2022 Halloween Deco Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faytality

Staff member
4-41063_happy-halloween-wallpaper-background-scary-happy-halloween-background.jpg

2022 Halloween Decoration Contest

The Halloween season is upon us! We are ready to see some spooky house designs created by the players.​

Rules

1. Deadline for submission is October 31st, 11:59PM PST (November 1rst 2:59AM EST/1:59 AM CST/12:59 AM MST). Anything posted after the deadline will be disqualified. (Even if it's late by a second, do NOT be late!)

2. Post all of your screenshots in this thread. Only post contest submissions in this thread.

3. One house per player! Do not try to sneak in side by side houses.

4. Do not enter the same decoration design from previous years or copy from a website. Any house designed by a staff member is not eligible to win. Must be completely player built/designed.

5. This is a decoration contest, having a house designed to fit your theme is good, but some form of Halloween decoration is a must.

6. Post the (X,Y) Coordinates of your house in your post. We will visit each one in person on judgment day. If we can not visit your house, then we can not judge it.

7. WE WILL BE JUDGING ALL AREAS OF THE HOUSE! Utilize your space to the best of your ability.

8. We will only judge actual houses. Islands will not be considered. (Houses placed on islands are ok, as long as staff hasn't had a hand in designing it)

a few tips for success
Have a theme/story to your entry. Example: Pirate themed, dark and gory, and other themes from pop culture. You can also choose to tell a story with the decor. Whatever tickles your fancy! Just make sure it's Halloween related!

Use your space wisely! We judge based off of the ENTIRE house. not just one area. If an area seems to be lacking in sections it will hurt your score. The same is true for over doing it. It will hurt your score if it looks like a box of random Halloween deco exploded all over your house. Quantity<Quality

Small details can make a big impact. Creative use of ordinary items in ways not normally used can easily impress the judges.

Rewards

1664608156772.png

1rst- 10k Dono, Golden Skeleton Pumpkin and Hallowed Book of the Undead. (2153 Iridescent Peacock, blessed silver slayer spellbook)

2nd - Sliver Skeleton Pumpkin and 5k Dono

3rd - Bronze Skeleton Pumpkin and 2.5k Dono

Phrygian

Master
It is no secret that a new dark power has recently been seen across our land, that of the Necromancer. It's power so apparent, bringing back from the dead those who they have slain, to fight alongside them and conquer all in their path. A new champion of dark power and magic is now here with us, and their effect on our world can't be ignored.

For years, I had felt myself drawn to something, a gloomy energy always circling around myself. Often seeing a ghastly specter out of the corner of my eye, only to have it flicker away upon turning my head. I never knew what it was, what to call it, but I could always feel it pulling me closer, year by year.

I now know what it is.

I traveled across the land, listening for whispers in dark seedy alleyways, or of the drunken horror stories of broken men. Eventually, they led me here, to the Hall of the Necromancer.

gRXYLsT.png

Traveling up the steps, I was greeted by an envoy whom took my name and wrote it upon their book, then bid me to enter.

HQJmtGx.png

Inside, a hall of study, and of sacrifice. Tomes of ancient knowledge, and artifacts of great power were all around.

YRjDkFC.png

Some might be aghast at what they saw, but not I. I knew what had drawn me here, and I embraced it fully.

PiVRPQv.png

Up the stairs, another chamber, a study. Great experiments were to be held here.

tacbQmX.png

Outside, sprits roamed, risen from the graves. This was the power that I was seeking. I could feel a voice guiding me to search them out.

lCkfyKd.png

In the tomes that I read, I would later learn that this was a tortured soul of a great and powerful wizard. I would learn to harness their power to grow my own.

ARxLvZj.png

After some time studying with some of the advisors,

SaOkRtI.png

I was beckoned to an ancient tomb that this hall was built on.

KCJGUyt.png

Inside, bones and bodies lay everywhere.

P3k5X7r.png

A demon rose up from a pit in a burst of flames.

KQvF5JB.png

It beckoned me to approach an old statue in the northeast corner.

zLyc5Hj.png

Upon touching it, I was transported. Here, I was in the presence of the lord of all darkness, Mephistopheles, the one who we owed our dark power to. Upon pledging myself to him, I would now join the true ranks of the Necromancer.

