Why am I stopping while running so much?

bowlarus

Neophyte
As of right now, when I'm running, the momentum stops even when there's nothing in the way. Is it because there's too many people on? Server can't handle the load? Will there be any upgrade so that this doesn't happen anymore. I'm just asking because I don't know if it's affecting just me or is everyone experiencing this?
EDIT: I have 3.75 MBps. Yes, that's megaBYTES not bits. That a pretty decent connection, I think. Why would my running be hesitating like there's something invisible in the way but I know there's not?

Xonryz

Apprentice
If you're 100% positive you're at full dex (so you'd pushthrough stealthed/hidden players) it's likely server-related.

Only lag I've experienced (and it was very slight lag) was immediately following the server coming up after the expansion patch, I was one of the first online and as the bulk of people connected, I experienced some slight hitching.

bowlarus

Neophyte
I was really wondering if anyone else had experienced this. You run, stop briefly, then run again--no system message saying you pushed something invisible out of the way. I'm pretty sure I have that Smart CPU reduction unchecked.

Last edited by a moderator:

bowlarus

Neophyte
Yeah, mine's been unchecked. I didn't have too much hesitation today. Might have been a bit of the fact that there was an event running last night or something. Server overload, maybe?

Ragnarr

Neophyte
I just saw this post today but what you are describing has happened to a few times since January. At first i thought i was being trapped in by stealthers, but it continued to happen and i realized something else was up.

Two things i think may have helped were 1) hitting the resynch key. Razor's resynch didnt work for me so i moved to steam and it resynch's perfectly. 2) i checked run this program in compatability mode, disabled visual themes, disabled desktop composition, and ran as administrator.

Dellan

Grandmaster
Where are you from? And how old is your rig? Sounds like lag of some sort, and believe me, no speed of connection can help fixing it.. I have 100mb/s and still jumped around before on old rig. It's better now tho, with new machine, so it was probably hardware lag.

Dellan

Grandmaster
So it's not a rig I guess, and ping issue too, I had (and still have) avrg 180-200.. I was literally jumping around like a mexican bean sometimes.. Chased people about to finish them when they suddenly dissapeared. Sounds bit different than your troubles, eh.. No idea mate, sorry.

Rippen

Adept
It isn't your PC or your connection. If you use Razor to macro at all, it starts to lose sync for some reason. I thought it was a connection issue, but when I closed it down and reloaded it after I had macro'd for a bit, it went away. Once you start the macro and your macro has you walking at all, it appears to lose sync with where you're actually standing and where you're walking too.

I have fixed it 3 times now by closing down the application and reopening it. Works fine until I use the macro aspect again and then after doing the macro trying to play for a bit.

Dellan

Grandmaster
Oh yeah, if you walk with razor macro, you jump, that is known issue. It also screws up walking and running even after you stop the macro. But he's not mentioning using macro..

Ragnarr

Neophyte
it's not the macro because i tried restarting the computer multiple times... it lasted for a few hours one time, and over 24 hours the next time...