Are Item ID wands gone?

I'm not trolling, it's just facts... also i have great deal on bandies guys, only 100 per bandaid....

i forgot they implemented 14 diffferent types of wool into the loot pool on top of the original and didn't set the original to drop at any more of an increase above the new ones.... see another failed example.. did you forget before the wand patch... only id wands dropped from mobs ? cause you sound literally ******** with that rebuttal literally stop talking.... now if they did add x amount of bandies with different effects.. yes that could be sold at 100 per... cause the loot pool was switched... you sir... need to reenter school.. cuse nothing I said was wrong.. you just fail to understand the marketplace and or economics in general...

Lyxx

Expert
As it happens I had 50 ID wands lying around just for fun (finally a benefit to being a hoarder) and will now put one on a vendor for 100gp per charge...

Expendable

Master
It's a perfect example, but i can understand how it would go over your head. You can get bandies for FREE(If you really wanted to) as you can get item ID for FREE!!!! AMAZING!!!

no... just no... please don't have children... you are beyond repairable... it is no wheres near even an example... its literally the exact opposite of a basic example....

its an example that you have no idea what you are talking about

Expendable

Master
As it happens I had 50 ID wands lying around just for fun (finally a benefit to being a hoarder) and will now put one on a vendor for 100gp per charge...

And you WILL sell them, to people that don't have forum accounts, or people who are new to Ultima Online in general. I'm not saying they wouldn't sell, its just the difference of maybe helping out a new player, or taking advantage, honestly the UO way IS to take advantage so I'm not suprised.

the ethy scam became a bannable thing...( shitty thing to happen ) that is nothing like the wand issue though.

supply and demand can set these wands at whatever price you want.
no one is forced to buy
and if you want the luxury of having a wand.. and not being able to dono

than suck it up and pay for that persons Lucky farm cause its quite rare to get more than 1 id wand a day now...
and your paying for it... newb or vet.. you have to set a standard.. you don't change your prices due to someone rank in society... you set a rate...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyxx

Expert
I don't believe you when you say the ethy scam is a bannable offense unless you link to proof

that's why they made ethys in a trde glow green now..( go test it ) . other than normal hue... I have bought countless ethys... before the green hue it was a scary time...

Lyxx

Expert
Just listen for the llama sound when the trade opens. But I still don't believe that it has become a bannable offense. What's your source?

go read the patch notes... before the color change it became a bannable thing ( scamming for dono is illegal and on the rule page.. deff bannable ) and they fall under the dono exception even if they didn't have a ethy.. using dono coin items or dono coins themselves in any act of deception is illegal... dono items cant be used to scam... you cant buy an promised ethy from someone and it end up being a horse or llama ( real ) you can report them

Lyxx

Expert
It wasn't bannable when I was scammed like one and a half year ago. Ok so I wasn't a complete newb, but in terms of the ethy trick I was. I made a forum post and all, had the chars real name.

ya idr when they changed the rule pages. *( they do it a lot ) so its always good to check on shit like that when it happens. shane doesn't take anything related to dono scams kindly ( only good thing I have to say )

tonkLoD

Grandmaster
whatrever high amount you can get per.. tbh I see them fly off vendors even at 100 per for the convenience of being able to id on the road without using 100 skill points........... you don't use an id wand on shit mob drops either unless you are stupid... only higher end monsters/chests... ive yet to get any weps not worth 100 gold selling to a vendor even.. when using a wand.. lol so tbh sell it at whatever rate you want. see them sell in yew vendors for anywhere from 50 gold per to 100 gold per. charge.. all over multiple vendors... and they sell fast. but I also filled a basement full of 2 crates of id wands myself cause I knew when wands patch came in they would fuck the drop rate somehow of all wands in there *random* algorithm.
any mob can still give u an accurate only weapon. i killed this balron. war hammer magic! oh fuck accurate. -100g.

Expendable

Master
any mob can still give u an accurate only weapon. i killed this balron. war hammer magic! oh fuck accurate. -100g.

I generally only kill high end mobs, Shadow wyrms, Balrons, ancient liches, blood eles. Stuff like that, the average is about one vanq. wep per 25-30 weps. Id'd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahuk

Apprentice
It's true everyone can get it for free... Personally i'd rather get a new toon for this then pay 100 gold per use.

If prices are accepted by customers then there's nothing we can do about it, if it's really above a reasonable price then it will eventually go down.

I think for newcomers it may be quite a harsh system. When you are not used to having many toons and have to sacrifice some points while still managing to know all the skills properly, maybe still figuring out what to do with an unidentified item... it seems harsh.

At least for me it took a long time before i accepted in my mind how all the systems worked altogether.

Yoko Kurama

Master
My question is, can they fix id item so it does the whole container at gm, like every other server? I like that the wands are a bit more scarce, but making us click 100 items is just silly!. Is this something we could switch/change?
@Swayze