2014 House Design Competition Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.

limlight

Grandmaster
limlight I actually agree with you. For uniqueness across any UO server, his is it. Was really surprised he came in only tied for 3rd tbh.

I totally understand how great the 1st place winner looks...but ive seen designs identical to it on osi shards. Ive never seen anything even remotely amazing as karls. Put it this way...if i didnt have a castle and a yew moongate house....id be offering him shit tons for it.

I mean...the implementation of its surroundings with the snow matching the terrain..the ladder adding an effect of a dungeon...the complete lost tomb feel was nailed on the head. I look at it and im in awe and i really couldnt think of anything to add to make it better....

Except an 6x6 section devoted to ennnnngots...ennngotttsss!!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I totally understand how great the 1st place winner looks...but ive seen designs identical to it on osi shards. Ive never seen anything even remotely amazing as karls. Put it this way...if i didnt have a castle and a yew moongate house....id be offering him shit tons for it.

I mean...the implementation of its surroundings with the snow matching the terrain..the ladder adding an effect of a dungeon...the complete lost tomb feel was nailed on the head. I look at it and im in awe and i really couldnt think of anything to add to make it better....

Except an 6x6 section devoted to ennnnngots...ennngotttsss!!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I sold my house and castle, living now in a small max storage by a mountian. I will make it a mining cave with you in mind lol.

I thought the walkway over from the castle and the cave entrance along with the story and stuff was fun to imagine and make it look right, it took about 10 revisions just for the design. Yeah I have a lot of rares but I only used about half of them and I didn't think it was just pixels dumped around, they all fit the theme.

Next time I will just make what the stupid walls say they are supposed to be. With a single covetous candle and no other rares!

Congrats to the three who finished ahead of me. Next time...

Spydee

Journeyman
I honestly seen Karl getting first as well. The only thing I can think is it wasn't actually a House. If it was a "property" design contest...1st place hands down. Well Done Karl.

Bromista

Grandmaster
There were a lot of good classic designs also, let's not forget!!

There's just too many styles to have to judge witbout nailing down some sort of hints as to what is being looked for, of which staff did an adequate job.

That being said Karl house still wins in my book because it did that and more. A story arc and theme that aligned itself with new content.

And a cool design.

berticus

Grandmaster
I wasn't even good enough to be mentioned hahaha =]

Congrats to everyone, especially my baby daddy Carl sagan. Such pro

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

C

Carl

Still missing some players names for the participants. Please make sure you post your in game character name.

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
it's ansem carl. ANSEM

you remember, your fellow AMERICAN with OLD GLORY on his roof?

Yeah buddy, you go ahead and gimmie that prize before the authorities get you.

You'll be lucky if I don't tell your fellow Texans about this...... I know how they roll down in the lone star state.

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
dwZic6C.png

blind man

Expert
#2 post was an Entry for blind man

first and worst entry on server

disregaurd my PM, didn't see you post u missed names

C

Carl

Following people have yet to give me their character names. After this list is complete will be able to use a script to send all the participants who did not win their statues.

andomin
Babethoven
knykolous
ee am Dat
StarBaby
drinni
Khaladon
Cens
Morgan
Dutch
Olivier
Coorhagen