D-Wade's Grand Giveaway Bash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Due to the unfortunate circumstance of everything of value being taken away from my castle, I have decided to significantly reduce my playing time. The only logical way for me to do this is to just give away everything I have! This won't be just any giveaway though, I want it to be fun and interactive! This will most likely be done in the form of a scavenger hunt along with trivia questions, and hopefully with the help of some friends. The main prize to be given away will be my castle, but I'm not yet decided on how I wanna do that so suggestions would be nice. Here is a list of some of the stuff I plan to disperse into the community:

-5M gold or so
-Ethy wolf, unicorn, llama, blue beetle
-Blessed black orc mask, blessed blood red robe/halfy/dono sandals, blessed metallic red robe/wiz hat
-Bag of random tailor rewards including BOD cloth and CBD's
-Bunch of random donation deco items (trees, ladder, bone couch etc)
-Bag of 25 or so hedges
-Bags of regs, including a 5k stone bag on my main
-Tons of resources like wood, cloth, ingots
-My pets, including a 760/760 WW and high hp shadow dragon
-Tons of other random things that I'll find as I through my banks lol

This giveaway is scheduled for 11/20 at approximately 8pm eastern time

What I plan on doing is going through my characters one by one and emptying their banks. What I'll probably do is pick an item and either ask a trivia question and give it to the first person to correctly answer, or give a hint as to where I have an alt hiding and the first person to go there gets the item. One thing I decided that I won't be giving away is my Ocllo bank house, I love that place too damn much lol. I'll try to find some good vendors to keep stocked for the people that shop there, and also keep the library open for those that use it. If you think you'd be interested in a vendor, shoot me a PM :).

This shard has truly been a blast, so I wanted to try to give back a little something for everything that it has given me. Also, up to this point I've never donated, but I'll be shooting Shane a lil something today and give away those coins as well. To reiterate, I'm not quitting. I'm just using this as a good reason to not play as much, as my playing time had diminished recently anyway. I still plan on popping up in game and in irc every once in a while, as I've made a lot of good friends here and I'd like to keep in touch.

See you guys tomorrow night :cool:

Edit: theres two possible ways my stuff was taken. Either theres a house lockdown/release bug out there, or someone that was co-owned to my house took everything. Just a heads up, but house co-owners have the capability of releasing anything locked down in a house now, and not just things that were locked down by them

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I'll edit it into the main post, but apparently house co-owners can release everything in the house now and not just things that they themselves locked down. Either a house co-owner took everything, or there's some sort of lockdown release bug out there

parsnip

Grandmaster
Aww dude, so bummed to hear about the castle :( Why not hang onto the rest of your stuff? You may want to ramp up your playing time again.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I PMed Shane and Carl to look into it. I don't want anything back, just wanna try to solve the potential problem.

I will be hanging onto stuff, but mainly resources to mess around with whenever I get the urge. My bard and 2 pvpers will hold onto some stuff

K A Z

Grandmaster
sucks to hear that.. always valued you as a good guy. I would hate to see your Vendor gone because that's really one of the best on Shard.

Code Blue

Neophyte
Thats no good man, But dont quit!

You were always a really cool guy on the shard and it would suck to see you go away. There will always be dicks in the world that will fuck you over even if you think they are your friends! You might not have everything you once owned but at least you have lots of friends that wouldnt steal from you and will surely pick you back up if you fall.

I would go to your event just to participate tommorow but I start my new job at 7pm cst tommorow.

But good luck with event anyways!

steve-o

Grandmaster
Dwyane Wade said:
I'll edit it into the main post, but apparently house co-owners can release everything in the house now and not just things that they themselves locked down. Either a house co-owner took everything, or there's some sort of lockdown release bug out there

from what i remember it has always been like this... only thing you can't do as co is secure-unsecure containers
i'm pretty sure i always locked-unlocked things from co-owners and not house owner

why did you give co-owner to anyone :shock:

Lobber

Adept
The only co-owner of my house is ... me. My alt account. Everyone else is nobody or a friend (mostly guildies).

And even the Friend zoned chests have been upgraded to co-owner only because someone nicked a few regs and some gold from a couple chests a few weeks back.

Lobber

Adept
To be honest, I believe you're over reacting.

Don't do your give away tomorrow.
Wait a week. See how you feel about things then. Rash impulsive decisions based upon an emotional reaction to major loss this is, and isn't helping.

thechemicals

Apprentice
I locked down a fews things that went missing when i first started playing. I second guessed myself if i had really locked them down but reported it anyway in the bugs section. A couple weekends ago i locked down a bag full of dragon scales and mentally imprinted the act in my head and double checked to make sure it was locked down. Then next day, its gone. I worry that my chests full of vanq axes and hvy xbows will disapear all the time.

Jager

Grandmaster
to share your wealth before quiting is a pretty good thing, most ppl let it rot or idoc or just give away to friends.. something where ppl who "need" this stuff and able to partake would be kinda cool, so it doesnt just go to the already rich, like a scav hunt or a dungeon crawl and first person to find you gets something.. personaly i dont have the time to "quest" but if i was logged on i would deff try it out.. good to see your keeping your stuff active though.. sorry to hear about the shit that made you do this . good luck and have fun with it.

Tsavo

Master
I think whoever is responsible for looting your Castle should be permabanned and anyone who helped. Even if they were co-owners to the Castle, this should not make a difference. I am sick of tired of people saying its UO, live with it. Fuck that bullshit. This is unacceptable.

tonkLoD

Grandmaster
thechemicals said:
I locked down a fews things that went missing when i first started playing. I second guessed myself if i had really locked them down but reported it anyway in the bugs section. A couple weekends ago i locked down a bag full of dragon scales and mentally imprinted the act in my head and double checked to make sure it was locked down. Then next day, its gone. I worry that my chests full of vanq axes and hvy xbows will disapear all the time.

u ever do custom on ur house after u locked these items down? they might be in ur moving crate. other then that idk what could be taking ur items away.

and to d wade. sorry to hear this bro. ill try to attend ur event!!

Status
Not open for further replies.