Anyone do a RDA without a tamer?

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
I've seen them done, I've heard them done. But never without 2 giant dragons taking the hits.

Anyone done one without one?

I'm a bug fan of uof and am in no way opening a door to me shit talking.

But if I gotta call a tamer to do an rda 2 things are true 1 I need to meet more tamers and 2 I'm disappointed.
If I had a set of reptilian slayer armor maybe my skepticism would be lower.

But if I gotta wait on tamers to farm enough hammers to make a set of slayer armor that reaches my fingers. I'm disappointed.

<3

Feedback from bards that have got one down?

Once again. No hate here. Not shit talking. Love the expansion. Love the shard.
I am smoking right now. So half of this is some high random stuff.

Fade to black

Doobey

TheGooch

Master
I've seen them done, I've heard them done. But never without 2 giant dragons taking the hits.

Anyone done one without one?

I'm a bug fan of uof and am in no way opening a door to me shit talking.

But if I gotta call a tamer to do an rda 2 things are true 1 I need to meet more tamers and 2 I'm disappointed.
If I had a set of reptilian slayer armor maybe my skepticism would be lower.

But if I gotta wait on tamers to farm enough hammers to make a set of slayer armor that reaches my fingers. I'm disappointed.

<3

Feedback from bards that have got one down?

Once again. No hate here. Not shit talking. Love the expansion. Love the shard.
I am smoking right now. So half of this is some high random stuff.

Fade to black

Doobey
Need tamers for sure. I was in one earlier and there were 3 tamers in there. If they weren't in there, it wasn't going to be done. Also, I couldn't provo anything on the boss but I could provo the boss onto them(bone knighs, LLs, etc.). Some things definitely changed since the xpac released, could provo the arch ice fiends, now I can't.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Need tamers for sure. I was in one earlier and there were 3 tamers in there. If they weren't in there, it wasn't going to be done. Also, I couldn't provo anything on the boss but I could provo the boss onto them(bone knighs, LLs, etc.). Some things definitely changed since the xpac released, could provo the arch ice fiends, now I can't.
Yeah I was just really looking forward to 5 man dungeon runs were u build a nice group of competent people and hammer it out. I was kinda shocked at 2 rooms of dragon food. Back to tmaps... Cov 4 is cool though I like it a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harken110

Expert
Yeah I was just really looking forward to 5 man dungeon runs were u build a nice group of competent people and hammer it out. I was kinda shocked at 2 rooms of dragon food. Back to tmaps... Cov 4 is cool though I like it a lot.

Honestly, in my history of UO and from what I can remember, no other template other than tamers and provokers were capable of fighting out the big baddest of the game. Well sure you could bring numbers but it wasn't worthwhile when you had to share the loot. It's the one thing I didn't like about UO, it's pve was never that great. It's tamer/provoke or die. The only other options were fishing and t-hunting.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Honestly, in my history of UO and from what I can remember, no other template other than tamers and provokers were capable of fighting out the big baddest of the game. Well sure you could bring numbers but it wasn't worthwhile when you had to share the loot. It's the one thing I didn't like about UO, it's pve was never that great. It's tamer/provoke or die. The only other options were fishing and t-hunting.
I'm a bard and I can't do one I can't do one with another bard. I can't do one with 2 other bards :(
I'm not hating. They obviously weren't made for me. They were made for tamers.

I was just bummed cause I thought they were making something else.
I just kinda assumed the ability to get the legendary hammer shards wouldnt be limited to tamers.

I'm good at Barding ill keep doing ingenious maps and such.
And werewolves/pheonixes when justice board is running strong

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
I've been in 2 conversations with tamers about these rdas.
And both if them were like "oh u don't have a tamer? Well then your fucking up."
Lol

I had a beast tamer on uo back in my day. Had my perfect stat wws. I don't remember pet bonding being around... But they never died. I just slapped bandages on them and looted stuff.

I can do that here I reckon.

I mean its a Lil late in the game as far as rdas as it will take me a couple weeks to prep a tamer.

I just don't wanna. I prolly will.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Barding is clearly more fun. I had a perfect provo archer and I turned him into a tamer. I'm at 82 and not only does it take forever to raise, farming with pets is boring as fuck. Not even working on it anymore, just waiting to get some gold to buy 15 ss straight.

-_-

I miss my bows.

Alan

Apprentice
It is true that the rdas are probably too difficult without either a sizable group or tamers... It is always difficult to balance end game Pvm without simply excluding tamers... In thinking about it now, though, we could possibly do something where there is a chance for an rda to be no tamers bards or summons, which also means the mobs won't hit as hard or have as many hit points probably, thereby making that particular rda really only suitable for regular dexters and Mage characters...

I like the idea... Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nihilism

Grandmaster
It is true that the rdas are probably too difficult without either a sizable group or tamers... It is always difficult to balance end game Pvm without simply excluding tamers... In thinking about it now, though, we could possibly do something where there is a chance for an rda to be no tamers bards or summons, which also means the mobs won't hit as hard or have as many hit points probably, thereby making that particular rda really only suitable for regular dexters and Mage characters...

I like the idea... Hmmm.

Yeah, something along the lines of a "skill check" Which takes the averages...
Again, it's up to you and the coding for that kinda stuff.

Harken110

Expert

I like the idea... Hmmm.

If that is the case then wouldn't the tamers just go their if it means efficient farming than RDA's?

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster

I like the idea... Hmmm.

Well I wouldn't wanna exclude any type of play styles. But if you could reduce pet hp and damage by 50% and decrease monster ho by 20% and monster dmg by 40% it would be more appealing to me.

But I realize this game isn't custom to me nor would I want it to be. U make it ill play it. Just as is there's no way I'm stepping foot in without a tamer.
And I know better then to say the names. But the only thing I miss from the other mmos I've played were the 5 man instance runs.

If at some point yall could make us a couple private 5 man's with bosses and trash. I'd appreciate it. <3

My sampire would probably rock a RDA Solo, Whilrwind, mana leech weps, and some armor ignores up in the house.....But, that's a little outside of this Old Skool Shard, and that's ok! Or my ABC archer (pre-sampire OP template) still a little to far out there. We should have chiv, necro ninja bushido on here though........Man I'm such a noob trammy! But I digress, these things are totally do-able with a sampire, or (gasp) a whammy! But "f" those gargoyles and those dumb flapping wings! A nice swamp dragon with armor would be sweet though.....And so, I end my non-productive comment.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
My sampire would probably rock a RDA Solo, Whilrwind, mana leech weps, and some armor ignores up in the house.....But, that's a little outside of this Old Skool Shard, and that's ok! Or my ABC archer (pre-sampire OP template) still a little to far out there. We should have chiv, necro ninja bushido on here though........Man I'm such a noob trammy! But I digress, these things are totally do-able with a sampire, or (gasp) a whammy! But "f" those gargoyles and those dumb flapping wings! A nice swamp dragon with armor would be sweet though.....And so, I end my non-productive comment.
I dunno what your talking about as I quit uo about 5 days after trammel was invented. But I don't like none of those words lol

Oh! A sampire uses some necro skills to turn mana leech weapons into life. So, every time your mana leach weapon mod kicks in, you get a percentage of the mana as life. So, if you have a weapon with whirlwind, it hits every mob in the 8 tiles around you, so the more mobs attacking you the better! Also, you could increase your DPS on single bad guys by using Honor, and in the end you hit for 300 damage increase, and hit for Armor ignores, is epic! but long and short is, sampires do champs solo, no tamer required. They actually do almost anything solo, well they did, I think EA has been trying to nerf them recently. Also, you made your suit with things like mana increase and lower mana cost, and if you were lucky swing speed increase, all so that you could swing your weapon at max speed no matter how much stamina you had. it's fun, a lot of special moves and such to manage, so it could get a little out of hand. all impossible on here as no mods for armor and such.

The ABC Archer was Anatomy Bushido Chivalry, and you would use chiv spells to increase your damage output, and bushido to make your hits land more often and faster, ah yeah, those were the days!

Also, ninja on a thief! you steal and shape shift to a 3 tailed fox, who could move very fast while stealthed, good times!

I do like here too though