Would people be interested in a raffle?

Duck Face

Grandmaster
So I've gotten most of what I have from being lucky and winning a raffle. I've been thinking about putting up some of my high end items for raffle soon, just wanted to see what people think before I do.

I'd likely sell tickets for a week at like 10k per, put some limit on # of tickets to be sold, add the names to an excel sheet and randomize the list of names using random.org. Then get on twitch and stream the random number generator to pick a winner.

I figure this gives some people a chance at some nice items for cheap, and will help to move some of my more expensive items.

Ideas?

asics

Grandmaster
would be nice if we have a "script" that we can

select from a npc "raffle vendor "the number of prize, select a "ticket" price, then the NPC sell randomly..creating an "automatic raffles"

i write an example, cause maybe i explained it so bad.. so

you select number of ticket 10

you select 9 prize= a dragon head
you select 1 prize= a ticket of 1.000.000 gold points

then you select price of each ticket: 150k

then the raffle start, the vendor will sell randomly 10 ticket to the player that will buy the ticket

wih the command "info" , you will see a gump with the number of ticket avaiable, and the COMPLETE list of prizes.
when the time of the raffle ends (24,48h 1week) all the prize will be avaiable in players bank if they bought some ticket.

if someone wanna explain it better..but i hope this explain my idea ^^ ...this can let everyone have his own "raffle" automatic, custom and safe for buyers! (it can also work as gold sink taking off 10% of gold from ticket sold)

AlyM

Grandmaster
I agree @asics
Raffles are fun, and while @Duck Face is trustworthy, some people might not be.
A raffle vendor would be interesting, but I see problems in it.
If a bug happened, a person could lose their valuables.

How I see the raffle vendor working:
A person buys a raffle vendor. It comes in deed form.
Place the person wherever desired (vendor house, home, etc, you must own it)
Double click the raffle vendor, gump comes up. Option to target prizes.
Minimum tickets to be sold, maximum to be sold (?), ticket price, time limit, and more are the options on the gump.
Information on the gump would be # of tickets sold, etc.

Once you set the timer you cannot change it.

Set max amount people can buy. Sucks when I can only buy like ten tickets but people with more time on their hands can buy 100.