Why statloss of pets should be canceled when pked

De Medici

Grandmaster
I have read so many discussions where people complained and asked why pets still gets statloss when pked, griefed, and so on, especially under consideration of pvp vs pvm chars. Personally i dont bother to much because I am using a script to escape which works many times. Btw. Shanes argument you can escape by recalling is defenetly (partially) proven wrong because nobody can be faster then a steam script and even the script dont get it every time. It depends on your ping!

The magic feeling of uo comes from the possibility to do open pvp and the danger of getting pked. Thats a crucial part of the game and I always was against perma stat or increased pk punishment. But the one thing I personally dont understand is why it is permitted to grief people by killing their pets and causing stattloss (perma) AFTER you killed them. Why should one side get perma and the oher not? Btw. pet skills cannot be makroed. I call this a doublestandard.

How ever, and this is the most important point, I think some griefers would (maybe) stop playing if they couldnt do this any longer. It is understandable that people who decide to play a griefer are as important as others. I would understand if Shane is scared to lose them. Dont get me wrong, most "griefers" wouldnt care to much. With respect to the fact that especially new players leave the game BECAUSE they get griefed and therefore frustrated i doubt that the 2-3 players who would leave would have a huge impact. Or to say it in different words: pet statloss where pks/griefers are involved causes much more damage to the community in terms of keeping a healthy population then benefit. Benefit Cost Calculation --> stop perma stat for pets when pvp involved.

De Medici

Grandmaster
haha ;-) ye i appreciate that you guys take your time to deliver a good product.

Last edited: