Alternatives to bard table for GM provo

SWARM

Expert
If someone knows how to doubleclick your instrument by type, that would be very helpful. I couldn't get it to work for me though.

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
If someone knows how to doubleclick your instrument by type, that would be very helpful. I couldn't get it to work for me though.
In razor you just record your macro, then afterwards right click on the double click your instrument, then convert to by type.

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
When you record it, you should see something like Double Click (0x40F4805d)

After hitting stop on your recording, right click that. And select Convert to DClick by Type, and it will switch to Double Click (lap harp (0EB2))

edit - if that doesn't work, you can go into your macros folder and manually edit the macro in Notepad

Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3762|True

That's for lap harps

Last edited by a moderator:

Dig'em

Grandmaster
I have a few friends who I tried to get into this game that quit after it taking so long to GM Provo cuz of scrub reds killing them :p scruuuuuuuuuuuubs lol

Henrik

Master
Just go back to the Bard's Table. I've GMed 3 toons there. PK's suck but its part of the game.

There are pkers and there are pkers. I don't mind the existance of pkers, they create balance. But these idiots killing people that are just training their skills are just purely bad for the shard.

Seriously... I have been thinking about changing shard alot of times due to this problem as I see it, because I have never used a shard before that had so many of this kind of pkers. These people makes me so f*cking angry...

Last edited by a moderator:

Puuraidur

Novice
Could this macro be improved or is it good (razor)?

Double Click (lap harp)
UseSkill Provocation
Wait for Target (2 sec)
Target by Type 155 <- Rotting corpse
Wait for Target (2 sec)
Exec: Target Self
Pause 10,30 sec

@Henrik You need to add a if/else sysmsg "what instrument shall you play" - so it wont stay stuck if your tool breaks :)

Puuraidur

Novice
Is that really needed if using By Type on the instrument? :)
You burn through more instruments with your macro, if that is an issue for you that is :p
My macro would be something like this:

Use skill provo
if sysmsg "what instru..."
pause 0.50
target instrument
pause 0.50
else
pause 0.50
target monster type
pause 0.50
target self
pause 10

Henrik

Master
One thing that I haven't read anywhere but noticed myself is that one gain faster if using Exceptional crafted instruments. Actually big difference! It may also be a good thing to use Silver instruments when provocing Rotting corpse but I'm not sure on that.

Henrik

Master
You burn through more instruments with your macro, if that is an issue for you that is :p
My macro would be something like this:

Use skill provo
if sysmsg "what instru..."
pause 0.50
target instrument
pause 0.50
else
pause 0.50
target monster type
pause 0.50
target self
pause 10

Ah now I understand. Yeah, that seems like a good idea. Thanks :)

halygon

Grandmaster
One thing that I haven't read anywhere but noticed myself is that one gain faster if using Exceptional crafted instruments. Actually big difference! It may also be a good thing to use Silver instruments when provocing Rotting corpse but I'm not sure on that.
This not really true.

Exceptional instruments essentially give you the same success rate as if your bard skill level was 10 points higher (slayer is 20). So based upon where your skill is, this extra boost may actually put you in a sweet spot in regards to skill gain. It can also in other situations put you into a bad spot. It all depends on what the barding difficulty is of the mob you are provoking.

Fuschino

Adept
There are pkers and there are pkers. I don't mind the existance of pkers, they create balance. But these idiots killing people that are just training their skills are just purely bad for the shard.

Seriously... I have been thinking about changing shard alot of times due to this problem as I see it, because I have never used a shard before that had so many of this kind of pkers. These people makes me so f*cking angry...

Honestly, this is part of the game here. No one likes it. But to change it would mean tinkering with a system that is as perfect as anything I've played since pre trammel on osi. When a pk rolls through the bard table all you should be losing is instruments that might cost 100gp to replace. It sucks to lose the time but it's really not a big deal. If you need some instruments pm me and I'll hook you up.

Bilb Ono

Expert
Why has the rotting corpse at Vesper GY been removed? Is it to make it harder to GM provocation?

You started this thread on November 7th, It took me like 8 hours to GM provo, maybe you should put the pause in your macro down from 6-7 hours to 10.5 seconds....