Booty Dungeon Chamber Fix

StarLord87

Expert
+1
Great job laying it all out Koldes.
Not surprising that VANQ members (the guild only interested in preventing other groups from doing the content) are the only ones so far to argue for the status quo.

I would point out that the OP distinctly leaves open the ability of reds or blues to still come compete for the content, just have to come do it the old fashioned way by killing or out maneuvering the other group instead of luring one boss to ruin the whole experience. Yes you can kill blues over and over, but the ability to return within seconds via being able to recall right back in makes for a lop sided dynamic.

I believe it's called get with the program, they did this with the warden, ages ago...… what you should be worried about is what happens on a daily, rather than how often booty dungeon is... I watched as the whole shard gets destroyed by VANQ everyday, It's quite sad

KoldesLives

Journeyman
Great news! Staff has implemented the requested changes from this thread. Thank you very much to everyone for showing support, and thank you to the staff for making this happen!

Changes implemented:

Barrier put in by the entrance to each boss. Sparkles/wall system similar to western pass at oaks. To go in the chamber is immediate, but to come out there is a 1-2 second delay, similar to the Arch demon Ankh going back into Arch

Fix applied to the stairs to go from level 1 to level 2 - Where if you were flagged for combat it wouldn't let you go down the stairs at all, and your pets would not follow you down. Both things are corrected

The spider queen in the spider area of level 1 has been removed. This mob 2-3 hit kills maxed out spiders, pulls you towards it like a harrower, and is faster than you are on foot. It's unkillable, and offers nothing other than a place to avoid

With these changes, Booty is now able to be done consistently, and my guild (CIty) has been doing it quite a few times! I'd estimate 4-5 times in the past 4-5 days, which is tons more than ever before. The challenge of the bosses hasn't changed, but it's much less griefable! Hopefully you other guilds start coming and doing it netting you lots of good drops and more chaos and PvP fun for all of us.

Note: The rune being able to be marked in the back of the dungeon has stayed. You can still mark, recall and gate to there.

Lastly, there is one additional change that I think should happen to make Booty better. If we increase the spawn ratio of the mobs, Booty will be able to be done with less of a grind. Right now, we need 1000 kills to summon the bosses. However, there's only around 250-300 mobs in the dungeon, meaning you kill them all, and you have to run around and wait for the respawn. This can add 10-20 minutes to the time to do 1000 kills only because of waiting and not due to the challenge. A slight increase in the speed would be good. I think this would make sense rather than reducing the kills needed to 500 or 750 or something, since the challenge and investment of 1000 kills seems required to get a chance at 5 bosses. Groups can still put in the time and effort for 1000 kills