Sound fun?

• Yep, gimme!

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • I hate fun.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Tidalian

Expert
My proposed idea could be implemented any number of ways, but the basic idea of it is that we create a sink for all those extra statues floating around, while also turning them into a decidedly cool new house item.

Convert 500 skeleton statues into a real skeleton that stands in place in your house with the title "(captured)" or "(domesticated)" or somesuch. You can't attack/interact with it, it just cycles through its idle animations and serves as an interesting visual upgrade that could definitely expand house decor possibilities.

But Tidalian, what about statuettes of creatures that would prove problematic to fit in a house at 1:1 scale, like champs??? Well, you could either let the person have their ridiculous reward for collecting 1,000 bahamut statues and limit the tile footprint it can be placed in, or implement a modified system where not EVERY creature can be converted to a live model.

In such a system, every statuette could be converted to more generic points at a vendor in town. Rarer statuettes and colours = more points, and points in general can be redeemed for a set list of domesticated creatures. Then you could effectively feed the vendor all your spare statuettes and save toward one unified goal of a house demon or what-have-you. This could work like the dono vendors in that you could cycle monsters out , creating a market for previously redeemable creatures (besides the vastly reinvigorated statuette market this would cause).

tl;dr use statues, get monsters, throw a party.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Good idea, but I think there are much higher priorities first, once those get some love, I would like to see something like this.

Tidalian

Expert
Oh certainly, I don't think any suggestion is posted here under the guise that all higher priority tasks should be dropped in favor of adding that particular suggestion! Although I suppose some more entitled users could go about it with that attitude. :p

eppy

Grandmaster
Think of anything else besides bods for fletching and tinker and I will listen. Something that at least takes some effort and doesn't encourage people to make 20 tinkers.

Tidalian

Expert
Think of anything else besides bods for fletching and tinker and I will listen. Something that at least takes some effort and doesn't encourage people to make 20 tinkers.

... Of course! A bod system filling orders of craftable statuettes made by tinkers! Forget about my other idea, this is the future. I'll credit you for inspiration in my acceptance speech for the award of Most Original Suggestion.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

Do the 100 monster statues into a monster sized animated deco idea, but it can only be done by a 120 tinker? Maybe tinkering level needed depends on what type of monster?