YrzjHdm.png

The head of our Necromancer academy rests in a chamber of blood, these sacrifices replenishing his mortal body, giving him near immortal life.

EXaJw4w.png

Lesser demons aid in the torture and sacrifice, to please Mephistopheles.

Wmu1Xp0.png

I have found my place, my home within the darkness that I always saw around me, and embraced it. I now wield true power, that of the Necromancer.

PkJKCDc.png

Thank you for reading my submission this year. The house can be found just north of Trinsic, at 1822, 2554. The entire house is open to the public, please feel free to come check it out. To access the first floor, just walk around the large boulder that seems to be blocking the way in. The cellar is open as well, it's simply 'hidden' behind the medusa statue, some careful clicking should get you in.

Owltears

Neophyte
My name is Tali. I am an apprentice mage in a group of adventurers hired to study the magical storms that have traveled and spread chaos across Sosaria in their wake. We are on an expedition to Compassion Desert, where my tutor, Gragus, concluded with his research that it will be the next storm area.

We did not reach the desert in time to see the storm due to being attacked by the creatures of the swamp. But what laid before us was a strange site. Next to a theater that once put on plays, used to be a house that was used as an inn for the shows. In its place, was a shielded structure, with debris, plants, limbs, and some creature at the top frozen in the air.
FLviUyz.png

Gragus could not cast a dispel strong enough to enter the magical dome. Several blows bounced off the structure without a dent. All of us were stumped for several hours, until Gragus “convinced” a snake person to lend him her staff. The combination of his magic and the magic of the staff caused the magical dome to explode like a balloon.

Only four swordsmen went inside the hedge maze with Gargus and I. I spent more of my time looking up at the frozen gore, debris, and stones floating above me. It reminded me of the snowglobes I would shake as a child. I fell behind the group and found a journal covered in vines on the ground. It detailed someone’s trials of being trapped by the hedge vines, causing me to shake my legs. Gragus called out for me and I left the book behind, tripping over a raised vine before rejoining him and the rest of the group.
VkG58Ux.png

I violently vomited from the smell of the structure. The stench of rotten and festering flesh burned my nose. I was not alone in this as one of the swordsmen leaned against a hedge heaving. Gragus opened the door and hundreds of flies hung in the air. Blood that looked so coladualated paused dripping down the wall. With caution, weapons drawn we ventured forward; minus the one swordsmen still vomiting behind us.

The flies only moved once we touched them, as if breaking some spell. Gragus lead the way through the narrow room full of boxes, warning us to not touch anything if we could help it. Each step in the blood caused it to ripple once more. Brushing against the gore, caused it to pulse and fall onto the ground with a meaty thud. I slid into some flowers, and the blood their roots were rooted in sucked up into the stunning red roses.

XaoZs1K.png

The next floor made me wish I stayed outside even more. The room was full of human flesh, broken bones, buckets of blood, dyes, and paintings. The festering gorging pile of maggots stuck gnawing away at the torso of what seemed to be a mutilated man. The paintings had a haunted look, almost as if painted by a mad man. The oddity of seeing piles of gore, wrung flesh, and brains, with deep red roses growing from the bones and floor… The painting of a Liche Lord hung upon the wall, its eyes looking straight forward into me.

Gragus shook my shoulder and we continued on.

237TeoW.png

The floor above was much more clean. Things seemed to be tidier, albeit some looked like it was blown away with the walls in an explosion. There were several vials upon the tables of strange liquids. Reagents that Gargus swore no longer existed here with great worry. Some boiling liquid in a cracked glass…the miniature explosion nearly restarted when one of the swordsmen slipped into the table. Several bookshelves with books strewn about from whatever caused the explosion in this building. Gragus picked up one of the fallen books, I peaked over his shoulder. He claimed it was nothing but pages of indeciperal text, but I saw several words as if I knew the language within, but I could not! I only know one!

