Change from mage/provo to dexxer/provo?

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Got my Mage/bard up and running.. And it is badass.

I guess some people just don't know how to work 15 year old AI. Lol.
Bard mage is very fun and has massive utility.

@Snickle I am also trying a dexxer/provo. That character has been on the backburner though. I'm sure it'll be fun.

@Don Key agreed. To OP make one character of each. If you keep the bard mage instead of making a new dexxer/provo I recommend wrestling over hiding. Just my opinion :)

Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using Tapatalk

Keltonator

Grandmaster
If you're wanting to run champ spawns often, your best bet is dexxer. Melee weps get you x200% champ points, so you'll have a better shot at getting a rare drop or ps or whatever when the champ dies. Only problem is trying to get close enough to him when he spawns, because everyone else has the same idea. Bring a lot of total refresh pots to make your way through the crowd or you'll get 'being perfectly rested you shove them out of the way' then... Fucked.

TooLong

Master
That's exactly why I prefer an archer at spawn. A good archer/bard with a slayer will tpo the list for champ score every time.

lollo

Grandmaster
I have a mage/provo toon with the following setup:
100 magery, 100 eval, 100 resist, 100 med, 100 provo, 100 music, 100 hiding

I just started to farm with it and even though I can take down most of the high end mobs I feel it's ineffective. It's slow and some mobs seems almost impossible to kill (i.e blood elemental paragons). I was thinkning about changing over to a dexxer/provo instead but would like to know what you're thoughts are about it before I change anything.

This is what I was thinking of:
100 macing (or fencing), 100 tactics, 100 provo, 100 music, 80 anatomy, 80 healing, 80 resist spells, 60 magery

So, should I change from mage/provo to dexxer/provo and what about the dexxer/provo setup?

Thanks!

Archer bard is definitely more effective in PVM (helpless against PKs rho), but I have a provo mage (5xgm mage + music/provo) and can kill just about every paragon in the game solo if there's enough spawn in the dungeon. I killed countless greater blood elemental paragons solo, take 5-10 minutes max, just provo 4-5 mobs aganst them and cast a few EV.