Champion Spawn : Intended Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Lets make Barracoon a trammel-ruleset Dungeon so that Silly Santa can finally get a scroll again

Bromista

Grandmaster
Look, this is just ineffective arguing at this point. It has been laid down time and time again and maybe staff will respond by 2024.

Like if one staffer just popped in and said "tough titties" and nothing else I'd be fucking pumped because it was input.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
P.S you just had the biggest trammy bone thrown to you in this history of Ultima online since trammel it self was introduced with raiders needing 5k score to even steal your scrolls.

its getting to the point where i dont think you would be happy with anything short of a no red zone around champs.

personally i think thiefs should have to rack up 5k points too before they even qualify to steal power scrolls in champ area's

K A Z

Grandmaster
Although this suggestion has been made in the past - no admin has commented on it from what i can see. Once that happens - threads like this one keep popping up over and over.

@Malkraven @K A Z @girana @ton loc keep crying, that this suggestion was made again.

If it wasnt for players like myself, people like you would have destroyed this game years ago. You're stuck on a felucca shard, when in reality you should be playing on a trammel only server.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I could drone on and on about any server's need to consolidate the player base to one facet because the game is of a much different size and scope than it was back in the days we are trying so hard to remember, and the challenges that presents, but that might open someone's eyes and make them realize that it may be a good idea to strike a balance to keep the maximum number of players happy.

Sorry @Silly Santa you don't get to have the purest form of Trammelized UO

Sorry @K A Z zy boy you don't get to have a strict Fellucia ruleset

You're not re-living your days as a PK in 1998. I mean you hang onto those memories but they are just that - memories.

It's 2017 and even with every. break. imaginable. for PKs there's still more blues than reds. I mean you guys have gotten to have your cake and eat it too. 21 chars, super lax on noto PK, temporary stat loss, head buyback, 100 ways to ensure your head isn't even cut in the first place.

In short: don't forget which way the scale oughta tip, but doesn't. Maybe you guys should take some time to reflect?

Or just continue polarizing fucking everything.

Guys acting like not being able to lure champs changes any of the rest of that shit. lol.

For the record, this is what happens when you do the aforementioned polarizing and start slinging that T card around like you're big boss ballers and Silly scuffed your stupid Air Jordans or whatever is hip these days. Air Force One's? That NC-17 creeper referenced Air Force One's recently I'm gonna go with that, guy seems like he has his finger on the pulse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I could drone on and on about any server's need to consolidate the player base to one facet because the game is of a much different size and scope than it was back in the days we are trying so hard to remember, and the challenges that presents, but that might open someone's eyes and make them realize that it may be a good idea to strike a balance to keep the maximum number of players happy.

Sorry @Silly Santa you don't get to have the purest form of Trammelized UO

Sorry @K A Z zy boy you don't get to have a strict Fellucia ruleset

You're not re-living your days as a PK in 1998. I mean you hang onto those memories but they are just that - memories.

It's 2017 and even with every. break. imaginable. for PKs there's still more blues than reds. I mean you guys have gotten to have your cake and eat it too. 21 chars, super lax on noto PK, temporary stat loss, head buyback, 100 ways to ensure your head isn't even cut in the first place.

In short: don't forget which way the scale oughta tip, but doesn't. Maybe you guys should take some time to reflect?

Or just continue polarizing fucking everything.

Guys acting like not being able to lure champs changes any of the rest of that shit. lol.

For the record, this is what happens when you do the aforementioned polarizing and start slinging that T card around like you're big boss ballers and Silly scuffed your stupid Air Jordans or whatever is hip these days. Air Force One's? That NC-17 creeper referenced Air Force One's recently I'm gonna go with that, guy seems like he has his finger on the pulse.

Apparently we can staff seem to agree, reds seem to agree, your average blue who dont get duped 1000 times seems to agree since this has come up 10k times and been ignored 10k times and the only people crying about it are the kids so fucking stupid they dont realize they can easily counter this with a spell called recall/gate and a handful of marked runes into some of 100's of locations that are 100% safe and in scroll range to any spot u can lure the boss.

i mean the only thing that comes to to mind if this happen's over and over for years on end is

" you cant fix stupid"

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I agree with @Silly Santa -- it seems staffs goal is to make champs safer and easier to do for blues/trammies/etc... following this logic, they should make alll champs like barracoon where the boss cannot be dragged out of the champ area. I dont see how it really changes anything and if it helps more blues do champs, then its a good thing.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
I agree with @Silly Santa -- it seems staffs goal is to make champs safer and easier to do for blues/trammies/etc... following this logic, they should make alll champs like barracoon where the boss cannot be dragged out of the champ area. I dont see how it really changes anything and if it helps more blues do champs, then its a good thing.
Ok , great. EQMS agrees that all champ boss's should rubber-band like barracoon and Oaks - so that the boss cant be lured 40-50+ screens away from an altar. Thanks for agreeing with me @GluttonySDS !