A distinct humming came from behind the bookshelf Gragus and I stood in front of. Two of the swordsmen pushed the shelf forward and behind it was a pulsing…heavenly light… It was so surine, flashing calmness into my being as if not in a tower of horrors. Gragus slapped my head and used the teleporter to arrive on the top floor, as if the energy was not there, free of the time displacement, calling to me…

rj5bJSF.png

Upon the roof was a horrible sight. A corpse in a pale blue robe lay upon the stone. Blood strewn about, painted on the ground in what seemed to be random shapes or glyphs. Magical crystals of an unknown energy hovered around the corpse, with a being floating above it. It’s form seemingly to change as if fighting to pick a shape I recognized. The closest I could think of it looking is that of a large deamon of some kind.
Gragus noticed a book before the corpse and monster. He picked the squishy tomb up and a stream of blood leaked from the pages with a high pitch scream. A yell from below startled us.

Looking down, the man who was vomiting from before was wrapped around in vines of the hedges and dragged into them. The men outside the area fighting the sand and vines that started to crawl and lash out from this place… That man’s body was bound and with a crush we could hear him no more. The book in Gragus’ hands continued to scream until Gragus threw it down and the deamon turned its head to me. Gragus lifted his staff into the air and smashed it into the book, and the whole building started to violently shake.

The stones frozen in the air fell with terminal velocity to the ground. The gore splattered against us as wind picked up as we fought to get down the tower as the creature screamed above and the hedge did so below. One man slid on the gore and was crushed by a wall as it flew into him, smashing him into nothing more but another stain upon this cruel tower.

Fighting the hedges with fire and sword the last of us escaped before the building collapsed into the demonic creature above swirling sand into our eyes as we fought against it to safety…When the storm suddenly died and the sand fell back to the earth, the ruins were gone. In its stead, the building was there again, faintly, as if we never entered it…but…

Its barrier was down… and with each strike till midnight, it became more solid and I could hear it…the voice of the tower calling…that light…telling me to explore the secrets within…

The house cords are: Compassion Desert 71 11'N 49 46 'E

This is my first attempt at a semi finished horror story. I had a lot of fun decorating and thinking of what the story could be about. I went with cult themes after watching several horror movies with Carl and his crew. All the books are reachable and set so anyone can read them. Each floor has 1 or 2 books that you can read if you'd like that tell the story of those who vanished from this cursed building. If you can’t find your way up the tower the screenshots have hints ;)

Dyzzery

Coordinates: 1878, 2424 (Trinsic Swamp)

[this home is based on some greek mythology]

Ahh, I see you have stumbled into the home of Khaos, the primordial. Fortunately for you though, she has been expecting your presence and has informed the Tartarus Gatekeepers.
c4197b2244c4b18b15ab3ac076845f8e.png

Nyx of the Dark meets you at the gates, her back turned to you. “What brings you here, human?” she muses, seemingly more to herself than to you. “Necromancy,” you answer. “The graveyards across Sosaria are rumored to gift their powers – I heard that Hecate resides within.”
9c742456b63825293a049f6d75303997.png

Nyx stands in silence for a few moments before waving her hand. “Come, I will humor you - and be mindful of the elementals in incubation. Hecate would not be pleased to hear her army was compromised before it even finished.”
7ec514494dd5d2394067164638af68d4.png

The two of you stop abruptly at the top of the stairs. After a quick glance, you realize it’s a kitchen that is not something you thought you would see in such a place. Nyx, catching onto your hesitation, replies, “yes – I know exactly what is crossing that simple little mind of yours. You are correct…. This was originally a chess room.” Utter confusion flashes across your face, prompting your tour to laugh. “Do not allow your face to beseech so easily. While I will not disclose its previous use, I will confide in you that Gaia has taken up habit of appearing from nothing, secretly making herself at home within Khaos,” she continues. Nyx scowls at the thought. “At least efforts are made to appeal our eyes.” You continue to the next floor.
eec1408ab385c5b653ac51935429a203.png

You stumble at the top of the stairs, tripping over vines and bumping your head on a bookcase.
57d1b4e9ef19f287f38722a8ae53ff03.png

“Mmm… I thought I told Gaea to lay off on her little ‘gifts’ – she really should learn to respect boundaries,” mutters Nyx. She beckons you towards the pentagram on the floor, and you can feel the air getting warmer as you approach. Skitters the Hopper watches you cautiously, standing between you and Nyx’s work area. It appears that she was been working in tandem with Morpheus, if it wasn’t made obvious by the tentacle bedtime nightmare.
0132a9730b3b0a4d860937e196f006af.png

61c86228810891ba65e33aa200c7f757.png

“I would advise you tread carefully upon the roof,” Nyx warns you. “Hecate is busy with her pets, preparing an additional army of undead to unleash for the Hallow’s Eve hunt. Thankfully it is feeding time, so all of them are too occupied with their meals. I think.” The air around you appears to be… vibrating?

