30 Sec Delay Between Leave House Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

halygon

Grandmaster
Looks like we now have a 30sec delay on the leave house command. Try it yourself, leave house then reenter and try to use it again.

SidX

Grandmaster
Not sure what to think about it, I use this a lot on my thief when stealthing into people's houses to steal from them to insta-leave and dash. I think 30sec is reasonable but can't think of any logical benefit it adds to the server??

halygon

Grandmaster
Not sure what to think about it, I use this a lot on my thief when stealthing into people's houses to steal from them to insta-leave and dash. I think 30sec is reasonable but can't think of any logical benefit it adds to the server??
IKR, I would think a 2sec delay on the time you use the command and when you actually leave the house would be sufficient, but we will see how this works.

steve-o

Grandmaster
I really like this change but unfortunately noone marked it in the patch notes or anything... I noticed it on friday

kyleakira

Master
So the delay is for the second attempt to leave the house? I would add a delay of 10 seconds once you click on leave house command till you are finally out. Too many PVPers abuse it

SidX

Grandmaster
I truly don't understand how it could be abused. Its just a mechanic that is available to everyone.
I agree.. since when was "Leave House" a PvP tactic? Other than just to leave a house easily, I can only think of it being useful for thieves who sneak into a house to steal and then quickly dash when the doors are locked on the way out.. but that can't really be abused. But for PvP, it's beyond me..?

halygon

Grandmaster
fight kaz and you'll learn how this can be used :)

he fucked so many with leave house from towers :D
I have and I understand how it is used for PvP -- if you are being ganked, you can run into houses and leave house to get away. You can use it to jump from one side of the house to another in rapid succession when houses are lined up.

Even with all of this, I don't feel it is an issue except with those that do not know how it works. Then again, there are a TON of mechanics in UO that follow that follow that logic and they are not being nerfed.

Don Key

Master
But this still allows it to be abused. Just it can only be used once every 30 seconds now.

I like the idea of a delay on when you actually leave. Even if it is a 3 second delay, it wouldn't be abused.

halygon

Grandmaster
But this still allows it to be abused. Just it can only be used once every 30 seconds now.

I like the idea of a delay on when you actually leave. Even if it is a 3 second delay, it wouldn't be abused.
I'm still not getting how it can be abuse at all. Abuse relates to a player getting an unfair advantage -- in this case, this is just not so.

Don Key

Master
Coming from the guy who complains about GM runners, I'm shocked to hear you don't comprehend this. It can be macroed to warp on house steps.

halygon

Grandmaster
Coming from the guy who complains about GM runners, I'm shocked to hear you don't comprehend this. It can be macroed to warp on house steps.
Ya know. I have never used it for running away in PvP cause well, I never run unless it's a straight up gank.

That said, I do use it quite a bit to jump down to the runebook level of my shop. That is actually how I noticed it. Yes, this change annoys my crafter not pvper.

Don Key

Master
It is used by people to run away.

They warp across the stairs. It shouldn't even be able to be used once for this purpose.

halygon

Grandmaster
It is used by people to run away.

They warp across the stairs. It shouldn't even be able to be used once for this purpose.
I just don't see this as a way to combat runners. I actually find it amusing when people do it - its much more fun than just running through the woods after someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.