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Ok , great. EQMS agrees that all champ boss's should rubber-band like barracoon and Oaks - so that the boss cant be lured 40-50+ screens away from an altar. Thanks for agreeing with me @GluttonySDS !

It has nothing to do with agreeing with you.... i just dont see need to not finish the champ in the champ area. Keeping it in the champ area follows staff intentions of making champs safer and easier to do for blues, even if it does greatly reduce(or even completely remove) the risk associated with doing champs.

JennaL

Expert
I personally feel all champs (and boss) should need to be guarded and defended. It's moreso the inconsistency that I'm curious about.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
I personally feel all champs (and boss) should need to be guarded and defended. It's moreso the inconsistency that I'm curious about.
Yeah, i agree. Why was despise changed a while ago in the way it was , but not apply that same change to all champ spawns based on the same basis.

girana

Grandmaster
Yeah, i agree. Why was despise changed a while ago in the way it was , but not apply that same change to all champ spawns based on the same basis.

it was done to stop power taking every barracoon champ.
to keep it in balance it wasnt done to all.
so there were 3 harder to lure and 3 not that hard to lure.

at least that is what carl told me long long ago ;).

LSDjay

Grandmaster
14 years after pub 16 and AOS was introduced on OSI there is still a small enclave that play uo the good old way..
Still alot are complaining about small little things, but we all need eachother to stay afloat.

Dont see the problem in why it would be a big deal on letting the boss stay near the altar, if the pvp guys want to "pvp" go ahead and kill the bard/tamers, provo/archers, meta dexers with gm slayer weapons....

The reason why power/$ is against this was just shown on destard champ, first they want to gather up a very high score in the first 2 levels with a few people. Then they leave and come back when the boss is up and pulll him away, kinda sad imo...

And @K A Z u never played OSI and u mention Trammel ?
Trammel was a place where farming was like the trashtalk channel on discord, and nothing you could do against it, i admired the people there coz of there high toleration and how they managed to keep playing there..
Dont think it was all teddy-bears and unicorns, it was much more frustrating then have the boss kited off..

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
If it wasnt for players like myself, people like you would have destroyed this game years ago. You're stuck on a felucca shard, when in reality you should be playing on a trammel only server.

Dont get it twisted. Its not like i am suggesting all rewards should go straight to the bankbox, like @girana was suggesting earlier in this thread. As for someone like me destroying this game? I think you have me mixed up with you know who. If your so l33t like you 'think' you are... dont lure the boss, come on reds and try to kill us and see what happens. Dont be such a noob. Is the only way you could 'win' is to pull a * move and lure the boss out the back door and 40-50 screens away - any chance you get? Where is the consistancy between despise and oaks champs being rubber-banded and not the other ones? Your guild has abused this mechanic for years.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
14 years after pub 16 and AOS was introduced on OSI there is still a small enclave that play uo the good old way..
Still alot are complaining about small little things, but we all need eachother to stay afloat.

Dont see the problem in why it would be a big deal on letting the boss stay near the altar, if the pvp guys want to "pvp" go ahead and kill the bard/tamers, provo/archers, meta dexers with gm slayer weapons....

The reason why power/$ is against this was just shown on destard champ, first they want to gather up a very high score in the first 2 levels with a few people. Then they leave and come back when the boss is up and pulll him away, kinda sad imo...

And @K A Z u never played OSI and u mention Trammel ?
Trammel was a place where farming was like the trashtalk channel on discord, and nothing you could do against it, i admired the people there coz of there high toleration and how they managed to keep playing there..
Dont think it was all teddy-bears and unicorns, it was much more frustrating then have the boss kited off..

Agreed -- if you want to take over a champ, kill everyone there... taking over a champ shouldnt include luring the boss 100 screens away.

Status
Not open for further replies.