54549629c7c03aea4f031305ab797f76.png

You step through the circle, you appear through a burst of flames, and are met by Hecate. “CAREFUL, human,” she hisses – “why have you brought them to me, Nyx?

a670edf936948b5c16320617427b9adb.png

4c493053f47c9b2e4d3fbee7d7b89fc0.png

be31e28dc5663b74560bb83f564dcc40.png

Did it slip your mind, that an ancient blood drinker is taking refuge in my sanctuary?” Hecate sighs. “Please refrain from approaching the coffin, human. Now… what may I help you with?”
123b9a36d9d8f21dc41bd379afb24575.png

You nervously explain that you had recently begun to collect shards of forbidden knowledge from Sosoria’s graveyards, and came to seek advice as you journey to become a necromancer yourself. You can feel the eyes of her fiends watching you closely.
1e6175050e0f9f619e73d953bdcf05d9.png
4c08b57d3a2cfc3adf411075e3e7b2c9.png

Hecate looks you up and down, before silently shaking her head. “Unfortunately, I am too busy assisting the deities with Hallow’s Eve – however, I will say this. You are a powerful being, and very capable of following the path. Return to the graveyards. All you need to know is already within you.”

FIN

A special thank you to all my guildmates that helped make this possible this year!

Dyzzery

Coordinates: 1878, 2424 (Trinsic Swamp)

[this home is based on some greek mythology]

Ahh, I see you have stumbled into the home of Khaos, the primordial. Fortunately for you though, she has been expecting your presence and has informed the Tartarus Gatekeepers.
c4197b2244c4b18b15ab3ac076845f8e.png

Nyx of the Dark meets you at the gates, her back turned to you. “What brings you here, human?” she muses, seemingly more to herself than to you. “Necromancy,” you answer. “The graveyards across Sosaria are rumored to gift their powers – I heard that Hecate resides within.”
9c742456b63825293a049f6d75303997.png

Nyx stands in silence for a few moments before waving her hand. “Come, I will humor you - and be mindful of the elementals in incubation. Hecate would not be pleased to hear her army was compromised before it even finished.”
7ec514494dd5d2394067164638af68d4.png

The two of you stop abruptly at the top of the stairs. After a quick glance, you realize it’s a kitchen that is not something you thought you would see in such a place. Nyx, catching onto your hesitation, replies, “yes – I know exactly what is crossing that simple little mind of yours. You are correct…. This was originally a chess room.” Utter confusion flashes across your face, prompting your tour to laugh. “Do not allow your face to beseech so easily. While I will not disclose its previous use, I will confide in you that Gaia has taken up habit of appearing from nothing, secretly making herself at home within Khaos,” she continues. Nyx scowls at the thought. “At least efforts are made to appeal our eyes.” You continue to the next floor.
eec1408ab385c5b653ac51935429a203.png

You stumble at the top of the stairs, tripping over vines and bumping your head on a bookcase.
57d1b4e9ef19f287f38722a8ae53ff03.png

“Mmm… I thought I told Gaea to lay off on her little ‘gifts’ – she really should learn to respect boundaries,” mutters Nyx. She beckons you towards the pentagram on the floor, and you can feel the air getting warmer as you approach. Skitters the Hopper watches you cautiously, standing between you and Nyx’s work area. It appears that she was been working in tandem with Morpheus, if it wasn’t made obvious by the tentacle bedtime nightmare.
0132a9730b3b0a4d860937e196f006af.png

61c86228810891ba65e33aa200c7f757.png

“I would advise you tread carefully upon the roof,” Nyx warns you. “Hecate is busy with her pets, preparing an additional army of undead to unleash for the Hallow’s Eve hunt. Thankfully it is feeding time, so all of them are too occupied with their meals. I think.” The air around you appears to be… vibrating?

