Young Players getting GRIEFED!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Right of corse it is. But it be nice if true youngs didn't get griefed for a spell. But that goes back to the other posts. How do you make it so someone who truly isn't a young but had the status doesn't abuse it. Dungeon lvl, kill count are all good ideas. People using them for idoc, well that's tougher to manage if they never use there young for hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you limit the areas they can goto, say Brit/noobie dungeon(s)

Cheapsuit

Master
your right, but young status is to let new people explore around and get familiar to the mechanics, etc.

not for someone whos been playing for 20 yrs get on a new server and hunt top tier shit with slayer armor and what not.

not saying this guy did this, but imagine this. guy creates new account, slaps on 50 provo, magery, eval, and gms music in a day..all supplied from his first account. then takes that char out and hunts in top gear with it, all in young status. hows that not abusing the young tag?

Everything gets abused in this game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
Everything gets abused in this game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right it does. But u can limit it to an extent. So he goes to deep into dungeon? Prompt to no longer b young. Kills 300 creatures? Looses young.

You could limit them to travel distance. Say they can goto select towns with their wisp, Brit gy, newb dungeon etc, plus the option in the wisp to goto select lvl 1 dungeons only. Again if they kill to much or goto deep young status could be ended.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Yeah the young shouldn't be doing it either. I didn't realise there was a way to kill youngs though
First day on the server, maybe like an hour into my first character, I went to the MoonGlow cotton field and saw a few folks messing around near a boat. Guy on the boat told me to go away and a few seconds later hit me with the cannons and his friends finished me off :(

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
If EQMS sees young abusing their young status, farming end level areas in end game gear, they wont be treated as young players... that being said, Ive never been like "cast daemons on this guy" because any idiot in this game can outrun a demon.

Jongi09

Master
If EQMS sees young abusing their young status, farming end level areas in end game gear, they wont be treated as young players... that being said, Ive never been like "cast daemons on this guy" because any idiot in this game can outrun a demon.
To be honest - If a young is abusing, they aint young

SHould have had his title removed, but at least he gave up and left

I felt sympathy at first, but didn't think it was someone abusing the young status

Dimok

Master
My bud who still has young status couldn't go into deceit lich's with me, so this must already be implemented. It's weird that he could go to titans with me but not lich's.

Dimok

Master
SO just saw a load of reds kill a young char using a daemon. I took a screenshot of their names - that counts as griefing right?
First day my bud and I played on here we were fighting ettins in despise, both with young status. Guy showed up, summmoned a daemon then walled us in with it after he released its control somehow. He was blue too, not even red. We laughed and both said "yeah, this is old UO alright."

Jongi09

Master
First day my bud and I played on here we were fighting ettins in despise, both with young status. Guy showed up, summmoned a daemon then walled us in with it after he released its control somehow. He was blue too, not even red. We laughed and both said "yeah, this is old UO alright."

Good spirit. I hate moaners - but at the same time its important to assist new players. People abusing young status are as bad as those that abuse real new players

Desi

Grandmaster
Young status players have full access to 'The Defiled Crypt', a dungeon specifically designed for newer players to explore in-game mechanics, opt into a quest, and sock away a bit of gold. Regular players (except for volunteer Companions) are restricted from entering this Young dungeon. Once a Young ventures outside they need to accept potential consequence of farming at regular dungeons frequented by reds and other players.

If you page in to staff, any Young participating in end-game content (pvping, tournaments, idoc'ing, rdas, champ spawns, etc.) will immediately have their Young privileges removed.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
And I thought I heard shitty white boy rappers before but this is just sooooo embarrassing.... Ugh. I would have quit too. And the chick and other dude ,they seriously thought that was good..maybe deaf only thing I can think of.

Who else is in the t.S?

No idea maybe if @Bomby isn't dead from drug overdose/malnutrition/scurvy he can answer

Raged didn't quit he was banned for spamming global chat trash talking staff pretty bad during a zombieland event, and some other stuff as well I think. He wasn't really that bad tbh and was always fun to fight along w the 247 zerg.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
No idea maybe if @Bomby isn't dead from drug overdose/malnutrition/scurvy he can answer

Raged didn't quit he was banned for spamming global chat trash talking staff pretty bad during a zombieland event, and some other stuff as well I think. He wasn't really that bad tbh and was always fun to fight along w the 247 zerg.
Karl, he may have been a good person but he was no biggie smalls....

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
My bud who still has young status couldn't go into deceit lich's with me, so this must already be implemented. It's weird that he could go to titans with me but not lich's.

If it is a champ area youngs cannot enter the general vicinity a champ takes place. A few screens in each direction of the alter. Even if s champ is not up a young can't get thru. You can still farm that lvl but may have venture around the spot the champ takes place in. That could be what you seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.