is insane.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
Gore said:
you did 58 with a exp warhammer.. the weapon is broken man. if that was vanq you'd be doing 65+, which is insane.

this is true, a vanq will 2 hit people, power will guarantee 3 hit, I only use supremely accurates so idk I cant really go off of your gm war hammer :\

Livid

Expert
I can't believe he only had 1 crush blow above 50. Sure it is a gm warhammer, but assuming this is like OSi that's equivalent to might/force area. Don't forget he said he had no armor on. Let's be honest, people aren't fighting with 0 armor against war hammers often. With armor that crush blow probably would have been halved.

Also, he had 6 misses in a row there, that's ridiculous and should never happen.

Malcate

Master
Hammers are nice but really only with crushing blow. My dexer hits for 8-12 damage against armored dexer often. It limits a lot and one handed maces are terrible. I still prefer a LJ due to huge damage and the conc blow is great for putting mages on the defensive. Plus you have DP kats to back you up. If Stam loss for maces wasnt so crap I would back a change, but as a macer WH limits you. If anything lower crushing blow by 10% but up the average hit.. Or fix one handers.

Cully

Journeyman
Mr.Important said:
Why shouldnt it? GM mage can cast 8th level spells and fizzle everytime 8+ times in a row.

Are you relying on a lot of Summon Earth Elementals in your everyday PvP battles?

iSlayr

Novice
Livid said:
I can't believe he only had 1 crush blow above 50. Sure it is a gm warhammer, but assuming this is like OSi that's equivalent to might/force area. Don't forget he said he had no armor on. Let's be honest, people aren't fighting with 0 armor against war hammers often. With armor that crush blow probably would have been halved.

Also, he had 6 misses in a row there, that's ridiculous and should never happen.

also. you have to realize. even if a player has on 60+ AR. he/she's throat piece is still only like 4AR. so it really depends where a blow lands. a majority of the time it will be the tunic. then leggings. and on down the line.

glyph1c

Neophyte
iSlayr said:
also. you have to realize. even if a player has on 60+ AR. he/she's throat piece is still only like 4AR. so it really depends where a blow lands. a majority of the time it will be the tunic. then leggings. and on down the line.

so location hits are active here?

So much lack of information here, not just for this, but for most things.. 'let the players work it out' or w/e it says on the main site. bah.

Ryzz Brah

Novice
I imagine it's hard for 3-4 guys to create a wiki while running a server, trying to balance bugs, and introduce new content, all of which limits their time.

They tried to get a UOF Wiki going that players could contribute to, but no one seemed to contribute much information.

glyph1c

Neophyte
absolutely ryzz, I am not knocking it at all, it's a lack of community in testing and nailing down what is going on - rightly so in a way.. I posted before about needing to be gm scribe to get ANY further circles reflected i.e not having 67 to knock back 2 6th circle spells. if the shard owners aren't forthcoming with skills and combat, why should the players who do test it? keep it to themselves. idk.

iSlayr

Novice
glyph1c said:
iSlayr said:

so location hits are active here?

So much lack of information here, not just for this, but for most things.. 'let the players work it out' or w/e it says on the main site. bah.

well, im kinda assuming.

Pandone

Grandmaster
it's a beast..today someone killed my mage with 3x45dmg in 3 successful hits BUT

1)droprate sucks and a magic wh costs a lot
2)other maces....

Gore said:

Serious dude? Out of what.. 60 hits, ONE does 58 damage and it needs to be fixed? It's not like a war hammer can be poisoned. Second, a vanq war hammer is hard as shit to come by, every single macer is not gonna be carrying one.

A mage can land 60+ explo/ebs more frequently against someone with 100.0 resist, so it's not like can't do comparable damage. You can stun, easily throw pots or chug effortlessly. These are utilities given to mages which make them the best. That being said, I don't know what the hell your crying about. Awfully trammyish QQ attitude you got there. I fuckin love it.