54549629c7c03aea4f031305ab797f76.png

You step through the circle, you appear through a burst of flames, and are met by Hecate. “CAREFUL, human,” she hisses – “why have you brought them to me, Nyx?

a670edf936948b5c16320617427b9adb.png

4c493053f47c9b2e4d3fbee7d7b89fc0.png

be31e28dc5663b74560bb83f564dcc40.png

Did it slip your mind, that an ancient blood drinker is taking refuge in my sanctuary?” Hecate sighs. “Please refrain from approaching the coffin, human. Now… what may I help you with?”
123b9a36d9d8f21dc41bd379afb24575.png

You nervously explain that you had recently begun to collect shards of forbidden knowledge from Sosoria’s graveyards, and came to seek advice as you journey to become a necromancer yourself. You can feel the eyes of her fiends watching you closely.
1e6175050e0f9f619e73d953bdcf05d9.png
4c08b57d3a2cfc3adf411075e3e7b2c9.png

Hecate looks you up and down, before silently shaking her head. “Unfortunately, I am too busy assisting the deities with Hallow’s Eve – however, I will say this. You are a powerful being, and very capable of following the path. Return to the graveyards. All you need to know is already within you.”

FIN

A special thank you to all my guildmates that helped make this possible this year!
EDIT: sextant coords are 69 degrees 57'S, 39 degrees 1'E

Faytality

Staff member
*Posting on behalf of oloik#1954

Once open a time, a priest used to live, in a church, in harmony with man and mother nature.

During a full moon evening, a stranger sneaked in the priest residence. Then, he quickly left while talking in an incomprehensible dialect to finally disappear in the forest. A moment after that abrupt visit, the priest started to feel sick and could not leave is room, he was stuck in his bed.
As the time goes, the priest kept complaining more and more. Everything seem’s to be darker, everything was becoming darker, dismal, gloomy…

Without any news of their priest, the citizens of the town were really worried. They went to the church to make a follow up on him. NOTHING !! No sign of the priest !! He’s GONE, no messages, just nothing.

Several months later, citizens randomly start disappearing around the village. The residents confirm hearing screams and weird noises coming from the forest and around the church area.

IS IT POSSIBLE that the priest has not really left his church, his home ?? Is he still ALIVE ???
Are you brave enough to spend the night in the church to find out?
Coords 959, 1939
111.png2222.png33333.png44444.pngunknown (1).pngunknown.png

Cyrennia

Neophyte
I found myself wanting to decorate to popular culture theme this year: Stranger Things - TV Show ****Warning Post may contain spoilers for the T.V. show if your not current up on the seasons. ****

Map Cords: 3903, 223 - Dagger Isle
Anyone may enter and explore through the poorly fixed wall.

Halloween Night Will begins to be stalked by the Mind Flayer, as hes waiting to pull him into the upside down.

Inside the simple Byer home on a Halloween night.

And finally, while ash falls in the upside down, we can see a future scene Vecna capturing 3 of his 4 victims, and if you look close you may even see someone about to escape his grasp at the last minute. You may also notice a small mind controlled army standing by waiting patiently.

Everyones houses look great.

-Cyrennia

whiskeydrunk

Hello, here is my submission ran out of time for a crazy story to go with the build, but i was just going for a bloody bony all around halloween look, took a while to design but had fun putting it together, hope you enjoy! this is Whiskeydrunk cave house at 6204, 3439,

0qO20kR.png
k1BwtUA.png
fUOHzBN.png
HjmIaAY.png
LTdYzE3.png
E0MC6hn.png

Noemi

Apprentice

At first when you enter everything looks fairly normal, the secret dungeon is not visible and all that is out of place is a fallen chair with a club nearby.

The second floor is filled with body part and experiments, who or what is this?!

The third floor is far different from the second. Sounds of swords clanking can be heard from the dungeons with the occasional splash and scream. The sounds disappear just as quickly as they came.

