Community Manager?

Skrypt

Expert
Does UOF have a dedicated Community Manager on the team?

I've noticed theres just way too many threads of suggestions, issues, concerns players have that mostly go unnoticed. The dev team does comment every once in a while, but I know most of there time is tied up in developing the server.

I think a good Community Manager that is able to respond to most of the ongoing threads and take player concerns back to the dev team to discuss could really help out alot and free up everyone to be more effective.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Nope, and one is needed. I've said for a while they need a dedicated customer relations person (sounds like Community Manager to me).

halygon

Grandmaster
I would be more than happy to be a Community Manager and decide which ideas goes to the dev team and which ones to scrap. :-D

halygon

Grandmaster
with all due respect ... no
Oh I am sure I would do a great job as I am the most unselfish person on the shard. I literally do almost nothing for myself and everything for others.

But you are right. Maybe someone like... hmm.. @so-LOW would be better? I bet between him and @K A Z they could make some big improvements and even make a new swimming pool for all UOFers filled with QQ.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Oh I am sure I would do a great job as I am the most unselfish person on the shard. I literally do almost nothing for myself and everything for others.

But you are right. Maybe someone like... hmm.. @so-LOW would be better? I bet between him and @K A Z they could make some big improvements and even make a new swimming pool for all UOFers filled with QQ.

i cud be david nd @so-LOW cud be pam. watching over our little river pool.

Thryn

Adept
<- Volunteering for the position. I definitely agree there needs to be a better connection between the community and the administration. They don't have the time to look at every single suggestion or concern. They need streamlined information provided to them, detailing the important and relevant data.

Bromista

Grandmaster
There was a staff member that was basically that person, Bryce. I don't think he's around in any capacity any more.

He responded. A lot. He also directly asked players for input on ideas that staff was kicking around.

spudd

Grandmaster
There was a staff member that was basically that person, Bryce. I don't think he's around in any capacity any more.

He responded. A lot. He also directly asked players for input on ideas that staff was kicking around.

Bryce was the most patient I think. And Joe. But it seemed like page time was considerably less with Bryce and questions weren't answered with another question. No run around.

I also miss Brian. He was extremely helpful as well.

Akillah

Grandmaster

Bryce was always nice and helpful. i miss him...there were more ctfs when he was around. Oh yeah, JoeB rules too. Always helpful.

amonseti

Grandmaster

NO NO! to be honest I don't think any of us myself included would be good for this kind of position .. our opinions are too strong and not very wavering .

halygon

Grandmaster
NO NO! to be honest I don't think any of us myself included would be good for this kind of position .. our opinions are too strong and not very wavering .
So you would prefer someone that gives into everyone? No. you need a strong minded person to sift through the rants and flames and QQ that people post to get to what suggestions actually matter.

Messremb

Grandmaster
So you would prefer someone that gives into everyone? No. you need a strong minded person to sift through the rants and flames and QQ that people post to get to what suggestions actually matter.
No but it needs to be someone who is open to new ideas, and is capable of keeping things balanced. They also need to know what suggestions will get the staff the most bang for their buck.There are very few people on these forums who would meet these requirements.

Also what suggestions matter its entirely a matter of perspective. (i.e. Trapped boxes, sure fix it, but did it really matter?)

Bromista

Grandmaster
That's true to an extent. I think Bryce was a good mix of both. I also think staff does quite well all things considered and I don't think anything bad can be said about their involvement in this space they create for us.

Shane is a busy man (well I'm sure they are all busy but this is Shane's baby), Carl is the bad cop, Adam gets in there and gets involved often but he is clearly getting a little frustrated with our community and understandably so, everything JoeB does for the community is great but I feel like his time must be very divided because sometimes we don't see him for a while. Doesn't mean there's not a lot going on behind the scenes, because I'm sure there is. But the nice thing about Bryce was the outstanding level of transparency and the frequency of that transparency. No matter how big or how small, everything with him was an open book and the community is feeling the void. Can we live without it? Sure, but Bryce is still missed nonetheless.

Again, not to say anything bad about staff. We just miss that guy that was very visibly committed to all of our gripes and whines.

spudd

Grandmaster
That's true to an extent. I think Bryce was a good mix of both. I also think staff does quite well all things considered and I don't think anything bad can be said about their involvement in this space they create for us.

Shane is a busy man (well I'm sure they are all busy but this is Shane's baby), Carl is the bad cop, Adam gets in there and gets involved often but he is clearly getting a little frustrated with our community and understandably so, everything JoeB does for the community is great but I feel like his time must be very divided because sometimes we don't see him for a while. Doesn't mean there's not a lot going on behind the scenes, because I'm sure there is. But the nice thing about Bryce was the outstanding level of transparency and the frequency of that transparency. No matter how big or how small, everything with him was an open book and the community is feeling the void. Can we live without it? Sure, but Bryce is still missed nonetheless.

Again, not to say anything bad about staff. We just miss that guy that was very visibly committed to all of our gripes and whines.

I second this. The void needs to be fixed.

halygon

Grandmaster
Also what suggestions matter its entirely a matter of perspective. (i.e. Trapped boxes, sure fix it, but did it really matter?)
You leave my trapped boxes out of this... there are little things that are just as important as big things regardless if the masses know that they exist. You can always educate them later once the problem is fixed. The level of importance isn't about how many votes something gets, cause let's be honest most people are ill-informed, it is based upon the greatest good for everyone as opposed to a specific group -- i think this is the hardest for people to understand as all they see if what affects them and do not understand other people's positions.