Why does almost every dono item seem to lose value despite being removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxLiner

Master
Im no good at economics so I was wondering why this may be

Ive noticed it only takes one or 2 people in need of some quick poker cash to sell something for cheap and the price has dropped permanently

Great example is a boura from 2.5 mil to 1.7 mil in just over a month, PW big quiver

exceptions : Blaze spell book, Blaze sandals & Reptalon

Mango

Grandmaster
just a matter of people wanting to sell something fast. If you have the bank, you can buy out whatever compitition and set the price to anything

FluxLiner

Master
I notice that once its on the forums at a certain price, & not deleted. That price is pretty much in stone or the max peps will pay.

so the quick sales are affecting permanent values

Liberty

Grandmaster
It's because there is such a small economy here. If consumers see a item sell for a low price, they will assume that is the market value for the item. Shouldn't work like that but virtual economies do not compare to real life situations.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Im no good at economics so I was wondering why this may be

Ive noticed it only takes one or 2 people in need of some quick poker cash to sell something for cheap and the price has dropped permanently

Great example is a boura from 2.5 mil to 1.7 mil in just over a month, PW big quiver

exceptions : Blaze spell book, Blaze sandals & Reptalon

There simply just isn't a lot of gold out there... to many have wasted their wealth on Meta items

Ch4se

Master
Why pay going rate when you can wait for some guy to lose all his gold in poker and sell you the item you want at 40% of the actual cost?

Kael

Master
Plus there is an infinite amount of donation tokens available. Anyone can have any donation item they want if they are willing to pay the bagman. If a donation item had a cap...like say 25 bourna statues and they all numbered. Would that help maintain prices or even help the speculator invest in something rarer.

Snickle

Grandmaster
Also I think with all the relics and rares around these days, people just aren't paying big for vanity items

Status
Not open for further replies.