On the roof the bodies of the poor souls this house has taken.

https://imgur.com/a/UcdQeg7

There are many untold stories here. When you do visit, make sure to check the journals in the order they were written. Perhaps they will shed some light on some of the many atrocities that happen behind these walls.

https://imgur.com/a/ECK1Fa7

https://imgur.com/a/gnMD3jl

https://imgur.com/a/6DRe676

https://imgur.com/a/jeynWIX

And don't forget to explore the star room, perhaps take the gate or walk the plank. But BEWARE, you may never leave.

https://imgur.com/a/Z6xq9cI

BoPeach

Novice
Welcome to 924 N. 25th St. - The Jeffrey Dahmer Museum!
Outside we've preserved the gardens as monumental gravesites to the fallen victims to his heinous crimes... but if you dare, enter the main hall to gaze upon the horrors with your own eyes.

NSOUQ6L.png

Walking up the grand staircase of the museum will lead you right into the surprisingly mundane apartment of Jeffrey Dahmer. That smell. What is that smell?

Eir9e4N.png

If you look closely around the apartment you'll notice details that reflect a sinister past to an unhinged mind. The chair in the corner with polaroids on the floor of his victims where they were forced to pose for photos... sometimes alive sometimes... not. In the kitchen where police found a chest freezer full of-well peek inside if you dare. (The teleporter to the next floor is under the snow beside the "chest freezer".)

wGIVKWX.png

219 Club, the place where Dahmer picked up majority of his victims. Be careful enjoying a drink here, make sure you watch it being made. The room to the East we find a tidbit of Dahmer's childhood. His obsession with taxidermy and roadkill.

k6oJ8Y0.png

Uh oh... This is what can happen when you don't keep an eye on your drinks. Luckily this victim in the bath house was caught before anything worse could happen. Safe to say he won't be drinking Whiskey coke again.

8TLdHtl.png

Returning the way we came, to the main doors, we take a left (west) you will see the vents that connected neighbour Glenda Cleveland's apartment to Jeffrey Dahmer's. If you listen closely, you can still hear the haunting sounds of his victims cries through those vents. To your right, presented on a table as it was to Glenda is the repulsive questionable meat sandwhich... We are forever grateful that Glenda refused to eat the sandwhich and instead chose to display it here at the museum as who knows what should may have consumed.

cE0qTa3.png

If you are brave enough to wander up to the top floor, hold your breath to avoid the stench.

zm5wBYP.png

Don't say "Goodbye" or "I have to go" too soon or you might upset him.

ffEfUUA.png

Around the bedroom you'll find disturbing and iconic memorabilia. From the piles of different tools he used to cut up and dismember the bodies, to the demented board game he created. You'll even find his beloved mannequin sitting next to his bed... the one person that will never leave him. Venturing into the closet, acid vats of decomposing human body parts can be found, only identifiable because the serial killer kept the ids of the victims.

ZlO5UI0.png

I wanted to leave some discovering to you folks as there are some other little tidbits throughout the museum. The doors and teleporters are open to anyone at 2025, 1110.

Happy Halloween!

Dereliction

Neophyte
Blood and Moon Manor began as a home for those looking to perfect the art of Alchemy. As time passed, the Alchemists ventured deeper into their research and perfected a formula for a demon ichor that could be used to summon hell dwellers to the mortal realm. At first, they summoned demons that did the alchemist’s bidding… but it didn’t take long before said Demons realized their other-worldly powers should not be controlled by a group of mere mortals. Biding their time, the demons gathered in number and force, and crossed the barrier into our realm with their sworn leader and slaughtered the alchemists one by one until very few remained. The one’s who lived were enslaved to craft potions of strength and other magical powers to be used in “world domination” or some such nonsense.

