18x18 on grass with no spawn

jdcalve

Master
Is JD your friend?

Each house is different and this one has quite a few around it. I would be surprised if it sells for 1.6m.

I dont expect it to reach 1.6m, but it's not exactly common to place an 18x18 with no houses around it.

The cost is what it is due to having to purchase other homes e.g. small plots in order to demolish them and place a larger house.

You can't just run through the woods and place an 18x18.

For reference.. an 18x18 fell last night and 4 seperate small plots were placed in its spot. Those plots sell for 2-400k each simply because they're blocking a potential 18x18 placement.

4 plots at 250k/ea plus the 250k+ to place a large plot.. cost to simply place an 18x18 is nearly 1m on the low end.

gofer

Grandmaster
My motive was to screw around with Asan; I still think you get over 1m given the edited portion of my post.

Edit: I am aware of the dynamics, but this is a market and a unique one at that in this case (houses). Time will tell.

jdcalve

Master
My motive was to screw around with Asan; I still think you get over 1m given the edited portion of my post.

Edit: I am aware of the dynamics, but this is a market and a unique one at that in this case (houses). Time will tell.

I agree.. I also expect 18x18 demand to increase when house linking is implemented.

Probably should've sat on this one for another week :)

* Asan is actually a competitor and involved in much more of the Idoc/placing scene than I :p

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Is JD your friend?

Each house is different and this one has quite a few around it. I would be surprised if it sells for 1.6m.

Edit: Time will tell, given its the middle of the week.

Actually no. Me and Jdcalve have never gotten along.

That being said, I have sold dozens of houses here, so my opinion is educated. I don't think it will get 1.6 either, but if it goes for 800k that will be below market value. And it isn't a unique market.. houses here are pretty damn predictable.

jdcalve

Master

That being said, I have sold dozens of houses here, so my opinion is educated. I don't think it will get 1.6 either, but if it goes for 800k that will be below market value. And it isn't a unique market.. houses here are pretty damn predictable.

The recent trend on the sale forum is for people to not bid at all on items until five minutes prior to auction end.

People think its going to bring prices down, but it's going to mean higher starting bids or simply buyout price only listings.

Messremb

Grandmaster
The issue here is the length of the auction. who knows, there may be a better plot that opens up Thursday or Friday. I don't want to worry about an offer on a house that isn't closing till Saturday. If the doesn't shoot up in price before then you will probably see me late Friday or early Saturday.
Thanks,

jdcalve

Master
The issue here is the length of the auction. who knows, there may be a better plot that opens up Thursday or Friday. I don't want to worry about an offer on a house that isn't closing till Saturday. If the doesn't shoot up in price before then you will probably see me late Friday or early Saturday.
Thanks,

Not a problem.. I ran the auction longer due to posting it on a Monday.

I'd imagine most players don't even check the forums til Fri/Sat/Sun.

gofer

Grandmaster

Fair enough on your relation to JD. However, you are wrong concerning the point about houses not being a unique market. Boards, for example, hover around 3-4g per board. No other variables to take into account with such a commodity; the market for boards is largely static so long as supply and demand stay relatively constant. Houses on the other hand, are unique, because of the wide variety of variables that can be attached to them and the value placed on those variables by the buyer. Spawn v no spawn, swamp v. grass, dungeon proximity v. no dungeon proximity, peace and quiet, moongate v. no moongate (yew), blockage v. no blockage, etc. The only thing that is consistent in the housing market is the size of the house/plot and/or the range of prices. Time has given the server a more accurate assessment of price given the sample size, but houses continue to be unique because of the variables and value people attach to said variables. Naturally, these variables affect how high in the range you will get or the inverse. In other words, your time on the server can give someone a more accurate assessment of the price of a particular house within the range, but the market is still unique because of the wide variety of variables present. In an effort not to promote or criticize JD's property, I will let you read between the lines with regards to what I meant in my original post about the property based on the explanation I just gave.

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
How many houses have you sold Gofer? Just curious why you think you have the slightest idea how the housing market works here.

"The only thing that is consistent in the housing market is the size of the house/plot and/or the range of prices" so yeah, I'm glad you agree with me. There is nothing unique about the general price that houses sell for, therefore the market itself is not unique. It is predictable, being why I could accurately speak to the fact 800k was low for this property.

Is each homes placement unique? Ofc.. you can only put one house on one plot, your mistake is trying to say that makes the market itself unique. The location and details of a house, and the price it sells for, are two different things even though they are directly related.

gofer

Grandmaster
How many houses have you sold Gofer? Just curious why you think you have the slightest idea how the housing market works here...

