Change from mage/provo to dexxer/provo?

Henrik

Master
I have a mage/provo toon with the following setup:
100 magery, 100 eval, 100 resist, 100 med, 100 provo, 100 music, 100 hiding

I just started to farm with it and even though I can take down most of the high end mobs I feel it's ineffective. It's slow and some mobs seems almost impossible to kill (i.e blood elemental paragons). I was thinkning about changing over to a dexxer/provo instead but would like to know what you're thoughts are about it before I change anything.

This is what I was thinking of:
100 macing (or fencing), 100 tactics, 100 provo, 100 music, 80 anatomy, 80 healing, 80 resist spells, 60 magery

So, should I change from mage/provo to dexxer/provo and what about the dexxer/provo setup?

Thanks!

Snickle

Grandmaster
Dude perfect template. I try and stress that all the time. Great template
I personally drop resists to 70 and bump healing to 90 tho.

Dexer Provo trumps mage Provo because of slayer weapons. No slayer spell books...
The most popular choice would definitely be archery

Last edited by a moderator:

God.RG

Grandmaster
What is the best way to use a bard with mage/med/eval/music/Provo/wrestling?

Cast fields/ evs/etc?

Henrik

Master
What is the best way to use a bard with mage/med/eval/music/Provo/wrestling?

Cast fields/ evs/etc?

Yeah, and daemons (especially for lichs, they rarely dispell them).

But I wouldn't recommend a mage bard... Magery isn't really that powerful, at least on this shard.

Still think I'll go for the dexxer bard.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
How about macing vs. fencing on a provo dexxer build?

Macing will lower stamina of mobs while also offering chance for crushing blow, while fencing has paralyzing blow. Any input?

SaladinX

Grandmaster
Also, why not create it on two different accounts, dual client and make money faster - I use my provo mage + swords stealther all the time.

PKs can come get my provo mage anytime, big whoop, all my loot is backed up with the Stealther :)

Henrik

Master
Also, why not create it on two different accounts, dual client and make money faster - I use my provo mage + swords stealther all the time.

PKs can come get my provo mage anytime, big whoop, all my loot is backed up with the Stealther :)

This sounds very intresting! How does your swords/stealth build look?

God.RG

Grandmaster
Got my Mage/bard up and running.. And it is badass.

I guess some people just don't know how to work 15 year old AI. Lol.

The Grixxitt

Apprentice

I need some God in my life. Anyone know where I can find some?

On topic - You can farm effectively with any matter of bard, but you're really in the sniffing butt stage of PvM without a tamer.

God.RG

Grandmaster
I need some God in my life. Anyone know where I can find some?

On topic - You can farm effectively with any matter of bard, but you're really in the sniffing butt stage of PvM without a tamer.
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE?? I haven't heard from you in awhile man!
Hit me up on skype anytime : tylermemphis

TooLong

Master
I have a mage/provo toon with the following setup:
100 magery, 100 eval, 100 resist, 100 med, 100 provo, 100 music, 100 hiding

I just started to farm with it and even though I can take down most of the high end mobs I feel it's ineffective. It's slow and some mobs seems almost impossible to kill (i.e blood elemental paragons). I was thinkning about changing over to a dexxer/provo instead but would like to know what you're thoughts are about it before I change anything.

This is what I was thinking of:
100 macing (or fencing), 100 tactics, 100 provo, 100 music, 80 anatomy, 80 healing, 80 resist spells, 60 magery

So, should I change from mage/provo to dexxer/provo and what about the dexxer/provo setup?

Thanks!

I personally like archery and having hiding as well. If you plan on doing any champ spawns with the toon it's pretty important to be able to sneak off and hide when POWER decides to rear their ugly heads.

Don Key

Master

This a million times.

The fact you can fight other people easily outweighs any benefit from having sub-optimal skills like hiding or archery.

TooLong

Master
In the 6 months or so I've been on this shard I can probably count on one hand how many times I've seen a PK at any of my hunting spots. (Macroing on the other hand.... @peepingtom) If there is a PK my escape macro is more than sufficient for getting me out of there in time. Champ Spawns are a different story... But even with a combat template I'm not going to last long against a gang of 8 POWER players raining destruction on an unorganized group of tamers and bards.

I'd rather my PVMer be optimized for GP/HR. Magery doesn't even begin to compare.

Don Key

Master
Who says you have to fight PKs with the mage bard? Am I the only one that kills people who try to steal my mobs? Regardless of hue?

TooLong

Master
USE SKILL: Provocation
TARGET: Dick Head That's Spawn Stealing
System Message: You are now attacking Dick Head That's Spawn Stealing.
System Message: You have lost a lot of karma.

Works surprisingly well. Mostly because I don't think they see it coming.