The habitants of this mansion may, or may not, be looking to add more human-hating warriors to their ranks. If you dare to enlist, hike your way through the snowy mountains of Dagger Isle using the coordinates I’ll provide as your guide. Be warned, though, whether you live or die is a fate I cannot envision. Perhaps you should ask Nostrodumbass to tell your fortune…

The coordinates that I promised you are (3999, 265)

We’ll be waiting….

x5zUYc0.jpg

pzYIR8M.jpg

IgvCcTy.jpg

2iatn7N.jpg

kFaSNSz.jpg

Godsrage

Grandmaster
My name's Elvira , but you can call me tonight
JEMDawr.gif
I'm the host with the most now the
Nickel Tour this is the Celler

AJHSci3.png

it need some chains and a snorkel to give it a dead end look

now to the First Floor and to my to die for Couch and all my top Fans and for Shane and Fay and Tony soon off with there heads

and add to my collection soon and my and to my 3 Favorite sisters was add Winifred, Sarah, and Mary. Big Kiss

l0W2xY1.png

QvL54lQ.gif

ok let move a little Faster here on the Nickel Tour net the 2 Floor

need some lock picks for the volt room 2

yrw4VBC.png

now Floor 3 and the master volt and Master Libaray

yt4jNJD.png

now to the roof Top

l4V7QE5.png

Now for the Legal information 1# this is not a Fay build house 2#
xr3J3ZI.gif
and 3# Go find the kids candy and watch
HELLRAISER on hulu and maybe a little Hocus pocus and Hocus Pocus 2 and play some UOF and 4# that is the very important one (( unpleasant dreams ))

Faytality

Staff member
*Posting on behalf of Pied Piper#9678

Paws Used to be a thriving village, until one of the popular villagers, who used to travel all over the world. One day he went off to fight in a dungeon, and when he came back he was different. It took people a while to notice, at first. Soon, the villagers and pets started disappearing. People had started to whisper how he had lost his taste for food. How his once beautiful home became over grown. It looked as if he were in the middle of packing and he and his dragon, up and disappeared. Or did they?
pied1.pngPied2.pngPied3.pngPied4.pngPied5.pngPied7.pngPied8.pngLoc.pngPied6.pngPied9.png

Faytality

Staff member
4-41063_happy-halloween-wallpaper-background-scary-happy-halloween-background.jpg

2022 Halloween Decoration Contest

The Halloween season is upon us! We are ready to see some spooky house designs created by the players.​

Rules

1. Deadline for submission is October 31st, 11:59PM PST (November 1rst 2:59AM EST/1:59 AM CST/12:59 AM MST). Anything posted after the deadline will be disqualified. (Even if it's late by a second, do NOT be late!)

2. Post all of your screenshots in this thread. Only post contest submissions in this thread.

3. One house per player! Do not try to sneak in side by side houses.

4. Do not enter the same decoration design from previous years or copy from a website. Any house designed by a staff member is not eligible to win. Must be completely player built/designed.

5. This is a decoration contest, having a house designed to fit your theme is good, but some form of Halloween decoration is a must.

6. Post the (X,Y) Coordinates of your house in your post. We will visit each one in person on judgment day. If we can not visit your house, then we can not judge it.

7. WE WILL BE JUDGING ALL AREAS OF THE HOUSE! Utilize your space to the best of your ability.

8. We will only judge actual houses. Islands will not be considered. (Houses placed on islands are ok, as long as staff hasn't had a hand in designing it)

a few tips for success
Have a theme/story to your entry. Example: Pirate themed, dark and gory, and other themes from pop culture. You can also choose to tell a story with the decor. Whatever tickles your fancy! Just make sure it's Halloween related!

Use your space wisely! We judge based off of the ENTIRE house. not just one area. If an area seems to be lacking in sections it will hurt your score. The same is true for over doing it. It will hurt your score if it looks like a box of random Halloween deco exploded all over your house. Quantity<Quality

Small details can make a big impact. Creative use of ordinary items in ways not normally used can easily impress the judges.

Rewards

View attachment 4391

1rst- 10k Dono, Golden Skeleton Pumpkin and Hallowed Book of the Undead. (2153 Iridescent Peacock, blessed silver slayer spellbook)

2nd - Sliver Skeleton Pumpkin and 5k Dono

3rd - Bronze Skeleton Pumpkin and 2.5k Dono
Winners
First: Phrygian
Second: Dereliction
Third: Whiskey Drunk

Awards have been locked down at each of the winners houses.

Thanks to all who participated. This one was very hard to judge! We hope everyone had a great Halloween season!

Christmas Decoration Contest is coming in December!

Status
Not open for further replies.