Which relic to get first and why on the Phylactery tali

Acidik

Neophyte
Hi, i have been farming quite alot the last couple days and i will have the budget to buy my first relic for my big tank dude, i was wondering what relic i should grab first and also why. I have just returnd to UOF and this talisman quest is keeping me entertained and i love it !

StegcO

Grandmaster
Sincerly I have a different phylosophy, defense tali gain more and more defense level by level, using 2 defensive relics as first 2 make you so strong but at lvl 6 you will do the same damage as without tali (correct me if i'm wrong).

Also EXP is not so easy to gain, after lvl 5 become very slow to gain all the exp for next levels so basically last relic you put can be in the next 6 months. Using leech and recoil as first relic allow you to incrase damage thanks to relic and defense strenght thanks to talisman level becoming more balanced char. Then Remedy and last quench, at lvl 10 a firebreath is not a problem and activating leech and recoil allow youto kill a dragon in 2 hit.

BUT I'm a shitty pvmers, just my two cent.

thestand

Grandmaster
Man, the relics for defense talisman seem so shitty compared to zerker relics.

Quench... a relic that only works on like 3 mobs?

Remedy... another relic that only works on certain mobs that can do melee poison?

So depending on what you're farming there's a high chance that 1 or 2 of your relics won't even be a factor?

It would be more appealing if quench covered all the fire type spells and remedy covered poison spell also.

I've tried to make a defense talisman char but it seems pointless at the moment to invest money into it when I can use a fraction of that money to buy slayer armor for the zerker and have the best of both worlds.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Mine isnt a suggestion about what talisman is better, i have all. just my suggestion about what are the best relic to apply first :)

WRSampson

Expert
Recoil doesn't add to experience and is easiest to gain thats why it is recomended last. But if you get quench and remedy then you can farm things like shadow wyrms more easily and get better experience.

Peav

Grandmaster
@Acidik
As for leech and recoil, those two relics don't provide much protection. Leech is a terrible relic to go for first since it gives you a non-wittnnssable healing amount even at high level if not surrounded by 6 mobs.

Recoil doesn't provide any extra EXP when recoiling the damage taken and also helps you kill the monster faster which you don't want to because you want a semi-full exp gain.

For sole leveling i would recommends Quench or Remedy as first, you want to farm high hp mobs such as dragons and rotting corpses. Both of those relics work out very well for defensive purpose and will give you much more protection from those.

The way i leveled my talisman really fast was i found or made myself paragon rotting corpses and used veterinary for full gain. One rotting corpse gets you around 1.5k xp. This is really good if you have spots marked around only those and can probably get a full level in less than couple hours.

Sincerly I have a different phylosophy, defense tali gain more and more defense level by level, using 2 defensive relics as first 2 make you so strong but at lvl 6 you will do the same damage as without tali (correct me if i'm wrong).

Also EXP is not so easy to gain, after lvl 5 become very slow to gain all the exp for next levels so basically last relic you put can be in the next 6 months. Using leech and recoil as first relic allow you to incrase damage thanks to relic and defense strenght thanks to talisman level becoming more balanced char. Then Remedy and last quench, at lvl 10 a firebreath is not a problem and activating leech and recoil allow youto kill a dragon in 2 hit.

BUT I'm a shitty pvmers, just my two cent.

I personally think everything written by this guy is false, every single defensive talisman guide tells you completely the opposite. I actually feel sorry for you if you have a maxxed talisman and did those relics this way, maybe thats the reason it took you months to do.

EDIT: You must live in a parallel universe to think that Leech damage absorption (10 damage/10 heal at max) is better than farming dragons with quench which can make you immune to 2x firebreaths worth over 60 damage. Same with rotting corpses, Lethal poison absorption of 100+? damage compared to Leech?

Last edited:

StegcO

Grandmaster
You must live in a parallel universe

FctO1RL.png

Bromista

Grandmaster
@Acidik
As for leech and recoil, those two relics don't provide much protection. Leech is a terrible relic to go for first since it gives you a non-wittnnssable healing amount even at high level if not surrounded by 6 mobs.

Recoil doesn't provide any extra EXP when recoiling the damage taken and also helps you kill the monster faster which you don't want to because you want a semi-full exp gain.

For sole leveling i would recommends Quench or Remedy as first, you want to farm high hp mobs such as dragons and rotting corpses. Both of those relics work out very well for defensive purpose and will give you much more protection from those.

