Beginner's Guide to 7x Bard and Gold Making

Psymon

Master
If this is your first character and you need money AFK macroing Provoke isn't always the best... I worked my provoke from 75 up on Dragons ... Made a good amount of gold doing it to get my other characters done.

Illyria

Expert
is it really worth to switch from hiding to magery? because now i have archery\healing\provo\music\tact\anat\hid but i feel i lack something

Yagyu

Adept
is it really worth to switch from hiding to magery? because now i have archery\healing\provo\music\tact\anat\hid but i feel i lack something

you lack resisting spells and magery...should dump hide, and put your healing at 90, and get like 40 magery and 70 resist.

Yagyu

Adept
This guide could use a lot of work, I will write up one soon. The build provided is poor, running around with no resist means that a eb/explo combo will kill you. Also, I didnt see anything saying what the actual stats for the char should be. Macroing healing is a waste of time generally, and when you have a ghost you dont have to say something stupid...just click war mode. This is actually really bad. I wish I had time right now, Id write a guide. I have 3 provokers, the last one I made I didnt use anything to help him. Well except I provided a gm bow/arrows and a set of chain armor that I just took off and replaced with barbed. I have made almost 2 million gold JUST in the process of leveling my skills to max. I macrod provoke, then went out as an archer and made a fortune raising that and healing. It was actually fun too. Some people play for a few months and dont make 2 million. If i followed this guide here Id have a gimp char, and no money.

jeffe

Master
..running around with no resist means that a eb/explo combo will kill you.

No, this is untrue. It *may* redline you but its not going to kill at full health.

Macroing healing is a waste of time generally, and when you have a ghost you dont have to say something stupid...just click war mode.

You are correct in saying that you ghost does not have to spam text in order to stay connected/visible. Macroing healing on a ghost is helpful if bandages are your only way to heal. No one wants to fail to cure a poison with 8 hp left.

I have 3 provokers, the last one I made I didnt use anything to help him. Well except I provided a gm bow/arrows and a set of chain armor that I just took off and replaced with barbed. I have made almost 2 million gold JUST in the process of leveling my skills to max. I macrod provoke, then went out as an archer and made a fortune raising that and healing. It was actually fun too. Some people play for a few months and dont make 2 million. If i followed this guide here Id have a gimp char, and no money.

You understand how MOB mechanics in UO work. Yes, you can work all those skills up and make money while doing so when you understand how to CC MOBs. It doesn't matter what your template is if you understand the basics. This is evident from the multitude of templates you can use with bard skills. (Stealth Bard, Tamer Bard, Archer Bard, Dexxor Bard, Pure Bard, Peace Bard, Hider Mage Bard, Hider Dexxor Bard, et al.)

you lack resisting spells and magery...should dump hide, and put your healing at 90, and get like 40 magery and 70 resist.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just like... your opinion, man."

Because, your play style dictates magery and resist must play a role in your template; doesn't mean others should or have to conform to this playstyle.

This is actually really bad. I wish I had time right now, Id write a guide.

Please don't.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
This guide is very helpful, especially for new players. You can farm tons of gold using this build, and on the off chance you get PK'd, who cares? You'll lose a max of 5k gold if you're banking properly. You don't NEED to survive an explo/ebolt if you AREN'T pvp'ing. The idea is to create a character that just farms gold off mobs, runs to the bank, farms more gold, etc etc, not come up with this great all around pvm/pvp build.

Juancho

Neophyte
This guide was really useful for me. Last time I played uo was ten years ago, I needed some guide like this one =)

I´m gm at all the skills, but provo don´t. It´s a bit slowlier than the others. Is there any possiblity apart from the bards room? it´s a good spot but a lot of pks usually come and the most annoying thing is that some blues come with a lich and leave him over there >.<

Nanashi

Grandmaster
The way I did it was only about 1 night of provoking to gm, I bought my skills up to 50, provo'd on the skeletons/zombies in a graveyard to around 70. You can also find some Rotting corpse around vesper graveyard and gm that way. Will take a long time yes but you should be macroing non afkish. There are other locations, for example in shame. You can teleport behind certain stalagmites in lvl 2-3 areas and provo the elemental rocks that spawn, if your lucky you might fight a paragon as well which helps lvl up skill gains cause in a way they are a bit harder to kill so in essence should make it harder to provo. If you are failing than it is a good sign you can keep on going till you succeed and gain skill points. The bard room is an easy way out but I always find it fun to wait around for a griefer to show up and kill them on the spot. Always have another mage handy for gating, res , and only leave your bard with about 4 instruments as well as nekked. Most people leave you alone if your not on a mount/naked and pretty much looking harmless lol. After you are around 89-90ish skill points, stop provoking and HUNT! You won't fail unless you use non gm instruments. Take the time to practice while at the same time gming the skill or making more money to just buy the skill scrolls.

Muler

Question, just joined a 2nd age shard.. healing doesn't seem to raise on the ghost, after 100 or so attempts... is this guide not applicable?

rexregis

Neophyte
Hey guys, silly question, but I went to the prison in Despise and I saw some people macroing provo on top of a wooden structure of sorts. I can't figure out how to get up there!!

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Hey guys, silly question, but I went to the prison in Despise and I saw some people macroing provo on top of a wooden structure of sorts. I can't figure out how to get up there!!
Teleport onto the corner of the platform and chug a pot and put your character on top of the pile, that's the only safe spot there.

signature field is blank

drasked

Grandmaster
Why i need 40 magery? What i will cast? Recall? Heal?

Don't think you need magery on this template, i use the following;

Archery
Tactics
Anat
Healing
Music
Provo
Hiding (or you can use resist instead)

You can recall with scroll charges from your rune book with 100% success even with 0 magery.

Feiticeiro

Neophyte
Don't think you need magery on this template, i use the following;

Archery
Tactics
Anat
Healing
Music
Provo
Hiding (or you can use resist instead)

You can recall with scroll charges from your rune book with 100% success even with 0 magery.

Ty, im using this:

Archery
Tactics
Anat
Healing
Music
Provo
Resist