Winter Wonderland?

The Grixxitt

Apprentice
I'm the only one in my guild who can see this apparently, so I figured I'd link a few sreenshots and link them.

(Was trying to fix a strange bug where all my TR pots show up as regular refreshes, repatched my UO to the official servers, hence the result)

Wilderness

Cove Orc Fort

Yew Bank

My House (free plug, vendors always stocked)

Jax Monroe

Master
Yeah usually OSI (around this time) patches so their servers look like it's winter time. So if you patched all the way that's what you'll see.

S

Shane

I looked into this one time, i think its a certain client version honestly. I'm not 100% though. If you figure out, or if anyone knows how this specifically is applied, please let me know as i'd like to do something like this for UOF.

The Grixxitt

Apprentice
Shane said:
I looked into this one time, i think its a certain client version honestly. I'm not 100% though. If you figure out, or if anyone knows how this specifically is applied, please let me know as i'd like to do something like this for UOF.

I still need to uninstall/reinstall to fix my potion issue.

I plan on patching to OSI fully instead of using the UOF patch. (I usually do this anyway so I can mess with/test the .mul files on a side project I have). Will report if I can recreate this.
If anyone has a suggestion on which patch I should stop at to see if the winter art tiles load I'd be happy to test.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
this happened to me one time also
i could have sworn i fucked up my art files somehow playing with different treehack type mods when it happened to me

puppz

Neophyte
Chediak said:
Shane, couldn't the admins just set the season in RunUO? It's been a long time since I messed with it, but I remember being able to switch from summer to fall to winter with a [command.

(A google search later) - here's a link to a script on the RunUO site, but I remember it being even easier than that.
http://www.runuo.com/community/resources/changeseason-command.113/

No client patches necessary as far as I remember.

The season functionality you refer to only changes smaller vegetation (rocks, bushes, flowers) and trees.
How the terrain tiles are rendered based on the current seasons is coded in the client. The reason why you see snow on your upgraded client is probably because the UO devs finally decided to update the felucca terrain tiles on the client.