Controversial Much? Auto-Steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yeah man, cheaters gunna cheat (looks at IDOC crew). We'll figure something out :)

I am not trying to be a dick here, but how is this considered "Cheating". Stealing by item type is no different than chugging pots by item type, using spells by spell type, getting targets by crim type, making a macro to Leave House and teleport. Not to mention there is many ways someone can work around getting a Powerscroll Stolen. I admit it might be cheep and all, and I have never done it, but worries me when people cry about stuff and then those things are immediately changed.

One awesome work around for people getting PSes stolen would be to make Champ spawns FFA areas. Champs spawns should be done by groups of people anyway, cast reveal, kill strangers, and no one will steal your scroll. Idk just my opinion

Staff

Young Player Help
I am not trying to be a dick here, but how is this considered "Cheating". Stealing by item type is no different than chugging pots by item type, using spells by spell type, getting targets by crim type, making a macro to Leave House and teleport. Not to mention there is many ways someone can work around getting a Powerscroll Stolen. I admit it might be cheep and all, and I have never done it, but worries me when people cry about stuff and then those things are immediately changed.

One awesome work around for people getting PSes stolen would be to make Champ spawns FFA areas. Champs spawns should be done by groups of people anyway, cast reveal, kill strangers, and no one will steal your scroll. Idk just my opinion

I was speaking about IDOCing and some of the practices of our IDOCing population on UOF. However, I do agree that you shouldn't be able to autosteal by item type. If this were the case, snooping never would have been a skill. I think if you are stealing and not snooping and choosing your theft target carefully, it should be a random steal, like it was always intended to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.