Why Pks kill AFK bard players at the provo table?

bzkl13

Apprentice
Well these people do it either for one of three reasons:

1) for t3h lulz
2) they can't actually PvP, and this is the closest it gets for them (almost Trammelesque if you ask me, no risk but they want all the juicy lulz rewards! lol)
3) they have secret insider Flubinati information relating to how npc lutes are going to be used in some ultimate quest in a year where everyone with the most npc lutes gets REALLY SHINY PIXELS

...or all the above.

Seriously though, most times I just have an alt that can come and rez. Sucks if you need to do full afk, but semi-afk it's like, what, a minute long stop to whatever multi-hour macro spree you're engaging in.

Also, if people are really pissed about it, just call some white knights together and get like 10 mages to camp there with EV macros. I'm surprised there aren't anti-PK groups camped there night and day, as it would be a endless amount of easy kills (these are not real PvPers we're talking about). You might actually get some loot from them lol. Hell have a couple anti-PK reds on standby to kill the fucking blues who come and drag liches into the room too.

This is coming from a person who's been killed at that table like 100 times or something haha. I don't give a fuck one way or the other, I laugh when I get killed there 10 times in an hour.

I always enjoyed logging in with another character and chasing the PKs away as I was macroing with my bard. They never expect it, it's always funny, and sometimes you can come away with some reags or something.

I should do that more often, now that I think about it...good times.

dennozz

Grandmaster
Yo I am not training any bard atm or something, just wanted to post this shit. So im not piss off cause im getting pk or something

halygon

Grandmaster
they have no skill or lives so they spend all their free time greifing those who can't protect themselves
Griefing is a valid play style too.

The answer is that folks get bored and want to do something.. So they screw around with afkers. It's fair game since the guys are exploiting a mechanic to ease their skill gain without being attacked by spawn.

You can't possibly expect to be afk in a dungeon and not be attacked by a pk, regardless if what you are doing.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
This has been happening since OSI launched. This server has the bard room table, back in the day we would all line up in the bone knight room (aka the newbie wall) doorway and raise our skills. There would be 15-30+ people all stacked on ea other and pks would run in and fire bomb the wall and kill us all. Ahh the memories :)

Bromista

Grandmaster
BONE WALL FTW.

I'm gonna start a pk guild (that no one will join because who would join Trammy Bromista's PK guild?!?!) call GFG - Griefers For Good.

Then we'll really show those newbie macroers how to keep an economy in check.

halygon

Grandmaster
BONE WALL FTW.

I'm gonna start a pk guild (that no one will join because who would join Trammy Bromista's PK guild?!?!) call GFG - Griefers For Good.

Then we'll really show those newbie macroers how to keep an economy in check.
Its not too late to join my PK guild named similarly -- GIGS - Griefing is Good Stuff

Basically, we make sure no one feels too trammel-ish by herding / discording pets, killing macroers in dungeons, perform explode runs at WBB, and more! Join the fun today!

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Its not too late to join my PK guild named similarly -- GIGS - Griefing is Good Stuff

Basically, we make sure no one feels too trammel-ish by herding / discording pets, killing macroers in dungeons, perform explode runs at WBB, and more! Join the fun today!

I....I think....I think I...love you?

halygon

Grandmaster
I....I think....I think I...love you?
...Of course we were recently nerfed by the discord now turns us grey "fix" that the staff implemented to prevent griefing -- but we aren't going to let something like that get us down. We just decided to add noto killing to our list -- I mean, our blue members need to have something to do too.

Bromista

Grandmaster
LOL at least you can be freely attacked instead of encouraging the victims of riefing to do the noto killing so it's a step in the right direction.

Hugsforpeace

Apprentice
I feel provo is more of a trade skill, similar to mining.

If I run up on some asshole miner, out around Brit X-roads, and I kill his ass because I love free ingots. We don't see him come on the boards and cry like some skirt because he got killed, odd since he probably isn't AFK (hopefully) and actually lost shit.

I've done my time at the table, I've died and I've killed there.

There are a million reasons, and none of them are going to make you quit being butt hurt because someone interrupted your AFK macroing, so why even make this thread when we both know that no matter the answer you get, you will not be satisfied?