9000 donation coins

TheGooch

Master
Money talks. The fact that this happened before in other cases with nothing being done and now this happening speaks volumes.

Kiki

Grandmaster
its not my fault I got offered 500k more dude, move on and quit making such a big deal when you got 30m in the bank. I'll shut you up when you trade with my alt now wont I? you'll do any business I decide to do with you as long as Buchanan isn't above my head. :)
Wow, what a shithead move.

A) You're an absolute douche for creating a selling price, agreeing to sell it for that price, dropping the coins, HAVING THE PERSON YOU AGREED TO SELL THEM TO HELP YOU GET THEM BACK, and then stabbing them right in the chest to sell the coins for more money to someone else.

We all know douche isn't the best word to use, but I'd rather not get a forum ban. Oh, and ...

B) You didn't get 1.9 for 9k coins. No. No you didn't. Stop thinking of your Billy Big Balls reply right there and just let it go. You didn't.

And finally...

C) Welcome to the server. I envision a wonderful time for you here.

Kiki.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster

A) You're an absolute douche for creating a selling price, agreeing to sell it for that price, dropping the coins, HAVING THE PERSON YOU AGREED TO SELL THEM TO HELP YOU GET THEM BACK, and then stabbing them right in the chest to sell the coins for more money to someone else.

We all know douche isn't the best word to use, but I'd rather not get a forum ban. Oh, and ...

B) You didn't get 1.9 for 9k coins. No. No you didn't. Stop thinking of your Billy Big Balls reply right there and just let it go. You didn't.

And finally...

Kiki.
I swear I was leaving this thread....

Just when I thought I was out....it pulled me back in.

So short story about keeping your name intact.
Earlier in the week I made an offer on a powerscroll. The gentleman accepted.
Then he vanishes for a day and a half with no contact.
Another gentleman offers me the same price.
I accept as I figure the first guy has backed out.

The origional guy then flags me down in game and sells me the scroll from 2 days prior.

Now in this exact spot 70% of you either ignore gentleman 2 or tell him nevermind.

The upper crust buy the second scroll.... Cause we said we would.

In my situation gentleman 2 said np and sold it to someone else... But once you confirm a deal.... Stand by it no matter what.
Or u will likely find yourself with a sub par reputation.

TheGooch

Master
its not my fault I got offered 500k more dude, move on and quit making such a big deal when you got 30m in the bank. I'll shut you up when you trade with my alt now wont I? you'll do any business I decide to do with you as long as Buchanan isn't above my head. :)
How so? A lot of sales are done on the forums and mostly everyone who reads here knows what happened. Probably better off getting a new forum name at this point.

Lexington

Grandmaster

And finally...

Kiki.

Kiki get off your high horse! This guy would have gotten his coins back whither Famara helped him or not. Famara was helping for his own selfish reasons the same way any of us would including ME! Buchanan also acted the same way any of us would if we were new to the server and someone offered us a better deal. He doesn’t know Famara or his reputation this guy just wanted to maximise his investment, can you blame him?

Kiki

Grandmaster
Kiki get off your high horse! This guy would have gotten his coins back whither Famara helped him or not. Famara was helping for his own selfish reasons the same way any of us would including ME! Buchanan also acted the same way any of us would if we were new to the server and someone offered us a better deal. He doesn’t know Famara or his reputation this guy just wanted to maximise his investment, can you blame him?
Not a high horse Lex, and although I disagree, I can appreciate your opinion.

Take the dropping of the coins out of it. He created a thread, made his own sale price, agreed to sell to someone for that amount, met them at the docks, and then screwed that person over after getting a higher offer. Douche move.

I would have said something if those were the only facts in play. They weren't.

The buyer does have something at stake. He agreed to purchase those items. He helped to get those items back, and then for his time and troubles, he gets the shaft. Another douche move by the seller.

There is no high horse here, and for you to say Buchanan did what any of us would do, then you haven't read the thread properly. Off the top of my head and without looking back I could name at least half a dozen people in this thread alone that wouldn't even entertain the idea of fucking someone over like that. If you would, that's you. Not me. When I make rules to an auction, I keep them. When I buy from someone that specifies rules, I expect them to keep them. If not, my dealings with them are done.

Please don't speak for all of us when you say you'd do the same thing this guy did. It drags us all down.

Lexington

Grandmaster

Take the dropping of the coins out of it. He created a thread, made his own sale price, agreed to sell to someone for that amount, met them at the docks, and then screwed that person over after getting a higher offer. Douche move.

I would have said something if those were the only facts in play. They weren't.

The buyer does have something at stake. He agreed to purchase those items. He helped to get those items back, and then for his time and troubles, he gets the shaft. Another douche move by the seller.

There is no high horse here, and for you to say Buchanan did what any of us would do, then you haven't read the thread properly. Off the top of my head and without looking back I could name at least half a dozen people in this thread alone that wouldn't even entertain the idea of fucking someone over like that. If you would, that's you. Not me. When I make rules to an auction, I keep them. When I buy from someone that specifies rules, I expect them to keep them. If not, my dealings with them are done.

