Archery Template

Godsrage

Grandmaster
it would be nice if we had the 120 max skills and stats for the player but the GM do not wont them in the game

halv

Grandmaster
Nice, no heal but defense wrestling. Dropping the bow will still give you a dodge skill. Why not dropping Meditation for Healing?

drasked

Grandmaster
Nice, no heal but defense wrestling. Dropping the bow will still give you a dodge skill. Why not dropping Meditation for Healing?

I run with 100 25 100, i dont feel dex does a lot for this template. Also a big portion of the damage is from magery+eval.

It looks like this in group formation:

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
you're gonna hate, but as a primary pvm archer, I recently GM'd poisoning to test it with infected wounds relic, and it's surprisingly good in my opinion. main reason being that it procs at any range, so if you're killing high end mobs with lots of HP that would destroy a melee char hence using archery, the constant 26 damage ticks are nice especially with archery wiff rate, and once the poison ends, the infected cooldown is usually up or close to it

that being said, don't get arms lore, after several times of testing with/without arms lore, I notice no difference than just using a +20 or +25 accuracy bow

current template:

100 Archery
100 Poisoning
100 Tactics
100 Anat
100 Healing
100 Resist
60 Magery
60 Hiding

I'm considering dropping hiding and getting GM magery to text how good In Nox spell is with poisoning, but no eval int

halv

Grandmaster
I run with 100 25 100, i dont feel dex does a lot for this template. Also a big portion of the damage is from magery+eval.

Nice, but it's more a mage with a bow. Main skills are magery skills. I think a archery template is more like a dexxer with healing and all dexxer stuff.

you're gonna hate, but as a primary pvm archer, I recently GM'd poisoning to test it with infected wounds relic, and it's surprisingly good in my opinion. main reason being that it procs at any range, so if you're killing high end mobs with lots of HP that would destroy a melee char hence using archery, the constant 26 damage ticks are nice especially with archery wiff rate, and once the poison ends, the infected cooldown is usually up or close to it

What about Tread and Phase Shift? I got that template once and i dropped Archery for swordmanship because i got phase shift relic, tread was useless until then too. The Zerker got 50% damage bonus at level 10. The Rogue got 130% dmg bonus with xbows. I think the rogue is more the main archery talisman.

my 5 cents

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
I probably will never add phase shift because that would be shitty with archery, I would add tread if I found one but wont spend any money on it

first off, xbows are absolutely terrible weapons in general, I wouldn't want to be forced to use them exclusively, and double strike/infected wounds make up for the damage

Phrygian

Master
what is the best Archery Template that you know of in the game

For PvM I've had a blast with:
Archery
Tactics
Healing
Anatomy
Music
Provocation
Hiding

Works awesomely, can kill Paragon Dragons etc no problem. I was super fast and easy to level (I leveled almost all of the skills at the Bard Table in a day).

I Use 100 STR 100 Dex 25 Int

Slayer bows are super easy and cheap to find if you shop around. I found most Expertly Crafted ones for around 2k-3k each for the ones I use the most (Dragon Slayer, Silver, Respond) and plenty of other Expertly Crafted lesser ones for 500g. Just had to shop around a lot. I even found a bag with almost 30 Slayer bows on a vendor for 10k. Another vendor with Expert. Dragon Slayer bows for 999g, bought like 20 of them.

DrSaso

Master
For PvM ...snip...

That's what I've been running and do find it fun :D

Paragon dragons and elder/greater dragons i find pretty tough though. As they can pretty much one hit or two hit combo me to grey screen lol

They'll either manage to gank me in the 1sec it takes to run on screen and provo them both....or I'll get the provo off, but they will still attack me while walking to eachother... And then i have to start again. Think ping might have something to do with it.... but who knows xD

Last edited:
For Champ spawns and PvE

Rogue Talisman

Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Fencing
Hiding
Stealth

Once done working the talisman, you could drop the fencing for Magic Resist.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster

that being said, don't get arms lore, after several times of testing with/without arms lore, I notice no difference than just using a +20 or +25 accuracy bow

current template:

100 Archery
100 Poisoning
100 Tactics
100 Anat
100 Healing
100 Resist
60 Magery
60 Hiding

I'm considering dropping hiding and getting GM magery to text how good In Nox spell is with poisoning, but no eval int

forget about poisoning.. after much testing, it is totally pointless to use with archery for infected wounds bonus. you do 26 damage a tick max whether have poisoning or not, and its always proc'ing either way

I trade poisoning for more hiding and stealth now