WTS [AUCTION] Summer Blue Betrayer Statue

Kibbles

Apprentice
4.jpg

Your chance to own this rare summer blue hue Betrayer statue (Auctioning this off for a friend)!

S/B - 5m
B/O - None
Reserved price - Undisclosed (Seller may choose to not sell if price is not met)
Ends 48 hours after last bid.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
A starting bid is supposed to be the reserve, that's the whole point. Hmm.

There is a theory out there if you start it lower, the auction will gain speed, people will get into a bidding epeen contest, and push you past where you want to set the reserve, but if you set the reserve too high, people just won't bother....

Titanium

Master
I see nothing wrong with this. The seller is being up front. The fact that there is a reserve was disclosed at time of post. Or are there some rules to auctions somewhere that outline this is not allowed? If this was not disclosed and SB was made and no one else bid and the seller decided at that time not to sell it. then I can see issues... this is however not the case here..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules as posted:
While the forum rules apply to all forums, at times, there's a section that needs to have the rules made a bit more clear.
The selling threads are for people to sell stuff.
They are not for flaming. They are not for guild wars. They are not a place to get digs in to someone they don't like by derailing their threads. They are not a place for others to judge what something is worth.
If someone wants to try to sell a might silver pick axe for $3 million they are welcome to try.

Caveat emptor

Some things will get past us moderators. We can't catch every post. Simply report someone if you feel they are derailing or trolling a selling/buying thread and a moderator will attend to it if they feel it's a violation of the following rules:

Do NOT post in someone's selling thread unless you are bidding on the item or asking legitimate questions about the item.
Do NOT say if you think it is or isn't worth the S/B.
Do NOT post you're own item to sell inside someone else's thread.
Do NOT give your opinion of the item - "it's ugly" - unless it's positive.
Do NOT bid on your own item just to bump up the post.
Do NOT scam your fellow UOF players. This could lead to a lot worse penalties than a forum warning or blocking.
One bump per 24-hour period per thread.

Pretty simple.
Want to sell something? Post it, use a pic if you have one. Honor your sales. Want to buy something? Post a bid or PM the seller. When you sell it, post the final price and announce it's been sold. This helps keep down unnecessary posts and questions as to whether to bids were honored.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kinda violated the rules without asking about the item... So I will ask a specific question about this item.. Is this a one of a kind item at this time? (already pretty sure the answer is yes but had to ask something and it is legitimate because I do not really know the answer) lol =P ...

And on that note I do see others that have posted violating some of these rules..... just saying...

5 mill is current bid.. Good luck on the sale of such a great statue!

Last edited:

Cash is King

Grandmaster
Definition: Reserve price is the minimum amount that the owner of an item up for auction will accept as the winning bid in the auction. Source

Want to sell an item? Post it for sale.
Is there a minimum price (i.e. reserve) you want to get for it? Set a s/b

Not trying to derail here so apologies to the OP but I've seen this "I reserve the right not to sell if I don't get the price I want" statement made in other auctions and it makes no sense.

Silence Scoop

Apprentice
Lol what is this all about, he jus said if there is no one bidding the S/B he can reject. If someone said 5m it will get sold at the S/B ofc.

The Gronk

Grandmaster
Lol what is this all about, he jus said if there is no one bidding the S/B he can reject. If someone said 5m it will get sold at the S/B ofc.
Go back up to the top and slowly re read his post! If you can't see what people are complaining about then I don't know what to say. He has an "undisclosed reserve price" not the 5Mil starting bid

Kibbles

Apprentice
@Cash is King but the definition for reserved priced you posted states that "Reserve price is the minimum amount that the owner of an item up for auction will accept as the winning bid in the auction". It goes on further to say "The auction's starting price tends to start lower than the reserve price to encourage bidding."

So it doesn't mean that the S/B is the "that" minimum price though. It's how many auction sites (most notably eBay) works too. A seller may list an item for any price but if the current bid has not met the reserved price, he is given the option to not sell it.

But thanks for clarifying and I apologize if the auction advert misled anyone. Like I stated in the opening post, it's not my auction and I'm just putting it up on behalf of a friend. Last I checked with him, the item is still up for sale.

Cheers!

Kibbles

Apprentice
Yep, in many cases reserves are implicitly set as the SB and I agree, I wish I could afford to bid for this statue too.