Where to find Vanq Weps?

DingDong

Master
Just curios what mobs that might drop vanq weps, or chests, treasures or whatever.

How do players gets 100s of vanq:s weps these day?

Any tip are welcome, places with lesser pk:s is preferd :)

Vorax

Grandmaster
Ogre mage spawns are a good place to hit up, as the clubs they drop have a high chance of being vanq, and also tmaps are your best friend when farming vanqs for the talisman quest

Vorax

Grandmaster
Yessir, they're ogre lords with more hp, and the ability to cast magic, there is a spawn in despise, wrong, and a few in the grotto

DingDong

Master
Al right, thanks a bunch guys...What level of t-maps should I go for to have a good chance of a vanq drop?

Found many dungeon chests, but have no luck with them, only low magic weps yet, I will keep trying :)

Vorax

Grandmaster
You can get vanqs and invul armor even from level 1 tmaps, I get tons off of level 1-3 and they're easy and take 30 seconds or so and boom done, chance at a vanq :p

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Grak

Neophyte
My first day as a gm provoker I managed to get about 3 vanqs and that was about 2 weeks ago. I since then made a tmap char and done about 6 devious maps and 10 cleaver maps. Not a single vanq, and since my first day provoking i have yet to get one to drop. Guess I wont be getting a meta anytime soon :(

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
I've got a whole vendor loaded with vanqs, (Booty Island NE of the Magnicia Entrance and NW of the docks -vanqs from 6-10k!), and all the high-accuracy vanqs I could ever need in storage. How? Just from loots. Once my weapon chest fills up I id everything, and there's usually a vanq or two in there. Or a high-accuracy Power weapon, which is in fact better than a straight vanq with no acc bonus.

If you want to gets loads and loads of them, just make a fisherman and starting doing MIBs. You'll have chests full of vanqs and invuln armor pieces in no time.

Grak

Neophyte
I dont like sailing and everywhere on the forums people said to do tmaps which doesnt seem to be true just did 8 more maps today. Got nota

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Higher (casting) mobs have a good chance, MIB's and treasure maps are key though.

Grak

Neophyte
I would assume the strongest caster in the game is the umm balron in khaldun, but they dont seem to drop vanqs. Ive gotten 100s of powers but thats about it. Guess ill keep trying really didnt wanna take fishing :(

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Yeah, I gave up on fishing. There's nothing like setting out with your all your MiBs just to have a supercharged Gallileon pick you up on their telemetry, roll up and take you out. Supreme suckiness right there. So much wasted time, fishing up the MiBs, charting all those coordinates in UOAutomap...

Although, I mean, if you do MiBs you won't just have chests full of vanqs, you get all kinds of gold out of it and all the regs you could need as well. I just find it boring. Especially when my toon is sitting there fishing up one trashy fishing item after antoher for 5 long, lousy minutes. Sometimes it goes on forever...

Anyway, I hunt titans and dragons and find all kinds of items on them. Good items even come off the pirates, drakes, and cyclopses.

1 in 30 will usually be a vanq.

Last edited by a moderator:

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Let me qualify that last comment. I was in a mad rush yesterday to procure gold to win a relic auction, so I took my two fisherman out and did some old MIBs that were still languishing around my house from my long-ago fishing career.

I can say for certain that the rate of vansquishies is *much* higher from MIBs than it is from lootz. I hunt mainly titans and dragons... occasionally get a vanq. The fishing chests were rife with them.

Also got some slayer weapons and the like.

Shane is right (and of course he is, he runs the frkn shard!) Definitely go with fishing over farming for high-end weapons and armor.

Last edited by a moderator: