Booty Dungeon Chamber Fix

uckinill

Novice
what a shock VANQ is the one opposed to making this less griefable, awesome thread Koldes. I wish this idea would happen. I love booty but too much stress comes when people grief it, you can say 'oh just kill them oh just kill them" like its an easy task to kill someone on a red with Sphinx boulders flying around along with the other bosses.... please staff read this thread and take this idea into consideration.... #MakeBootyGreatAgain

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Pretty sure booty is done 100x more often than asylum. As far as recalling in I thought the intention to not be able to recall at all in booty. I think having one specific spot to recall in adds any interesting dynamic but so does having to fight your way down.

Making the bosses static would just make it way easier overall. The only real difficulty is the chance of getting wiped and losing control of the situation. If you have safe areas to res it's just another easily grindable harrower type thing. As for the stealther thing yeah i agree with you there, im sure stealthing is way overpowered and lame in a situation where everyone is on foot. It'd be hard to even PK him

Slick Brick

Grandmaster
When one guy spends 5 hours on a Saturday night solo griefing this dungeon via Sphinx, and doing it successfully after being killed over 25 times (somehow this isn’t excessive griefing and (didn’t matter he’d be back in 3 minutes).. it’s just not worth doing without these changes

Bromista

Grandmaster
I wonder what home life is like for that guy

Without broken shit in-game we can't see how broken people the people who play it are so I guess we can be thankful for something?

Rolund

Neophyte
Great idea Koldes! Good to see all the feedback around it, hope this gets the right attention...

KoldesLives

Journeyman
The bosses won't be made easier (southern bosses are easy anyway) and the two northern bosses will only be made harder by being forced into a confined space. In my view, the dungeon will be completed 5-10x per day instead of 1-3x per week (or less.) This benefits everyone: Medusa statues have a value and are sought after, Booty becomes a hotspot for action, and the content is used up instead of being mostly inactive.

Although guilds will be able to defend against opposing guilds - anyone can do that. With such small choke points, a group of 3-5 reds could hold off an oncoming group of 6-10 blues. There is no true argument for making things better for build guilds and harder for small ones. I understand that people have said they "don't care if it is good for VANQ" but, I do think that changes, when implemented, need to benefit all playstyles and not just big guilds.

This change would benefit everyone.

BigD

Neophyte
I think right now the dungeon is definitely too easy to greif with the mechanics of the sphynx. I would suggest cutting it into thirds, with each side containing two bosses and an empty area in the middle. The 1 recall spot is fine, as there's no ankh and its no different than being able to recall back to any other champ.