How many houses have you sold Gofer? Just curious why you think you have the slightest idea how the housing market works here.

LOL! Do you work in business? Do you invest in the stock market? Have you made a sizable amount of money? Do you know how supply and demand works? Are you ignorant with regards to the notion that mmo markets/economies work in a similar fashion to the real world? My ignorance with regards to my experience in selling houses on UOF does not exclude my ability to accurately discern the manner in which a market works, whether it be in UOF or the real world.

"The only thing that is consistent in the housing market is the size of the house/plot and/or the range of prices" so yeah, I'm glad you agree with me. There is nothing unique about the general price that houses sell for, therefore the market itself is not unique. It is predictable, being why I could accurately speak to the fact 800k was low for this property.

Based on posts I have seen from you in the past, I am not surprised at your inability to accurately comprehend what I wrote. For the record, I do not agree with you, in fact I said you were wrong. The key in that quoted statement is the bolded text ("range"). If you read my explanation, you would realize that I include your knowledge of the market (and anyone else who has been on this server long enough). Your knowledge affords you the ability to give someone a better idea of a price with the RANGE. The fact that there is such a wide range with housing prices in comparison to boards demonstrates that uniqueness.

Is each homes placement unique? Ofc.. you can only put one house on one plot, your mistake is trying to say that makes the market itself unique. The location and details of a house, and the price it sells for, are two different things even though they are directly related.

Sounds like you are starting to realize what I am implying. If I go and cut a tree in Trinsic, outside of Hythloth, and next to the Brit graveyard and then refine that product into boards then I will still get roughly 3-4g. A house in each of those 3 environments of the same size (go back to the consistent factors) can sell at the high or low point in the range. Naturally, a big part of that is what people want and they will certainly place a value on a certain variable, which is out of your control. Your knowledge just gives people a more accurate assessment as to a good price in the range, but that does not change the fact that the housing market is unique because of the wide variety of variables and volatility.

If I buy a 10,000 sq foot house on Star Island in Miami right next to Gloria Estefan's then I will pay on the high end of millions of dollars. If I buy a 10,000 sq foot house outside of Detroit then I will pay far less, but still within the range for houses of that size. The plot (UO) or sq footage (RL) is the same, but the other variables (in this case location) are different. People hire real estate agents for a reason, whereas oil is still oil whether it be from Venezuela, Texas, or Saudi Arabia.

My apologies JD, I will not comment again so that you can continue to sell your house and not get this thread locked.

Edit: shortened quotes.

Last edited by a moderator:

gofer

Grandmaster
I want to let you know, your wall of text was posted for no reason because I didn't read it ;-)

I think someone is mad.

No no, its evident that you read it, you just got put in your place. Your posts usually amount to 1) trolling and 2) pulling the epeen im better than you because I do idocs or think I am rich card. Once you realize you cannot win with those you resort to insults. Nothing new.

Mad? LOL! I like trolling the troll (my original post); showing the forum you are an ignorant _____ (fill in the blanks) is just a plus (latter posts).

JD, my pleasure. Hope it sells for what you want.

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
As long as you keep typing out paragraphs upon paragraphs to prove nothing, I continue to win ;-) And no, if you want to type a book over some petty nonsense, I am not going to read it, sorry kid!

There is nothing you have said that has proven any ignorance on anyone but yourself. My original comment was right, and it continues to be right, your point is what again? That you suck at trolling? Ok, I get it, enough already. I know you are a nobody, and it enhances your position in the UOF hierarchy to be my enemy, but I am afraid I will not afford you that luxury, as your are not even important enough to dislike.

PS: I never insulted you, you insulted me. So again, your points are not only invalid, but hypocritical. Until you have the intelligence to hold a discussion with me, you might as well save yourself the time of looking stupid. And if you consider yourself a 'troll' at least try to be good at it, or at least learn what it means.

a burglar

Novice
As long as you keep typing out paragraphs upon paragraphs to prove nothing, I continue to win ;-) And no, if you want to type a book over some petty nonsense, I am not going to read it, sorry kid!

There is nothing you have said that has proven any ignorance on anyone but yourself. My original comment was right, and it continues to be right, your point is what again? That you suck at trolling? Ok, I get it, enough already. I know you are a nobody, and it enhances your position in the UOF hierarchy to be my enemy, but I am afraid I will not afford you that luxury, as your are not even important enough to dislike.

PS: I never insulted you, you insulted me. So again, your points are not only invalid, but hypocritical. Until you have the intelligence to hold a discussion with me, you might as well save yourself the time of looking stupid. And if you consider yourself a 'troll' at least try to be good at it, or at least learn what it means.

View attachment 854

You were saying?