The way i leveled my talisman really fast was i found or made myself paragon rotting corpses and used veterinary for full gain. One rotting corpse gets you around 1.5k xp. This is really good if you have spots marked around only those and can probably get a full level in less than couple hours.

I personally think everything written by this guy is false, every single defensive talisman guide tells you completely the opposite. I actually feel sorry for you if you have a maxxed talisman and did those relics this way, maybe thats the reason it took you months to do.

EDIT: You must live in a parallel universe to think that Leech damage absorption (10 damage/10 heal at max) is better than farming dragons with quench which can make you immune to 2x firebreaths worth over 60 damage. Same with rotting corpses, Lethal poison absorption of 100+? damage compared to Leech?
This is the best read I have seen on UOF forums in a while.

Just dismantled the bad advice in a really thorough and informative manner. Little bit of bonus ribbing but not too heavy-handed.

Cheers m8

Gomar

Neophyte
if you like to kill dragons = go for queench

if you like to kill poison elementals, rooting corpses and spiders = go for remedy, but remeber to train a little bit (lvl 2 or 3) before go to kill something strong... strong poison is difficult to trigger remedy lvl 1 or 2

StegcO

Grandmaster
Resuming:

If you are a POWERPLAYER user put Quench and Remedy first, at lvl 3 while you applied both you can train that relics to reach lvl 10 so at lvl 4 talisman you will be immune to poison and FB, then you can farm paragon rotting corpse like werkt n00b said.

OR

If you are not a nerd powerplayer shiny pixel lover you can make the opposite, so Leech and Recoil first: a lvl 5/6 defense guys with leech and recoil can easly make 40k score at champ and farm dungeon crystals even in destard without FB protection.

Basically you will have soon/easy (talisman lvl 5/6) a good protection from damage due to talisman level PLUS bonus damage thanks to leech and recoil, that it means easy farming for gold, easy farming for crystals, easy score at champ ecc ecc

All depends how you play, if you play 30 minutes each days using Remedy and Quench as first two relics is a waste of relic slot cause both relics will reach lvl 2 only while your talisman will reach lvl 10 cause without specific gain/exp/farming both that relics are the slowest in game to gain levels.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Admitted terrible player chimes in with advice someone else gave as his second nod to his inferiority, then gives his bad advice again. This time with insults.

Let's review:

A POWERPLAYER interested in cutting down the grind, and it is a shitty one, will go remedy and quench first.

If you are not a nerd powerplayer shiny pixel lover you can go leech and recoil and easily score at champs, easy farm crystals, easy farm gold, easy score at champs.

Wait, what?

Any relic is better than no relic so apply what you can get and what you can afford...I think are the most important things to tell anyone working any meta that requires you to deal with noobs in the b/s/t forums.

But nobody, nobody with any sense anyway, is going to recommend a little bit better score at champs, which probably shouldn't be a major concern until later, at the cost of slowing down overall talisman progress. Relic benefits are limited, as has been previously stated. Poison specific, FB specific, having 5+ spawn around you specific. Apply the specific relics that ease the grind and don't rob you of XP so you can get that overall talisman benefit faster...because that shit works on e v e r y t h i n g and it's always on, doing far better than leech/recoil in the long term.

You noob.

Stop giving advice in PvM, PvP, crafting, all of it.

Last edited:

Lexington

Grandmaster
Hi, i have been farming quite alot the last couple days and i will have the budget to buy my first relic for my big tank dude, i was wondering what relic i should grab first and also why. I have just returnd to UOF and this talisman quest is keeping me entertained and i love it !

I see you haven't responded to the thread... hopefully the BS form PVP hasn't scared you away.

The relic you should apply first really depends on where you will be training. @Acidik what mobs are you training on? Applying quench frist is a good idea ONLY if you intend to grind in an area where the mobs have fire breath... otherwise it's a waste as you won't gain any relic XP.

Acidik

Neophyte
Thank you all for you advises ( good or not :D ) I was actually out for vacation and i decided to go quench first because, lets be honnest, it is a pain to level up haha. I am actually lvl 3 on my Talisman and my quench relic is level 3 also. I have been leveling my quench with lava hounds but now that i have 800 exp to gain i feel like i am going to spend daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys on 1 single level.

I am thinking on going for remedy second but at the moment i am trying to figure out the best ( efficient ) way to level up what i got right now. Should i be holding a reptilian slayer wep and go kills dragons or keep going afk with my hounds ?