Champ Spawn scroll distribution issues

bksdaduo

Master
Can this be tweaked?

3 people with over 85k points and some * comes in and throws 5 ebolts at the champ and gets a scroll with 700 points? In this instance the 700pt person was a factioner, so I understand that.. but in other instances they aren't. I also didn't post the 2nd page that shows another 20k pointer getting the 4th scroll.

5qS1PwJ.jpg

e8m8UcY.jpg

Snickle

Grandmaster
You didn't post 11-20. I'd imagine somewhere in there was the third scroll which means the 700 scorer was a factioner. Read the rules on faction benefits

Some One

Master
Seems fair, weighted lottery.Somehow you got entered much more than anyone. Top two are both your guys are they not.

bksdaduo

Master
You didn't post 11-20. I'd imagine somewhere in there was the third scroll which means the 700 scorer was a factioner. Read the rules on faction benefits

Did you just skip over the part where I said all that?

There's no issue with the faction benefit, but change it to where they have to do a minimum amount of damage/points.

It should have a 2500-5000 point minimum period for all players.. considering it takes about 5 minutes of effort to get that.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
I agree with the tweaking of champ lottery. The idea is to defend the lands against a Champ and its minions. So someone that pops in and scores 100 pts shouldn't even be rewarded anything.
But hey, I also disagree with the Faction bonus as well. Most people that have a Faction player, the exploitation of the system is their whole basis for having the faction char. Taking advantage of two systems for personal gain. Not for what either system ,nor its rewards are intended for.
You players know who you are, and most of us do as well.
Just saying! My vote is an overhaul of pt system and scroll reward. Scrolls should be BLESSED as well!!
That is an entire debate in it's self.
OoOooh how the gank squads would complain.....lol

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Seems fair.

Honestly, the champ scoring system is great as is. It rewards veterans as much as it rewards newbies.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I wouldn't be against a 1,000 point min or something but I agree with Bunnky too. You don't want the same top 3 people getting the scrolls all the time.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Did they at least return the damage scalar to what it was before it got all fucked up for tamers?

I can't be bothered to do a champ until they do, just been RDA hunting in the meantime.

Even on a dexer. I like to crowd control with tamers not be selfish and score 125k pts on a dexer that isn't very good at being a team player. I like to tank and push spawn and not get reamed on points.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Can this be tweaked?

3 people with over 85k points and some * comes in and throws 5 ebolts at the champ and gets a scroll with 700 points? In this instance the 700pt person was a factioner, so I understand that.. but in other instances they aren't. I also didn't post the 2nd page that shows another 20k pointer getting the 4th scroll.

5qS1PwJ.jpg

e8m8UcY.jpg

As a fisherman and dexer, it pisses me off working one of these things for an hour and then some tamer coming in and stealing agro on my mobs, and waiting until the last moment to fuck up and steal high end loot.

Mordoc

Master
i think a minimum of 2000 point damage would be fair and would keep people from coming in at the end with few points and going home with a scroll.

the whole faction thing.....well thats another story but i tend to agree with Tharakus. ill settle for a minimum point damage change though :)

K A Z

Grandmaster
i think it should be random to some degree, tbh. I see no issue with people getting lucky on scrolls. They're not supposed to always go to the hardcore champers/experienced players.

furthermore I'd suggest to remove the faction scroll as it didn't benefit factions at all. It's basically just a free Scroll for those who want to hide at a champ on a hidedexxer for an hour or two.. It's BS that those people get rewarded.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Kaz is correct.

No minimum. If someone wants to (likely) waste a few minutes of their time railing ebolts at the end of a champ for a miniscule chance at a scroll, more power to them I say.

Lotto is fine as is, just get the scoring scale right and we'll be good to go.

Gareth

Apprentice
I would love to see a system where champ spawn defenders have a shot at getting a scroll. Some players spend a majority of the champ defending against reds. other factioners, etc and significantly reduce their chances in the defense of guild/alliance members.

Maybe allow party members a chance to get the scroll if they are in the champ area? (As an example, the first check would go to see if the player gets the scroll -- if not then no second check -- if he does then he/she gets a 50% chance to keep it while his party members split the other 50% depending on the size of party?)

K A Z

Grandmaster
I would love to see a system where champ spawn defenders have a shot at getting a scroll. Some players spend a majority of the champ defending against reds. other factioners, etc and significantly reduce their chances in the defense of guild/alliance members.

Maybe allow party members a chance to get the scroll if they are in the champ area? (As an example, the first check would go to see if the player gets the scroll -- if not then no second check -- if he does then he/she gets a 50% chance to keep it while his party members split the other 50% depending on the size of party?)

I personally don't like overcomplicated systems. I see where you're coming from but in my oppinion it should be up to the party/guild if they share after the champion or not. I feel as if that's a problem that should be dealt with by the guild or party and should not be dealt with by Server/Staff.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I think players have to take some responsibility. For example, if our guild goes to a champ, we often have mages who do nothing much but heal or deal with reds. If agreed on, we sometimes roll for the scrolls or eggs from RDAs. If you're in a group, make some decisions before going to champs about whether those back up players will get a chance to roll. Some things we have to do our selves and not have everything done for us.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I think players have to take some responsibility. For example, if our guild goes to a champ, we often have mages who do nothing much but heal or deal with reds. If agreed on, we sometimes roll for the scrolls or eggs from RDAs. If you're in a group, make some decisions before going to champs about whether those back up players will get a chance to roll. Some things we have to do our selves and not have everything done for us.

Exactly. I'll PK at IDOCs or Spawns sometimes and in exchange get some wearables, stock etc. from the people I help by doing that. If your guild is fucking you over, and you feel as if you deserve more: talk to them about it. If they think you're wrong, you're probably in the wrong guild and should leave asap.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yah, just split it up or roll for it.

Everybody plays a part. It's up to y'all to determine how much and who gets rewarded for their participation if the games distribution system doesn't get it right...which it seemingly never does.

There's a lot more going into these activities than the game can take account for, PvP, grief, etc, but even when things are cut and dry and there's no opposition the game LOVES to reward the guy that gets owned by spawn and needs constant resses (aka Babethoven) so that determination is up to us.

Last edited by a moderator: