You catch yourself red handed.

Gravy

Neophyte
How am I supposed to get gains in stealing? I got a packy, left noob status. I did not join the theifs guild. What am I missing? I read the guide but it did not mention anything. I have 50 stealing, not in theifs guild. I'm trying to steal items weighing between 4-5 stones but always fail and catch myself red handed. Dont I need 60 stealing to join thiefs guild and if so, how am i supposed to get gains? Thanks for listening.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
put empty bottles in bag A (50-60 stealing = 4 bottles, 60-70 = 5 etc).

Put bag A inside bag B

Put bag B on the ground

make a macro to steal bag A out of bag B, then drop it back into bag B.

run macro ;)

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
buy pack horse on one character and load it up with empty bottles.

use thief char to steal from that pack horse. every once in a while drop the bottles on the ground and pick them up with ur other char and put them back on the pack horse.

gg problem solved.

Salsa

Grandmaster
Have your non thief char buy a pack horse. (Another account)

Friend your thief character to the pack horse.

Place a new bag in the pack horse with 4 stones inside. (I usually just use gold pieces and separate them into stacks of 1gp)

Macro stealing and placing the bag back onto the horse.

Once you hit 60, add another stone to the pack.

Rinse and repeat.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
You can not attempt to steal from anyone else or anyone else's pack horse until you are in the thieves guild.
Could the "work-a-round" be if they were in the same guild? Would that allow the thief to steal from the pack horse? Or, buy one, load it with 1600 empty bottles, release it, then loot it dry? Once empty, re-tame or kill it and repeat?

Sephid

Master
put empty bottles in bag A (50-60 stealing = 4 bottles, 60-70 = 5 etc).

Put bag A inside bag B

Put bag B on the ground

make a macro to steal bag A out of bag B, then drop it back into bag B.

run macro ;)

This is how its done folks. I did it this way months ago and it worked like a charm