Please don't speak for all of us when you say you'd do the same thing this guy did. It drags us all down.

Yeah sorry “High Horse” was a bit rude... you are usually so nice on the forms this one caught me off guard!

FAMARA

Grandmaster

Off the top of my head and without looking back I could name at least half a dozen people in this thread alone that wouldn't even entertain the idea of fucking someone over like that. If you would, that's you. Not me. When I make rules to an auction, I keep them. When I buy from someone that specifies rules, I expect them to keep them. If not, my dealings with them are done.

if someone took the time to pm on irc, all gms and everything for me to help get my coins back, after i was sure they were gone, dude would have surely got a discount from me lol,he didnt even have irc. woulda been hard for him to get the coins back without someone messaging for him.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Lex. You donate your way through the game. Ok. We get it. You're trying to spin any kind of lame justification angle on this that you can. We get it.

For those of us that play the game and earn our shit, this is a no-brainer.
The re-sell to a higher person, even after Famara did everything he could to help the situation is blatantly ridiculous.

Famara being selfish? For wanting the deal that was made to go through? Fuck man, at least try to make some sense if you're going to try to defend a losing case. Random bullshit doesn't quite cut it.

To people that put forth time/effort in this game, all the while having fun, this should make sense to even the most dense.

Your desire to defend him on both of the issues are laughable at best.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Lex. You donate your way through the game. Ok. We get it. You're trying to spin any kind of lame justification angle on this that you can. We get it.

For those of us that play the game and earn our shit, this is a no-brainer.
The re-sell to a higher person, even after Famara did everything he could to help the situation is blatantly ridiculous.

Famara being selfish? For wanting the deal that was made to go through? Fuck man, at least try to make some sense if you're going to try to defend a losing case. Random bullshit doesn't quite cut it.

To people that put forth time/effort in this game, all the while having fun, this should make sense to even the most dense.

Your desire to defend him on both of the issues are laughable at best.

It’s fine if you want to put me on the hot seat, I’m ok with it. I don’t know you or your play style. So I don’t know how you figure you know me and or my play style?
I donate you're damn rights and I’m not ashamed to say so… remember without the “ME’s” there are no “YOU’s”. I want this shard to last a very long time… and if it takes me donating from time to time for that to happen I will. In saying that it doesn’t mean I haven’t earned my way on this or any other shards I’ve played.

Back to the topic:

Yes the guy made a deal and then went back on his word… maybe he’ll pay the price long term and maybe he won’t. It wasn’t that long ago I had the same thing happen to me… a deal went sideways over a robe. I was pissed at first and wanted the worst for that player but I soon realized it’s just a game of pixels and came to my senses. Should he have told FAMARA he had a better offer, sure. FAMARA might have matched it (not at the posted deal price but maybe the real) Would FAMARA have helped him even if he wasn’t involved in the trade? Knowing FAMARA’s reputation I’d put money on it the he would have. No one wants to see a new player get screwed right off as they will quit and never come back. Who knows these two may make huge deals down the road and this incident will have never mattered. As far as the GM’s call I support it %100 and it’s not a kiss ass move.

Last edited by a moderator:

buchanan

Neophyte
you people are acting like I robbed someone at gun point lol, someone invited me to party and told me what they thought of fara and offered me 1.825m for all 10k of my coins, so I took it. big deal right? apparently. truth is that person told me to give some kind of excuse why I wanted to keep the coins now because I had changed my mind. but im a grown man and I don't lie so i told fara I got offered more and I was selling to someone else. then I ignored his whining about it. I could care less who wants to trip. and I appreciate some of the people who have had my back not knowing me. I don't appreciate all the insults from people who also don't know me. im not a bad guy, I didn't try to screw anyone. I appreciate fara's help but I don't think he is the sole reason I was given back the coins either. I don't have a single enemy from this situation but looks like a lot of you do now. that's your choice, my life goes on.

Lexington

Grandmaster
you people are acting like I robbed someone at gun point lol, someone invited me to party and told me what they thought of fara and offered me 1.825m for all 10k of my coins, so I took it. big deal right? apparently. truth is that person told me to give some kind of excuse why I wanted to keep the coins now because I had changed my mind. but im a grown man and I don't lie so i told fara I got offered more and I was selling to someone else. then I ignored his whining about it. I could care less who wants to trip. and I appreciate some of the people who have had my back not knowing me. I don't appreciate all the insults from people who also don't know me. im not a bad guy, I didn't try to screw anyone. I appreciate fara's help but I don't think he is the sole reason I was given back the coins either. I don't have a single enemy from this situation but looks like a lot of you do now. that's your choice, my life goes on.

No enemies here... If people held grudges no one would do business with anyone... this will all be forgotten in less than a week!

BTW... if you got that much for the coins GOOD JOB!