Best tamer build

Anyone ever tried a melee tamer? Always wanted to ride a nightmare wearing plate armor, but figured it was pointless or I would see a lot more of them around. Think I may have seen a total of 1 on this server. But still I am curious if it is possible with a skill cap of 720. Something like taming/lore/vet swords/tactics magery/meditation?? How would you allocate your stats?

Also for the standard provo tamer, how do you guys go about juggling skill points? Right now I plan to take taming and provo both to 120, though I could stand to leave provo at 110, but still I wonder which skill would be the best one to take from. Meditation I assume? Of what use is higher than GM lore?

(edit: fun is more important to me than power, I make all my money soloing tmaps on my bard, so just looking for a change of pace)

So, I would be tanking for my pets then? Almost feel like I would be better letting my pets tank and using magery to spot heal myself when needed. Then again I have zero experience with this, and it would make stat allocation a little confusing.

Bromista

Grandmaster
If you aren't running bandages on yourself you won't be tanking anything. That's definitely what your pets are for, their AR will beat yours every time to reduce their overall damage taken, they have magic resist, plus you don't have finger slips on your bandages if you aren't taking hits.

Archer tamer can be a fun way to get involved alongside your pets.

De Medici

Grandmaster
120 tame
20 lore
Gm mage
Gm med
Gm eval
Gm wrest.
Gm resi
80 alchmey

Best for nocut/militia pvp and gives you 100% control of a mare. Can also be replaced by 115/40 and 60 alchemy.

For dungeon pvp go with 100+ lore and bring a deathbeetle.

freshmilk1

Master
So, I would be tanking for my pets then? Almost feel like I would be better letting my pets tank and using magery to spot heal myself when needed. Then again I have zero experience with this, and it would make stat allocation a little confusing.
I have been running fencer tamer for a few weeks now, I'm a solo player and also favor fun over power. I have a lvl 5 meta drag that do all the tanking for me while I swing away with slayer at full dex. We can take on anything up to a paragon ogre mage lvl. The strength of a dexxer tamer is the fast vet bandage time, only 3 sec at 100 dex and the sustain allow u to heal non stop so long you don't run outta bandage. I can also fend off most solo pks if I don't screw up lol. IMO it a very fun and engaging build, and seriously who doesn't want to wear shinny armor riding on a nightmare :p
Taming 110 Lore 115 Vet Fencing Tact Ana Heal 90 Star Int Dex 100 26 99

Last edited:
I have been running fencer tamer for a few weeks now, I'm a solo player and also favor fun over power. I have a lvl 5 meta drag that do all the tanking for me while I swing away with slayer at full dex. We can take on anything up to a paragon ogre mage lvl. The strength of a dexxer tamer is the fast vet bandage time, only 3 sec at 100 dex and the sustain allow u to heal non stop so long you don't run outta bandage. I can also fend off most solo pks if I don't screw up lol. IMO it a very fun and engaging build, and seriously who doesn't want to wear shinny armor riding on a nightmare :p
I vote dex tamer best, your heals can even be faster with agility potions, plus swing speed... which are cheap.

Thanks for the reply, exactly the kind of information I was looking for!

I'm definitely going to try this, aside from having to remacro Provocation it wouldn't even be that hard to switch back if I end up liking it. Sounds like a pretty fun build :)

freshmilk1

Master
Thanks for the reply, exactly the kind of information I was looking for!

I'm definitely going to try this, aside from having to remacro Provocation it wouldn't even be that hard to switch back if I end up liking it. Sounds like a pretty fun build :)

Also, its very important to practice ur positioning, always have ur pet face directly to the mob in either N S E W direction while u stand on NE NW SE SW. This way u will not get hit by the mobs. GL and have fun, you will enjoy it :)