Champ Spawn scroll distribution issues

Gareth

Apprentice
Our Alliance does have a system in place, but it would be nice to have an option to randomize it. Asking someone to give up a scroll is much more complicated to me then having someone get it through the random generator . There is something intrinsically sucky about working a spawn with thirty people (some in guild and many not), getting a scroll dropped then having to roll again to keep it.

Yay! I got a 120 taming dropped in my pack for the first time ever! Oh wait, now I have to roll with 12 guildies.....

It would be psychologically different if you never got it in the first place and the guildie did..knowing that it passed through all the odds to get there.

I can see the point that it should not be a mandatory to impose on guilds, but perhaps the option would be nice.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Often times we play luck of the draw. But if someone gets something really juicy we split up the proceeds.

I think the issue here is having too many hands in an activity. Smaller groups are easier to deal with in these matters.

Quality over quantity! ;)

bksdaduo

Master
To be clear.. I'm not advocating for an overhaul.

A simple 2500 point minimum including the factioners would suffice.. maybe even 5000 points.

The % chance or "lottery" should obviously scale with points.

Saturn

Grandmaster
I agree with the tweaking of champ lottery. The idea is to defend the lands against a Champ and its minions. So someone that pops in and scores 100 pts shouldn't even be rewarded anything.
But hey, I also disagree with the Faction bonus as well. Most people that have a Faction player, the exploitation of the system is their whole basis for having the faction char. Taking advantage of two systems for personal gain. Not for what either system ,nor its rewards are intended for.
You players know who you are, and most of us do as well.
Just saying! My vote is an overhaul of pt system and scroll reward. Scrolls should be BLESSED as well!!
That is an entire debate in it's self.
OoOooh how the gank squads would complain.....lol

Yeah maybe you dont get it, factioners get scrolls because they are usually pvping eachother in the champ spawns and doesnt have time or mana to toss 2.5k worth of ebolt points.

The PS system is perfectly fine as is.

Saturn

Grandmaster
To be clear.. I'm not advocating for an overhaul.

A simple 2500 point minimum including the factioners would suffice.. maybe even 5000 points.

The % chance or "lottery" should obviously scale with points.
No absolutely not lol. Factions should not be affected what so ever in champ spawns because your risking SO MUCH more going in on a factioner

Chances of death= 10x more
Char that can PvM very well
Risk Vs Reward= Much more risk, due to death resuting in loss of points/rank, only your own faction members can res you.

I understand your lack of understanding of the pvp and faction system, but maybe you should obtain a understanding of it before posting stupid shit about it,

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
The faction scroll goes to only factioners. It's not thrown into the lottery mix. It's a fourth scroll only they get. So even if they score 1 pt, they'll get the scroll if they'rethe only factioner there. It doesn't change how and who get the other 3 scrolls. I don't get why really, but I'm assuming its to encourage more factioners, kind of like a perk for them. But if no factioners are at the spawn, then the same 3 PSs are handed out. Just not the 4th faction scroll.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah all that has been said is true regarding the factioner mechanics and factioners need to be left out of the discussion entirely.

The only discussion left is regarding blues/reds and it should be left alone.

All is well, provided champ scoring is back to its original form. It's a discussion for another thread but dexers are already being given way too much credit for champ score and with more people getting their talismans it's going to be out of control if not addressed.

@Skye Wolfbane @halygon can you guys tell us if the scoring was fixed as Adam said it would be?

ShinPi

Grandmaster
Faction bonus? Im in the dark here. Hell I quit find champs anyways cause I'm NEVER the lucky one to get scroll don't have the patience to finish sometimes either ahhh

Yeah maybe you dont get it, factioners get scrolls because they are usually pvping eachother in the champ spawns and doesnt have time or mana to toss 2.5k worth of ebolt points.

The PS system is perfectly fine as is.

If your pvping then why the hell are you at a pvm event? If you dont have time to put up numbers on the champ why should you be rewarded when someone puts in the time?

K A Z

Grandmaster
I'd though like to talk about the Factionscroll. Since I don't see it doing anything good other than giving noobs that hide on factionpvmchars at Champs a shot at a cheap Scroll with little to no time and/or risk invested. IMO it's a failed incentive and helps nuttin but to devalue scrolls even more than they already are (that + every semi-boss and his mommy dropping scrolls).

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
The discussion was about mainly the lowest score getting a scroll.
You can ramble your point on all you like. The system as a whole is good. Just the two pts. I dont like are...
1. Low scores getting rewarded
YES THERE SHOULD BE A MINIMUM! Hands down! Makes complete and unequivocal sense! So don't degrade yourself by arguing the contrary! If you want to, then you're one of the people that exploit this! Period!
2. Faction Scroll, yes I get it!! (smh, like its rocket science) I know its also the 4th scroll. But Factions are for pvp scenarios not PVM....get over it!! No scroll for this!!

*end rant....lol*
*begin flaming*
People take opinions to personal...smh

Last edited by a moderator:

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
1 point 1 chance out of total points/chances - 120,000 points 120,000 chances out of total points/chances.

The definition of fair.

signature field is blank

Saturn

Grandmaster
If you wana fix scoring to the point this thread intends then the only people that will get PS will be those with fully trained meta pets.
Your reward for fully training a meta pet is u have a meta pet.
Just like my reward at a champ is to faction pvp, i just get a PS out of it. Stop crying

Saturn

Grandmaster
In fact i propose a change to the scoring system,
you can ONLY obtain a power scroll if your IN a faction.

You say my reward if the pvp? well your reward is the pvm not the scroll.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Pretty sure that's some Craig/Essex or Escex guy. Pure docks player.

But back to the faction thing...kaz said that it is a failure but I can only half agree with that. Sure, there are blues that hide factioners at champs or make PvM factioners (lol) and use it for the easy scroll. While that may be true, I have also seen plenty of fights at champs that would not have happened if there were no PS to gain by doing so.

The thing I like about factioners champing is you'll see fights bust out on tier 1/2 of a champ which ordinarily never happens. Sometimes reds come early to champs, but obviously they are either bored or dumb. Nothing inbetween, and that isn't even PvP anyway so it's like why bother if there's nothing to gain but discourage players from finishing the champ costing themselves the opportunity of actuay getting something out of it.

So even if it's not constant, at least faction scrolls generate more PvP than there otherwise would have been in the first place. True PvPers do not oppose any suggestion that results in that. Quite the opposite, in fact.

And it really must be a challenge with all the spawn popping off around the zone. Dropping a couple EVs here and there in between fights and trying to keep yourself alive and others dead to give yourself a better crack at a PS sounds like legit PvP with a legit reward.