A Possible Solution to The Problem of PvP

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
I tend to create one thread per topic or idea and remain in that thread. It seems strange that you, who clearly doesn't want to read this "constant nagging", would remain "in these threads" reading "posts and posts" about the "same thing". Exercise some free will and ignore these threads then?

All your nagging and complaining might effect my game style or game play. I guess even you...the self proclaimed savior for UOF PVP, the champion for untold victims of pk's and the resident know it all- you must surely see that?

toddyboi

Master
Only trammie PvP I can suggest is staff reset the event leaderboard and start actively hosting PvP events for the newer players. Vets will still probably be higher on the leaderboard but newer players can still slowly add points. For "rewards" you could have a stone at wbb that you can trade your points in for certain items.

batman

Grandmaster
Yes.. From his first post thats what most have seen.. He can not or don't want to adapt to 2018 uo.. Its like hes trying to turn uo forever into a completely different game.. Gimme gimme oh and no template i can adapt to so all you elite suk..
All your nagging and complaining might effect my game style or game play. I guess even you...the self proclaimed savior for UOF PVP, the champion for untold victims of pk's and the resident know it all- you must surely see that?

Thoughts and reflections:
  1. How the fuck is this thread 15 pages? Probably a big troll tbh
  2. No point at all in this thread, except as entertainment while on the can
  3. Curious who @Winstonian's in-game PVP chars are... asking for a PK friend
  4. Enjoyed the fact that it even pissed off the Orc RPers
  5. Loved the joke @Bromista is trying to play saying he PVPs well
  6. On a more serious note.....

....how the fuck is this 15 pages?

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Yes.. From his first post thats what most have seen.. He can not or don't want to adapt to 2018 uo.. Its like hes trying to turn uo forever into a completely different game.. Gimme gimme oh and no template i can adapt to so all you elite suk..
Huh? I have no problem adapting. I made a build that has been relatively successful. I just have no incentive, nor interest, in getting ganked by groups as a solo player. Having an incentive for solo players to participate would greatly benefit UOF. I mean, I've only said this over and over again.

girana

Grandmaster
Huh? I have no problem adapting. I made a build that has been relatively successful. I just have no incentive, nor interest, in getting ganked by groups as a solo player. Having an incentive for solo players to participate would greatly benefit UOF. I mean, I've only said this over and over again.

if you want to be a solo player but dont want to be gank most of UO is the wrong game for you.

Trading at WBB and PvP in the pits are the only spots that seems fit your needs.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
if you want to be a solo player but dont want to be gank most of UO is the wrong game for you.

Trading at WBB and PvP in the pits are the only spots that seems fit your needs.
How ridiculous... and you're completely wrong.

I'm clearly talking about structured PvP. On UOF, it caters to groups. That wasn't always the case: there used to be plenty of solo players (and fights) in O/C, and even factions boasted more for solo PvP. There are also clear and obvious ways to bring solo players to structured PvP on UOF.

If UOF is your first UO stop, then I get it... but please don't pretend that UOF is UO. It's one server with different mechanics and features than other/past UO servers. And you - frankly - sound like an idiot making statements like "UO is the wrong game for you", to someone who started playing UO in 1998.

toddyboi

Master

I'm clearly talking about structured PvP. On UOF, it caters to groups. That wasn't always the case: there used to be plenty of solo players (and fights) in O/C, and even factions boasted more for solo PvP. There are also clear and obvious ways to bring solo players to structured PvP on UOF.

If UOF is your first UO stop, then I get it... but please don't pretend that UOF is UO. It's one server with different mechanics and features than other/past UO servers. And you - frankly - sound like an idiot making statements like "UO is the wrong game for you", to someone who started playing UO in 1998.
Only person who sounds like an idiot is you bud. I'm sure your chances of getting pked has increased 10 fold from these threads lol.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Only person who sounds like an idiot is you bud. I'm sure your chances of getting pked has increased 10 fold from these threads lol.
... what does that even mean? Like the trashy PKs here, who attack PvM chars on sight, would see me on a PvM char and... attack... me... harder? That may have been the worst middle school nonsense insult I've read on the UOF forums, which is pretty amazing.

toddyboi

Master
... what does that even mean? Like the trashy PKs here, who attack PvM chars on sight, would see me on a PvM char and... attack... me... harder? That may have been the worst middle school nonsense insult I've read on the UOF forums, which is pretty amazing.
An insult from me would be harden the fuck up and learn how to PvP, uof isn't going to change for you because you don't wish to adapt to the style of PvP here. You can easily find 1v1 fights here if you go out and look for it or even ask in discord. From reading everyone's post they're sick of your parrot like responses.
@halygon can you end this thread PLZ!

batman

Grandmaster
and there it is ...someone took your golds and pixels

Winstonian

Grandmaster
An insult from me would be harden the fuck up and learn how to PvP, uof isn't going to change for you because you don't wish to adapt to the style of PvP here. You can easily find 1v1 fights here if you go out and look for it or even ask in http://discord.uoforever.com. From reading everyone's post they're sick of your parrot like responses.
I don't need to learn how to rely on expl pots and stun punch for kills on UOF... I'm good. It's a diluted, bastardized version of UO PvP, and a number of veteran players have come here and made the same observation.

You know, when UOF PvP continued to "evolve" and tamers dominated the field, the "PvP Elite" flocked to the forums and begged for nerfs. You know, "learn to play" and "adapt" - so long as it fits my playstyle. If not, it better get nerfed until it does.

Cowards.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
And I also love this. Degrade and condescend members of the forum for making theads and having ideas that you make the choice to read, then call for the moderators to close those threads. It's such a common ploy on the forums: have the "PvP Elite" flame a poster until a thread is locked, thereby silencing other player's opinions that conflict with your own.

Can't just state you dislike the topic and move on... you have to attack the poster and his ideas, then turn around and beg for a moderator to run over and lock it.

@halygon Can you please do the right thing and advise those involved to keep the discussion on the topic at hand, and not close this thread? It's a legitimate opinion from a member of UOF, and it has its place here.

girana

Grandmaster

UO PVP always cater groups its a open world you can bring as much ppl you want thats always cater big groups.

UO of 1998 isnt UO 2018 its just diffrent games dosnt matter what you change you cant turn back the time.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Like the idea or not, the heat Winstonian is catching is weak as fuck lol

Sorry you had a thought, man.

Hey at least a staff member was interested in having a discussion?

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
I don't think there is an issue with someone firing out an idea or suggesting a change. But insulting groups of players for their play style, insinuating cheating and uttering antagonizing or childish taunts like "elite pvper" and "leet" isn't going to win you support or add any credibility to your suggestion.