Death Beetle Stats

Strife

Master
So Carl posted that the Death Beetle pet got a buff. I was wondering if someone who owns one could post a screen shot of the stats pages.

Thanks.

Riversilk

Master
I've seen one tamed today and got some screenshot out of it.
it had:
Hits 900
Str 515
Dex/Stam 176
Int/Mana 528

skills:
wrestling 92
tactics 88
resspells 102
anatomy 32
poisoning 135
magery 108
ev.int 102
medit 100

i think they over-exaggerated with the skills on this one, especially magery and other >100 skills, apart poison.

On OSI rune beetles have amazing poison skill, but other skills are <100 like other pets, giving it all those skills more than a dragon seems out of place IMHO.

Strife

Master
Supposedly Famara said it can tank Para Balrons like a dragon.

Basically, anything that can be poisoned will most likely be vaporized lol because it will just be curing non stop.

Strife

Master
They cant be. I was just saying in general. The beetle will kill mobs a lot easier when they can be poisoned.

I haven't tested the pet out yet just what I have read.

Riversilk

Master
it wasn't mine... i just met a tamer who was training it, so i went along and watched.
With those stats, he needed little time to dispose of a dragon. Now i know balron/AW is a different story, but i think it's plausible it could kill them too without too many problems.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Typically, ever since they were intro'd like 7 yrs ago, they're glass cannons.
Generally speaking, they tank about as well as an great hart.
Hence why they upped their HP. (since they don't have bleed abilities)

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Well, making them the highest hps pet of the show seems a bit overdone...

They need more hp, it takes 120 taming and 120 lore to use it, the pet needs to be worth the 8 mil in powerscrolls.....
also most i have been seeing usually have somewhere in the 700 hp.
so 900 is the higher end , maybe max, we cant know for sure yet.

Harken110

Expert
They need more hp, it takes 120 taming and 120 lore to use it, the pet needs to be worth the 8 mil in powerscrolls.....
also most i have been seeing usually have somewhere in the 700 hp.
so 900 is the higher end , maybe max, we cant know for sure yet.

I don't think the pets are worth anything considering you need 120 taming to tame it and 120 lore to control it. That pretty much kills the market for it as many people don't have 120 taming/lore and if they did then they could potentially just tame one themselves. In fact the 120 taming scroll is vastly overpriced if you ask me since you won't be making money off the new tames.

Also the beetle is incapable of poisoning undead mobs and I assume some paragons? :(.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
I don't think the pets are worth anything considering you need 120 taming to tame it and 120 lore to control it. That pretty much kills the market for it as many people don't have 120 taming/lore and if they did then they could potentially just tame one themselves. In fact the 120 taming scroll is vastly overpriced if you ask me since you won't be making money off the new tames.

Also the beetle is incapable of poisoning undead mobs and I assume some paragons? :(.

i just fought a balron, and it make the balron spasm unctrollably

Harken110

Expert

I guess it take it back on the undead mobs but still I don't see the worth in it if you need 120/120 to use it. There's literally no market for it or a very very very limited one.

Lopsang

Master
I have one, its stats for reference:

Hits 750
Str 485
Dex/Stam 183
Int/Mana 541

skills:
wrestling 100 (max)
tactics 100 (max)
resspells 100 (max)
anatomy 72.4
poisoning 107.2 (max)
magery 99.6
ev.int 100 (max)
medit 100 (max)

This pets semi-trained, I indicated 'max' on skills I know won't go up any futher. I'm assuming that the rest of the skills will max at 100 as well. When I tamed it its poisoning was already at max. It seems pretty powerful, the only thing it seems to struggle on thus far has been a paragon opidian avenger (poison immune mob). Did quite well against paragon daemons tho. Haven't tried it on any balrons yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strife

Master

Thanks for the update Famara. I'm glad it can poison certain non-poisonable mobs. With that in mind, did the balron seem to die quicker since it was curing most likely non stop?

Also, have your tried it on Ancient. Shadow Wyrms? Or shadow balrons?

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Thanks for the update Famara. I'm glad it can poison certain non-poisonable mobs. With that in mind, did the balron seem to die quicker since it was curing most likely non stop?

Also, have your tried it on Ancient. Shadow Wyrms? Or shadow balrons?

i actually just was checking if it poisoned the balron, which it did, i can try it on ancient wyrm and shadow balron today.
but yea if something gets poisoned it wastes its spell casting cure instead of flamestrike ect, this is a fact.
but balrons still hit liek trucks with melee

Strife

Master
i actually just was checking if it poisoned the balron, which it did, i can try it on ancient wyrm and shadow balron today.
but yea if something gets poisoned it wastes its spell casting cure instead of flamestrike ect, this is a fact.
but balrons still hit liek trucks with melee
Figured as much. Oh well, still want one of them to try out. Since they have extremly high Poisoning, are they able to LP or only DP?

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Figured as much. Oh well, still want one of them to try out. Since they have extremly high Poisoning, are they able to LP or only DP?

they lethal poison , most the time it says , begins to spasm unctrollably, on a rare case you can get PLAYER 235343 IS IN EXTREME NEED OR w/e the dread spider paragon poison, that shit is uncruable with cure pots i believe, and you will fail cure a bunch on it sometimes.